Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#44912 - 08/15/07 07:18 PM Re: Laser or Electrolysis?(contains images) 56k no no [Re: Morrissey]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
http://www.crosstechplc.co.uk (found the link on a cached page. sorry, it was on another forum that's down right now; i forgot to update on this one.)

If it were me (and it's not), I would do the area you highlighted (except for the very middle with fine hairs) and the parts to the right with coarse hairs too with laser. It's up to you if you want to do a 3-5 hour electrolysis treatment there instead. Having had electrolysis with 4 various electrologists, I'm not positive that it would only take 3 hours with an average electrologist for your first clearance of that entire area, but 5-6 hours is probably right on average with thermolysis. Dee is fast I'm positive, but it would depend on who you can find in your area.

You would also need to factor in going in every couple of weeks after that for another hour or two to zap the new hairs. It's a commitment with either method. With electrolysis you do need to go more often. I can only tell you what I would personally do as others are sharing with you too. In the end, it's up to you what risks are worth it and how much time you are willing to dedicate to this.

you may also want to contact TomGraham, a longtime poster here who was getting electrolysis for 2 years on his back and decided to try laser because it was taking a long time. he had one treatment with good results so far. You may want to contact him for an update as he last updated us in May:

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/42345/page/0/fpart/3

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
#45217 - 08/26/07 09:59 PM Re: Laser or Electrolysis?(contains images) 56k no no [Re: Morrissey]
Brilala Offline

Estrogen therapy and anti-androgen therapy from an endocrinologist would also work to reduce that hair - it has the detraction of making you sterile and impotent, though. ;\) I'm pretty sure guys aren't fans of that.

Brilala

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis on female back
by Deedra
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
LHR for Blond, Red, Grey & White hair, any success
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 10:36 AM
Pro-Tec Probes Recommendations for Apilus
by Iluv2zap
10/20/18 08:30 PM
Unwanted hair - help/advice!
by EUGuy
10/20/18 04:27 PM
PCOS over-diagnosed
by Michael Bono
10/20/18 04:19 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9726
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3516
Who's Online
0 registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod