Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#42981 - 06/18/07 05:02 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II ***** [Re: LAgirl]
itsasecret Offline

Loc: ca
hi there ive read most of the posts and i have tried to retain all the info i can haha but theres alot from different sources.. i want to get electrolysis done for my genital area.. you said you got perianal? i read you wrtoe it was the anal area.. different from the buttocks correct? how many sessions did that take? i read u did 2-3 sessions is it completely cleared now? cuz i have hair there but not alot ...oh and do u have referrals for LA/OC/SD area for electrologist? and how much did yyou spend totally for that area?

Sponsored Links
#42983 - 06/18/07 05:13 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: itsasecret]
itsasecret Offline

oh and how long does each session usually take? i know it varies depending on several factors, but lets say for a moderate amounts of pubic hair, lightskinned (at least that area), dark somewhat coarse hair, how long would u think that would take?

#42985 - 06/18/07 06:08 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: itsasecret]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I did not get electrolysis there. This area is great for laser because the hair is coarse. You should find someone with a good laser for your skin type. You will need 6-8 treatments or so for almost complete removal spaced 8-12 weeks apart. Each session takes around 10 minutes. Laser is quick.

Please read the FAQs on this forum for detailed information on how to figure out what you need to get good results.

#42986 - 06/18/07 07:41 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: LAgirl]
itsasecret Offline

okk. gotcha. sorry to seem so redundant. ive read ALOTTT including FAQs, some even several times. i dont know if its just me but im not fully registering everythign im readin. sorry please bare wit me.

to my understanding, laser removal is referred to as "permanent reduction" opposed to electrolysis being "permanent removal". according to everything i have read, those terms seem to be used with parallel meaning, so im kind of baffled as to how they are different (besides the procedures in which each is performed).

it just seems kind of contradicting because on responses and postings ive encountered 'permanent reduction' is practically the same as 'permanent removal' so why would FDA dissapprove of laser removal to be classified as 'permanent removal'? am i missing something? =[ this confusion is making it confusing for me to decide which is my better option. i want permanent removal, so would electrolysis be better? cuz lord knows i dont wnat hair growing back in couple of years and repeating this whole process. please help!

i am actually goin to consult with both laser technicians and electrologist, but i would also like to hear from peoples personal story and/or opinions (based on experience!)

thanks thanks thanks soo much!

#42987 - 06/18/07 07:41 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: itsasecret]
itsasecret Offline

sorry that was kind of long.

#42988 - 06/18/07 08:00 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: itsasecret]
itsasecret Offline

ok i just re read the FAQs and i THINK i got it.

do laser removal until hair is too fine then finish up with electrolysis. right?

any suggestions on any laser tech and electrologist? i believe im type IV skin. im Asian. and i dont burn easily but i dont tan that easily either. im not that dark (well i dont think) so any suggestions??

#42989 - 06/18/07 08:38 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: itsasecret]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

laser is great, but only works well on dark coarse hair. electrolysis is best for fine hair and also on smaller areas with any type of hair. electrolysis is ALSO good to finish on the other areas after laser gets most of it. I'm guesing you read this in the FAQs where it's explained.

Can you please start a new thread with your specific areas you want treated, skin type, etc so we can answer there. It's better to keep this thread with just my story so that others don't get confused. thanks.

#42990 - 06/18/07 09:52 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: LAgirl]
itsasecret Offline

I am a female and asian and I want to do full pubic area (Vagina region) and perianal. according to the scale, i am most likely skin type IV. My hair is dark and coarse. I want complete removal, i'm still researching on all of this for HOURS now.. literally.. I'm also a college student saving up money for this procedure, so if you guys have any suggestions as to which is more efficient and money saving, please let me know!

im not trying to just pay pocketchange for a horrible job but im also not trying to pay a grip for no results. i want my moneys AND times worth.

any suggestions?

Im from the LA/OC/SD area. i have came across a few suggestions (IE. sabrena smith, mary's, etc) but are there any more? i want to check out a few places before i committ.

i dont kno where the link to search for electrologist/laser techs in my area is , so sorry for asking but if u can please answer! thanks thanks tahnks! youre helping a bunch!

#42993 - 06/18/07 10:25 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: itsasecret]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

you can check out my doctor who is in beverly hills, which is where i got this area done (dr babapour). He has an alexandrite laser, GentleLASE. You might be light enough for it, or you might need a diode or a YAG. Your skin type is in between, so you need test spots.

like I said above, for this area, you do NOT need to start with electrolysis. you should start with laser. the people you are naming are electrologists, not laser operators.

check out this forum as well and search for "los angeles". you will find several threads where we discuss various laser clinics in LA.

http://cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6947

p.s. PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTION IN A NEW THREAD. It will be a lot more helpful to others. Let's keep this thread with just MY experience please so it's easier for others to track. Thanks.

#43815 - 07/17/07 07:26 PM Re: Update on My Results - GentleLASE on Bikini & Underarms; Type II [Re: LAgirl]
jamyLovesong Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Hi!

My name is JamyLovesong.

I left a post about laser hair removal, and dfahey told me you would have something to say to me about laser hair removal. Is this true?

Thanx!

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis on legs
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
men shaving legs??
by tyndn
Yesterday at 08:56 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod