Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#4309 - 04/30/02 01:58 AM Making the first time easier
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
Amanda sent me this tip in April:

"I bought a Braun SilkEpil and have been very, very happy with it. My legs are GREAT!! My arms however, tend to break out quite a bit. For the most part, I've found it pain free. My legs are basically hair free weeks later (and I am VERY hairy) plus, my legs didn't break out at all which they normally did when I shaved. Here is one pointer though: wax the area a few weeks before, as the hair will not be as numerous. I had waxed every thing but the upper leg and found the upper to be excruciating and slow because there was so much hair.

Thanks again for your site."

Sponsored Links
#4310 - 05/15/02 12:42 AM Re: Making the first time easier
johnny Offline

Loc: n. carolina
i too have just bought a braun silk-epil. it is so much faster than tweezing. i have a very sparse beard but with dark hairs so even after shaving it was still dark, so instead of shaving, i would tweeze. it would take a long time though, so moving up to an automatic tweezer was the next logical step. the main benefit now is the speed, but it's hard to get all the hairs so i still need the revlon tweezers. oh well. i've tried it on my chest and woke up with a bunch of little dots, but thankfully as i've noticed in the past, they should go away in 4 or 5 days. in 'other' areas, the braun pinched too much, so i'll just have to continue shaving there. is there any concensus on who makes the best rotary epilator? i'm going to return this braun and try some others to see if any are better, but i started with the braun because it came highly recommended by a friend down in sydney.

[ May 14, 2002, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]

#4311 - 05/15/02 02:53 AM Re: Making the first time easier
jon Offline

i was just wanting to know what people thought was the best epilator. if anyone has had good or bad results with one PLEASE post it because i am trying to decide which one to buy. regular tweezing is great but i need something to cover more area. thanks a lot.

#4312 - 06/03/02 03:46 AM Re: Making the first time easier
LongPonyTail Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Have any of you heard of Emjoi? Here is their web page:
http://www.emjoi.com/productpages/hair/departmenthair.htm

They've recently unvieled a new double tweezing rotary tweezer that's supposed to pull hairs as short as .5mm or approximately .020 inches. That's pretty darn short. Some of the epilators I've read about need at least .0625 to .125 inches in length to be effective. This model cost about $100, though. They have some battery powered models for around $40. I've never owned one but these look very promising.

#4313 - 06/04/02 01:40 AM Re: Making the first time easier
Hairy Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Just wanting to show my awe at women in general for being able to put up with epilators.

I bought an epilady (I'm a guy) - tried to use it on my stomach/back/chest - lordy lordy...wayyyyyy too painful. I didn't get anywhere with it. $40 down the drain.

#4314 - 06/05/02 03:46 AM Re: Making the first time easier
LongPonyTail Offline

I've read comments from women that bought an Epilady. They used it once and that was enough. I think they must be not as elegant as the rotary tweezer style, but I don't know.

#4315 - 06/05/02 05:29 AM Re: Making the first time easier
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

The original Epilady was a pretty nightmarish device with these awful twisting coils that weren't very effective and quite a bit more painful than they claimed in their early ads.

They had a big marketing push right before Christmas, and a lot of wsomen were screaming in agony that day. Nothing kills a bad product faster than good advertising. they say! [Wink] I'm surprised they didn't even continue with the brand bame because there were so many bad consumer associations with the name. The newer models they sell are more in line with the improved models of their competitors.

Personally, I don't think I'd use one on my face, but for women who spend a lot of time each day plucking, it might be a time-saving option.

#4316 - 06/05/02 08:31 PM Re: Making the first time easier
LongPonyTail Offline

HA! Funny you should mention the Christmas story. The article I read told of the author's teen years when her sister got a Epilady as a Christmas gift. They both rushed upstairs to try it out and .... She said it quickly became a garage sale item. Andrea, you have a lot of experience with the rotary epilators. Pardon my persistence, but have you, or anyone you know tried any of the Emjoi products? Their latest invention is a double rotary model with gold plated tweezers and they "claim" that these will get the shortest and finest of hair. I can only surmise but it would seem to me that if a person kept their hair very short all of the time by using one of these devices, my guess is that the pain would be much less severe than tweezing a mature hair. Do you use your epilator exclusively for hair removal?

#4317 - 06/08/02 05:03 AM Re: Making the first time easier
stubby Offline

I got a Braun Silk Epil Eversoft, I'm pretty sure it's new, and it's not like the Supersoft model. It came with an "Easy Start" head and the regular head, so that the first few times you can use the "Easy Start", then switch over. The "Easy Start" only has half as many tweezers. It made the process totally bearable. I still got red dots, but they did not sting really bad like ones I've gotten from waxing. It was just so much easier than anything else I've tried, and I'm really glad this product came out.

#4318 - 06/08/02 10:16 PM Re: Making the first time easier
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

stubby, I am a big fan of the Braun epilators, too, thanks for sharing here and on the other forums! [Cool]

#4319 - 07/07/02 05:25 AM Re: Making the first time easier
Sharifa Offline

In response to LongPonyTail's question- I've been using the Emjoi Gently Plus for a few years. I like it, it is kind of painful the first one or two times but after that it does not hurt. The only thing I don't like is that I get a lot of ingrown hairs even when I exfoliate. Another thing is that it takes a long time, you have to pass it over many times to get all the hairs. I haven't tried any others so I don't know how it compares to others (Well, I tried an Epilady many years ago, OUCH!!!)

#4320 - 11/15/04 03:32 AM Re: Making the first time easier
Mantaray Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: San Diego, California
This is a wacky but helpful tip here. This may help somebody somewhere, it sure helped me!

In trying to get my epilating times down, and be as efficient as possible, I tried using grids. That's right, use of mapped out grids of the areas you want to epilate. Before, I found myself re-doing areas, wandering from my plan, and forgeting what areas I had already done, so I thought; why not use some sort of marker to follow on my legs so I don't waste as much time being unorganized. So here's what I did, got a easily washable pen, and basically put small dashes breaking the leg into vertical quadrants and horizontal spaces about four inches tall. Not big lines, just little marks to keep track. I then would do one grid completely before moving on to the next. It helped immensely!

My time went from about two hours to do what I usually do, to about 65 minutes, with a much more thourough job! Less wear on the epilator, and less irritation on the skin. It's also a lot more mindless too so it just takes less effort in general. It's just a form of discipline to allow you to accomplish the task with no time wasted.

Just a pointer that seems kind of far fetched, but may help some. ...Just make sure to wash off the marks before you leave the house though, you don't want people thinking you're some life size sewed up puppet walking the streets!

Mantaray

Electrolysis, since 1875

#4321 - 11/15/04 05:46 PM Re: Making the first time easier
Aguila Offline
Major Contributor

Quote:

This is a wacky but helpful tip here. This may help somebody somewhere, it sure helped me!

In trying to get my epilating times down, and be as efficient as possible, I tried using grids. That's right, use of mapped out grids of the areas you want to epilate. Before, I found myself re-doing areas, wandering from my plan, and forgeting what areas I had already done, so I thought; why not use some sort of marker to follow on my legs so I don't waste as much time being unorganized. So here's what I did, got a easily washable pen, and basically put small dashes breaking the leg into vertical quadrants and horizontal spaces about four inches tall. Not big lines, just little marks to keep track. I then would do one grid completely before moving on to the next. It helped immensely!

My time went from about two hours to do what I usually do, to about 65 minutes, with a much more thourough job! Less wear on the epilator, and less irritation on the skin. It's also a lot more mindless too so it just takes less effort in general. It's just a form of discipline to allow you to accomplish the task with no time wasted.

Just a pointer that seems kind of far fetched, but may help some. ...Just make sure to wash off the marks before you leave the house though, you don't want people thinking you're some life size sewed up puppet walking the streets!

Mantaray

LIke anything a gud Epiator is critical and with experience you will be much quicker and will have a smoother body no matter what part you Epilate.
Granted areas like pubic needs to be done more freguently than say legs but just adjust schedule acordingly as needed.

#4322 - 12/23/04 12:57 AM Re: Making the first time easier
husky Offline

which braun eversoft are you using? the 2270 or the 2150?

#4323 - 06/23/05 02:01 PM Re: Making the first time easier
Veinlover Offline

Loc: Chicago
I tried the Braun in the past, and threw it in the trash. However, I really wanted a solution for my legs that lasted longer than shaving, and for my underarms, because the hairs grow at a slant, shaving always looks like there is a 5:00 shadow under my arms, so I wanted to remove their hairs altogether. I cannot afford laser at the moment, and think waxing is money down the drain.

Anyhow, the Emjoi Opti Max is a wonderful device. This is their newest one, and is a rechargeable version of their older machine with two rows of tweezers. The advantage of two rows is they rotate the opposite direction, and pull the skin tight between them, which makes it easier, and less painful, to epilate. Faster, too. I did my arm pits, and was amazed it was not so painful, and the results, after a week or so, are amazing, my pits truly look and feel smooth, not like a pit beard. My legs were a breeze, especailly the lower part. Some areas of the thigh are sensitive, especially the outer part (surprise, since the inner part is so sensual), and the hamstrings came out wonderfully, and they are almost impossible to shave due to the tendons. I did my arms as well, and have some bumps on my forearms, but they get that way from shaving, too. The only place I annot use the device is my chest and abs, WAY too painful. I just shave there, and will laser that area first, as with the Emjoi, I can keep the rest of my body nice and smooth. It gets easier and easier the longer you do it, I can tell that already. You just have to realize that epilators tend to miss hairs, so you have to go over and over, and two, hairs grow all the time, so after a week you will have new hairs to epilate. I would forget the idea it lasts 5 weeks, because all your hairs are on different growth cycles. But, they come in fine, since only the tips are at the surface, as opposed to the stubble from cutting the hair with a razor. Women have less leg hair, typically, so you might get to go longer than I do. After a few weeks, I've noticed my lower legs are staying nice and smooth for a while, and I do mean smooth, no stubble at all.

#4324 - 12/24/05 07:34 AM Re: Making the first time easier
Akram Offline
Contributor

I shaved my legs last night while in the shower. I really don't like the fact that I have to shave almost everyday (but I just LOVE the smoothness). I've been thinking about using my mom's epilator. How long does the hair have to be? I tried using it today, and it didn't really work (I think the hairs were too short). Thanks in advance!

#4325 - 12/24/05 07:50 AM Re: Making the first time easier
Akram Offline
Contributor

Also, I tried using the epilator on my arm pits. I could NOT take the pain. It was way too painful. I think I'm going to wax (or use that sugaring method) them though.

#62409 - 05/12/09 12:48 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Akram]
Lincoln6Echo Offline
Major Contributor

Boy, you people are wimps.

I'm a guy...very hairy Italian guy...full chest pelt if you know what I mean.

I started removing my full body hair in late 2004. Tried shaving the pubs back in the mid-'90s when I was in college, and found that the constant razor burn would lessen the smooth feeling.

Well anyway, back to 2004. Due to some skin issues (achne), I started to shave my body hair because it prooved to help the achne heal up. Well, shaving was a double-edged sword. Yeah, it got me smooth for a day, but then rough stubble would grow back within 12 hours...remember...Italian dude.

OK, so I figured I had to find something different. Did a little research and found that this new generation of rotary epilators would do the trick. And that's after trying some of these new oscilating cutter block foiled razors. What a waste those were.

So what model of epilator did I buy? The Braun SilkEpil 5270.

Works great. Works on all hairs except the smallest of new grown stubble. Give those hairs another day and it'll work.

Now, about the pain. But a disclaimor is in need here first. I'm a spinal chord injury patient, so my outer epidermis probably isn't as sensitive to pain as it would be for a normal person, so take this for what it's worth.

The pain factor depends on the number of hairs your epilating at any given time. The more hairs you're yanking out at one time, the more pain. Makes sense, doesn't it?

But there's some good news in that point. Once you get rid of your initial "pelt", the sparity in the hair regrowth cycle means that whenever you do get regrowth, it'll be a sparce hair here or there. And pulling these hairs out via the epilator is practically painless.

So basically, it's only the first time that you get that "unbearable" pain.

But back to the Braun 5270. It's a great epilator, BUT you must handle with care. Drop the thing, barrel first into a hardened floor, such as wood or tile, and there's a good chance that you'll jar the tweezer drum out of allignment and it'll stop working. Oh, it'll still rotate and it'll look like the tweezers are still pinching properly, but when you take it to hair...nothing happens.

I've gone through four of these things over the past 5 years. The first one I actually fried the inner motor of the hand-held devive with alcohol during a cleaning session. But the next three I ruined with drops on my hard tile floor. (Well, I still had the tweezer drum from the first one.)

So with my latest one, I have gotten into the habit of unpluging the thing after use. Because what was happening was that I was accidently catching the cord with whatever and it'd send the unit flying and crashing into the floor.

#76869 - 07/20/10 04:14 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: LongPonyTail]
My Epil Offline
Contributor

Loc: USA
Yes, I just purchased an Emjoi from amazon.com. I love it. I've been using it for a month and my hair is so fine and sparse now... It works! smile

Here is the model I purchased:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GS6...099AFJD6H9V5NF9

Here is the review I wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/review/RFW2A2TTNLXB3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

I had a lot of trials and errors with it, but I have learned to use it effectively now. The links in my signature are a result of this experimenting with this product.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! laugh

#82634 - 02/05/11 12:45 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Lincoln6Echo]
yashrg Offline

Originally Posted By: Lincoln6Echo
Boy, you people are wimps.

I'm a guy...very hairy Italian guy...full chest pelt if you know what I mean.

Wow!

#87100 - 05/08/11 03:29 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: yashrg]
Lincoln6Echo Offline
Major Contributor

It's easier to epilate if your hair is short, like after shaving. But a few days after shaving. But once you do epilate and get yourself fairly clear of hair, the regrowth is sparse and generally fine, and touching up is a breeze and a joy really. Even feels good actually.

#101600 - 10/07/12 07:16 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Loc: UK
See my other posts.

The All New Braun Silk-épil 7 with 47 tweezers now and can be used in the bath as well, is positively (in my opinion) the best ever epilator! Three months use now, no ingrown hairs at all, and my (male) legs are silky smooth for a week at a time and the re-growth is sparse and fine. (getting finer all the time!) Love it! Works on my chest and other intimate areas too!

#101601 - 10/07/12 08:40 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: JoHose]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I watched the video and this looks like a very cool product. I might get one just for fun.

#101602 - 10/07/12 09:35 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Michael Bono]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Ugh. I hate epilators.

Also, why does this feel like advertising?
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#101603 - 10/07/12 10:46 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Probably because it is advertising?

I never used one of those things, but there was one "tear out the hair" unit that ... well, you could hold up a bank with the thing! EEEEEKKKK!

#101609 - 10/08/12 01:11 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Michael Bono]
Dolphinz Offline
Major Contributor

love the fact it can be used in the bath i thought that soaking hair in water made it more elastic and probably slippy and then you are going to try and pull it out with a rotary epilator did i miss something ?

35+ hours Pro Electrolysis ongoing

Probably 700 hours or more over 18 months DIY electrolysis
Read nearly every post on the DIY section before begining
3/4 arms backs of arms shoulders chest neck some people watch TV I ZAP hairs nearly finished

#101614 - 10/08/12 02:24 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Dolphinz]
h56ty Offline
Major Contributor

I use to use an epilator and hated it because ingrowing hairs and grazes. When doing intimate bits you have to be extremely careful incase the scrotum gets jammed up in the epilator ouch! I have had 5 laser hair removal treatments with an alex and everything is feeling very smooth and far outclasses shaving, waxing and depilating. Still got some areas that have been missed i.e. strips of hair that need sorting out and some grey hair to be removed down there by electrolysis after I finish my LHR.

#101617 - 10/08/12 07:09 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: h56ty]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Loc: UK
I am NOT ADVERTISING!!!!!! I HAVE FOUND A PRODUCT THAT WORKS FOR ME I hate people thinking that just because I found a product that works, and I tell others, that it must be an ADVERT, stuff all of you moaners..... All I was saying is that this epilator works for me and I am hair free a LOT longer (7 days!) than daily shaving!!! Stop bitching!!!!

Edited by JoHose (10/08/12 07:13 PM)

#101619 - 10/08/12 08:01 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: JoHose]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Well, when you post many times and have the same story over-and-over it LOOKS like spam. No bitching, just maybe ONE post would be enough?

#101637 - 10/09/12 01:26 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Michael Bono]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

^Exactly.

----

Having used epilators for a good 10 years and more models than I care to remember from Philips, Braun and Remington (anyone remember the rotating rubber with nicks in it??), my personal opinion is that I would not recommend them to anyone.

Sure, it all seems great in the beginning but when you start to get ingrowns, they are the most horrible sort you can get. My underarms and bikini line skin is permanently messed up from all the cysts I had.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#101638 - 10/09/12 01:34 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By: stoppit&tidyup
Sure, it all seems great in the beginning but when you start to get ingrowns, they are the most horrible sort you can get. My underarms and bikini line skin is permanently messed up from all the cysts I had.

2x. I do not know stats, and maybe there are some lucky people who do not get ingrowns after epilators, but most people sooner or later get ingrowns (for some it takes several years to get ingrowns, for some just one use).

#101639 - 10/09/12 03:01 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: ekade]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Oh my YES,

One day, I hope and pray, I will get a “bikini line” that was not completely MANGLED from years of “waxing, ingrowns, bumps, hyperpigmentation, scars and infections.” Frankly, whenever I start such cases, I’m sometimes nauseated because of the mess I have to clean up.

My preference of working on men is only because very few of them have been “messing” with their hairs. I have a couple new big cases and it’s beautiful and great to do, and totally predictable. Nice, clean, never shaved or waxed and all the hairs are there … thanks dudes.

(Sadly, with today’s products and advertising, more and more men are screwing things up before they eventually go to electrolysis. Damned “Metros” he he he)

#101648 - 10/10/12 07:29 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Michael Bono]
Mantaray Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Trust me Mike,

I'm on my abdomen right now with electrolysis. The work is going good, but what I'm working with is a mess. Years of rotary epilators, laser, and plucking and waxing have left it a battlefield. I simply can't believe all the ingrowns and distorted follicles. I just told myself, forget the ingrowns, go back and get them later. I have like an ingrown day, where I just sit there with a lancet and pop everything out. Most are in telogen anyway. Hitting's lke a 5% chance of actually killing it. Takes a while longer to do the inserts because each insertion isn't so predictable. I was hoping to use auto-insert, but can't. Too much pulling back and trying again.

What would make the first time easier? How about not using one at all? That would make the first time for electrolysis easier.

Anybody who doubts me, click 'Mantaray' > Show posts > rotary epilators. Go to this post seven years ago, 2005, about page 57 of my posts:

#22766 - 04/23/05 05:43 PM Re: very fasts regrowth, even after years of epilating

The things I know now that I didn't know then. I still got my epilators. Two Braun Silk-epils and another brand, the one that makes the Optima. I keep them just to remind myself that we all drink the Kool-Aid once in a while.

It's amazing, I must have rotary epilated my abdomen/chest at least fifty or seventy times at least. But, with a few focused days of electrolysis, I'm clearing it for good. It's just amazing the time wasted.

Mantaray

Electrolysis, since 1875

#101649 - 10/10/12 11:57 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Mantaray]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
This link will help them find that post faster:
http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/22766

#101650 - 10/10/12 12:10 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: James W. Walker VII]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By: Mantaray

And, 3) Matted hair effect. I noticed that, prior to epilating, my leg hair had more curl and wave to it that made it look a lot more aesthetic (I'm a guy I should add) and normal. After the epilating, I noticed very different regrowth. The hair was more straighter and matted. Like a saskwatch or wookie. Then I really was thinking, even if I wanted to grow hair back, it would look alot worse than before. These are just things that happened to me. I'm sure there are people out there that swear by epilators, but with me, it was great for a year or so, then ingrowns got more prevelant and my plucking obsession kicked in as I would spend way too much time a day after sessions looking for missed hairs to pluck.

Oh yes.

I have often tried to explain this effect which happened on my arms. When I was 26 I started Laser on my arms and had 5 sessions. The results were actually pretty good and the most of the hair left was fine. I would have been okay with what was left and not having to remove it but the years of epilator abuse meant that the hairs just stuck straight out. They just would not lie against the skin like they originally did. So, I had to trim and shave until the chance for electrolysis.

#101660 - 10/10/12 08:31 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Mantaray Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hey party people,

Yeah, I want to copyright the term "Sasquatch Hair". It goes along with my "Cottage Cheese Skin" term I made up regarding the lumpiness of the skin left after rotary epilating. You see smile , I'm a real hair removal pioneer, I invent words!

Seriously, yeah, the way the hairs grow out looks like when they try to make those dolls with life-like hair, it just never looks convincing. haha. My posts on rotary epilators get a lot more strongly worded than that one, but that's what i found quickly. I know the epilator users, which are seemingly, mostly men (?) kind of don't want to see this, but i really did pay my bills with those. I can talk because I went through it. I know the damage. I know electrolysis is not that big of step to take just to get rid of the hair instead of endless motorized "power plucking".

As for all you who do this and tan, either in beds or out in the sun, look out, hyperpigmentation can happen. It gives you little tiny leopard spots after a while, and they can take years to go away. I know this because I had them.

You know what's the saddest part of that post you linked to James? Is that I was looking forward to laser with this naive grin and a handful of cash... It's just so *ugh* reading those archived posts sometimes.

Good thing though, by reading that post, I know it wasn't the laser that gave me the triplet and doublet hairs on my abdomen. I'm glad i posted that. Its a good reference for me.

Mantaray

Edited by Mantaray (10/10/12 08:34 PM)

Electrolysis, since 1875

#111807 - 01/16/14 04:56 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Mantaray]
epilatorgirl Offline
Contributor

I still love epilators. I have a few ingrown hairs but nothing that exfoliation cannot handle. other than that I haven't had any problems. my hairs become less and less as years pass so I will stick to using an epilator since electrolysis is way out of my budget

#118068 - 05/03/15 12:50 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: epilatorgirl]
MariaP Offline
Contributor

I think properly preparing the skin makes epilation easier the first time. The least painful way to epilate is to wax or sugar the area first and then use an epilator for maintenance. When I first epilated my underarms, it drew blood. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

A lot of the newer epilators can be used under water. While it doesn't work as good as dry epilation, it is a lot more bearable. I find using it with a high quality shaving cream and a lather makes the first time easier.

#118074 - 05/03/15 09:21 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: MariaP]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yeah, we had a robbery a few days ago at the local "7-11" store.

The robber held up the store with his weapon of choice ... an old "EpiLady!" Nicely he was apprehended and charged with carrying an unauthorized torture device.

#120695 - 01/25/16 04:32 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
Epilator Offline

I will help you find the BEST EPILATOR ? Don't believe me? Buyer's guide and big discount of 2016. Click here and I will prove it to you! I'm waiting http://www.epilatorjudge.com/best-epilator/

#120696 - 01/25/16 09:06 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
People "advertise" their wares on Hairtell all the time.

Epilators offer temporary hair removal. The sensation factor is annoying, like many forms of hair removal.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#120699 - 01/25/16 09:43 AM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Hi Dee Dee ... (missed you),

Oh MY ... we had a bank robbery in Santa Barbara a few days ago and the guy's WEAPON was one of these "hair-pulling" devices.

SO, I guess these units have more than one use?

#120700 - 01/25/16 12:12 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Smooches to you, Michael.

What a creative bank robber. He was probably a hairy guy with a lot of testosterone?

I used an epilator before, a long time ago. It was the most irritating device ever and it was temporary! I'm sure it works fine for some.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#120701 - 01/25/16 01:16 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Oh yeah!

I think I know where they got the idea for these little menaces too. It’s called a “chest pull.”

See there are this spring devices that we used to use to get bigger chest muscles … you pulled the springs out. But sometimes, the thing would take a snatch at your chest hairs and … WOW!!!

Nicely they didn’t have these things for your “patutty” or it would have been curtains!

#120703 - 01/25/16 07:48 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Well it does seem there is a rash of these " epilator robberys" in Santa Barbara what with the seven eleven and a bank hit in less than a year! Are the local police considering this a "Spree"? Are the manufacturers ofepilady and slly hansen up on criminal conspiracy charges yet?

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#120704 - 01/25/16 08:18 PM Re: Making the first time easier [Re: Andrea]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

YES! Last year it was 7 - 11 and now the banks. Nobody's safe any more ...

Then again, it's not "Epiladys" that "rob banks," it's people that do!

So, there it is ...

You have to wonder: Muslim women in the store buying an epilady ... is it HAIR ... or is it ... ? What's next, the "No-No robberies?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Over the counter numbing cream
by yb
Today at 02:39 AM
How to find an electrologist in your area
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
How to Target leftover hair- can I draw on myself?
by joben
07/19/17 08:50 PM
Great Elec. in Florida
by astro
07/19/17 01:27 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
07/19/17 12:12 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9520
James W. Walker VII 8028
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
2 registered (Kim Rimmer, 1 invisible), 108 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod