Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#42456 - 05/29/07 09:43 PM Which is better - Laser Hair Removal or IPL?
itz_jac Offline

Hi,

I had laser hair removal a couple of years ago and then just last week had IPL, i was just wondering what is the better? which people found more effective?

thank you for your help.

jac \:\)

Sponsored Links
#42461 - 05/30/07 12:54 AM Re: Which is better - Laser Hair Removal or IPL? [Re: itz_jac]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Did the laser not work for you from a couple years ago? Most people get better results from actual quality lasers. IPL's are more like long term waxing devices, though there are couple of better IPL's.

What areas are you concerned about? What areas were treated a couple of years ago? What do they look like today? What laser did you use?

Thanks.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#42464 - 05/30/07 01:02 AM Re: Which is better - Laser Hair Removal or IPL? [Re: dfahey]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
there are various true lasers and there are various IPLs. it's nearly impossible to compare them the way you would like us to since you didn't provide names of machines, settings used, if you saw all hair shed last time etc. one thing that is generally the case is that most IPLs are not as good and not as permanent as true lasers in GOOD HANDS (right settings etc). If you didn't get results last time (what exactly happened), it was mostly likely due to the tech's skill, improper settings, etc rather than the actual machine. what machine is best for you personally depends on factors you didn't provide like area treated, hair type and skin type .

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 119 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod