Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#4266 - 07/28/05 04:55 AM Re: Hair Off mitts: my experience
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
You are Soooo Wrong.

That only works on the legs because they are legs. Blood is to hair as fertilizer is to grass, and the legs are notorious for poor circulation. Most people have fewer hairs on the legs as they age without doing anything. This will never be the case on the face.

If you want to rid yourself of facial hair, you need Electrolysis with a good practitioner.

Sponsored Links
#4267 - 01/09/06 06:43 PM Re: Hair Off mitts: my experience
smoothlover Offline
Major Contributor

Hi everyone!

Just discovered the Friction forum! I'd like to ask you about your experience with "hair mitts" vs. pumice stones or other abrasives such as sandpaper--which method is the most effective?

It seems that if the pressure or rubbing of socks on the lower leg leads to less hair, then pumice or sandpaper might also be effective. If anyone has tried this, let me know! What is the most effective way to use friction--dry or wet? Were the results longer lasting than shaving? How much irritation does friction cause?

Regards,
smoothlover

#4268 - 01/09/06 07:05 PM Re: Hair Off mitts: my experience
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Maybe you did not understand, a person who walked around bare legged for their entire life, would still tend to lose leg hair at they age due to the lessening of circulation that occurs as people age. The worse your circulation, the more hair you lose.

Now don't go thinking that you should cut off circulation to gain your hair removal goals, as that would lead to other problems.

#4269 - 01/11/06 07:41 PM Re: Hair Off mitts: my experience
nanci Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Tacoma Washington
I tried the mitt on my face and legs. My hair is very thick & course so in order to remove the hair I also removed some skin it was like having a really bad rug burn.
I hope you have better luck!!!

#40382 - 03/18/07 06:33 PM Re: Hair Off mitts: my experience [Re: nanci]
megan824 Offline

Where can I find one of these mitts?

#47118 - 11/05/07 10:27 AM Re: Hair Off mitts: my experience [Re: megan824]
vicky Offline
Contributor

Loc: Australia
I use silky mitts as a change from shaving and waxing on the lower legs. I find them a good alternative as it takes all the dead skin away and since doing this i dont suffer so much with ingrowns, i think its because all the hard skin has been removed so the hair can get through easier.
I use on dry skin and a cirular motion and dont press too hard. then use plenty of moist.
I suffer from picking at my legs and now all the marking has almost all gone as I dont need to pick at the ingrowns.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Lasting results
by hairy Harry
Today at 09:02 PM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
Today at 09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
Today at 07:26 AM
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8046
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod