Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#44969 - 08/16/07 11:30 PM Re: vaniqa and chin/ throat area success [Re: LAgirl]
ILoveVaniqa Offline
Contributor

why is lagirl posting the same message over and over and over again?

jeez

Sponsored Links
#44970 - 08/16/07 11:36 PM electrolysis vs vaniqa
ILoveVaniqa Offline
Contributor

ok so is there some form of fear that vaniqa will actually stop people spending their money on things like electrolysis? why are so many readily quashing any vaniqa comments with: "vaniqa is too expensive, do electrolysis, its less expensive and permanent. dont spend so much on vaniqa as it only slows down hair growth blah blah blah"

is this a support forum or what?

many of us here are really affected by excess facial hair. VANIQA WORKS FOR ME. It may not work for you but that does not mean it is a BAD thing.

i have had many many years of depression bcz of my excess hair problem. i found something that works for me. at the moment i am waiting for vaniqa to be available again here and in the meantime i am again going through a bad time.

i think this forum is one to promote electrolysis as everything else is received by complete negativity.

this forum sux

#44971 - 08/16/07 11:55 PM Re: electrolysis vs vaniqa [Re: ILoveVaniqa]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Why are you, a first day poster posting the same message over and over and over? Most first time posters can barely manage a question, much less a crusade for a drug.

There is no fear at all that the drug you are plugging will replace anything tried and true. There has been enough time to see what Vaniqua has to offer, and it is not a threat to any electrolysis practice unless you count the time and money people spend trying Vaniqua and therefore lose both when they could have gotten rid of the problem by using a proven technology.

No one told you to stop taking the drug of your choice, and no one even tried to state the possible side effects of that drug. We have just stated the fact that Vaniqua is NOT equivalent to Electrolysis. If that offends you, I guess I am crossed off the Christmas card list (and Chanukkah Card List Too)

If Vaniqua actually worked, you would not need more of it, because your problem would be over, but instead, you are a slave to the drug, as it must be taken FOR LIFE, or you lose what ever result it gave you. When one is done with electrolysis, one is done.

#44973 - 08/17/07 12:22 AM Re: electrolysis vs vaniqa [Re: James W. Walker VII]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Let me try to explain why I posted this.

I understand that you have found something that works for you, which is great. The reason I interjected was to shed some light on something that is even BETTER than what you are currently using and which you do not seem to be aware of. Vaniqa is great as a temporary measure, compared to all the other temporary products on the market. However, there is a solution to your problem that is PERMANENT, which is not something that can even be compared to a temporary method which as James pointed out makes you a slave to this expensive product for life.

Let me ask you this. What if you were told that there is a something you can do instead of Vaniqa, which would kill your hair forever within a year (not just mask it) and would cost the same of your yearly supply of Vaniqa, would you be interested? It just sounds like you do not realize that this option exists. That is why I pointed it out. I think it's important for everyone participating and reading these forums to know that it exists. Once you know what all your options are, you can make a choice of what you prefer for your particular situation.

I don't know anyone who would take shaving and buying $100 tubes of Vaniqa monthly over getting rid of the hair and shadow etc forever, once and for all.

You can read my personal story with electrolysis and laser experiences by the way at the link below. I have first-hand experience with both. It's something you and others currently dependent on Vaniqa may want to look into as well.

If permanent hair removal interests you, you can always read the other sections of this forum (electrolysis & laser) for more information.

p.s. Good electrolysis requires a very skilled electrologist and would never require 7 years of treatment on the same area. There are many helpful professionals on this forum who can recommend you to a good electrologist. What I'm trying to tell you is that electrolysis "didn't work" on your mother due to a bad electrologist, not the hair or skin type. Those have nothing to do with effectiveness of electrolysis treatments. If your hair is not caused by a hormonal imbalance (and you seem to be confident that it is not), then effectiveness only depends on skilled electrologist. If someone doesn't knwo what they're doing, you can be going for 7, 10, 20 years, sure. But if they do and are good at what they do, you will be done within 1 year.

#44979 - 08/17/07 01:20 AM Re: electrolysis vs vaniqa [Re: LAgirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I've learned that patient reasoning can be a fruitless effort sometimes. I would advise you to keep buying the Vaniqa (when it becomes available again) if that makes you happy and I apologize for putting you on the defensive.

Thanks,

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#44980 - 08/17/07 02:52 AM Re: electrolysis vs vaniqa [Re: dfahey]
ILoveVaniqa Offline
Contributor

umm okaayy

#45004 - 08/18/07 05:04 AM Re: Vaniqa Does Work! [Re: ILoveVaniqa]
alli Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Willoughby, OH
ILoveVaniqa: I want to first thank you for sharing your experience with Vaniqa and second tell you that I know how you feel as, I'm sure, do many others on this forum. I am actually seeking therapy for the phsycological effects of my facial hair growth and it can control my life and thoughts but I am working on not letting it! I find the ppl on this forum to be very helpful and I do notice that electrolysis is mentioned a lot as well but I think they are genuinely here to help us and spend a lot of time resonding to questions. As you said, what works for one person may not work for another.
I think ppl are just speaking from the experiences that worked that they have witnessed. I hope one day to get electrolysis but the time and money is a factor and I am hoping for some quicker success, at least for peace of mind and to give me hope for the future, and that is what I hope to see in Vaniqa. Later when I decide to get electrolysis, I will hopefully, be in a better state of mind with the help of vaniqa. Bad practitioners do scare me, though. I did it in the past and had scarring...I didn't keep it up long enough to see success.

Oh...also(in reply to an earlier post)- I didn't notice much help with my chin hair the last time I used Vaniqa but I did on the upper lip. I now have more hair on my chin (and didn't have much neck hair the last time)so I am hoping this time the chin and neck will show results!

Alli

Edited by alli (08/18/07 05:05 AM)

#45033 - 08/18/07 10:23 PM Re: Vaniqa Does Work! [Re: alli]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
alli, the whole point of my post was that if time and money are a big factor, Vaniqa is just as or more expensive than electrolysis, BUT it only slows down the rate at which the hair grows, and requires constant application. Electrolysis costs the same for removing the hair altogether, permanently. This is a big difference. In my opinion, temporary and permanent methods are in completely different leagues. If you're spending time and money on something that will get rid of your problem FOREVER within a year, that's a big difference from spending the same amount of time and money on something daily for the rest of your life, while still having to shave and having a shadow etc.

#45216 - 08/26/07 05:48 PM Re: Vaniqa Does Work! [Re: LAgirl]
M_D Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Lagirl, James, etc all have a very good point.

1) You can continue buying Vaniqa at ~$100 a tube for the rest of your life to have temporary results.

OR

2) You can spend a fraction as much (granted you will be paying more up front, but over the long haul it would be cheaper) for electrolysis and be done with your problem FOREVER. Considering the fact that you want such a small area to be treated it wouldn't even take that long. Achieving first clearance would be easy enough and then it would just be a matter of getting the new stuff as it came in.

#94763 - 12/28/11 05:16 AM Re: Vaniqa Does Work! [Re: M_D]
Emma3232 Offline

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Vaniqa) - pharm4all.com Good price and quality.

Edited by Emma3232 (12/28/11 05:17 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
07:26 AM
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by Iluv2zap
06:24 PM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Lasting results
by Stephgold
11/15/17 02:31 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8046
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
1 registered (Georgina1234), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod