Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#46192 - 10/02/07 09:19 PM always breaking out !!!
kristinaaaaaa Offline

Loc: canada
i tried waxing a couple times (my face was clean) and i ALWAYS break outt the days after and its so horrible that i swear to god i will nevr do it again. I treid threading once (but my face wasnt that clean) adn the same thing happened....WHAT DO I DO...i used hair remove for a while but i hate the results...i REALLY want to thread my face because everyone notices the number of hairs on my face/sideburns/chin...but im scared of breaking out!!! i wax my eyebrows and upper lip all the time??? WHATS WRONG WIT ME?

Sponsored Links
#46195 - 10/02/07 10:08 PM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: kristinaaaaaa]
jes Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Montana
Plucking, threading, waxing, etc are not recommended hair removal methods for any area of the face except eyebrows, it is possible to make the hair problem worse. Have you thought of a more permanent type of removal?

As far as breaking out goes... Besides just cleaning the area beforehand, keep it clean for 2 days after. Keep your hands off the area. Make sure your pillow cases are clean too. Swimming, sun exposure, and sweating excessively are all no-nos.

Are they zits or ingrown hairs?

#46196 - 10/02/07 10:29 PM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: jes]
kristinaaaaaa Offline

Loc: canada
i dont knoww they are lil red bumps ALL over... i belive some of them are ingrown...the hair definatly got thicker and i have no money for a laser treatment...what should i do? will i still break out if i keep trying

#46232 - 10/04/07 02:05 AM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: kristinaaaaaa]
Lucie Desrochers, CPE Offline

Contributor

Loc: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
My dear friend:

my recommendations would be to stop waxing, tweezing or plucking, this unfortunately makes matter worse on your face.

From my experience, shaving and clipping have been on my list to reduce bumps, and redness. Unfortunately ingrowns are treated with either electrolysis and/or laser. With some patience, and good cleanser, like Spectro Gel or Cetaphil (gentle/sensitive face) this will help. If this persists, persue professional help.
819-923-7009 www.transelectrolysis.com

#46242 - 10/04/07 12:47 PM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: ]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Hi Kris,

You ask us, "What's wrong with me?"
If you want to know what's, "wrong" with you, visit an endocrinologist physician to assess if there is a metabolic disorder as the growth could be a symptom.

Then, you can address the unwanted hair.
Since you noted that you can't afford laser, I suggest electrolysis. I have witnessed laser induced hair growth and would not recommend it to remove facial hair so in your situation, I think electrolysis is your best option.

If you can manage a 15 minute appointment every week or every other week, your electrologist can begin to clear an area. Ideally, clearing your entire face with each treatment will provide you with complete and permanent hair removal faster but for most, it is not affordable. In your situation, some consistant electrolysis is better than the waxing. If you are willing to shave the areas that would temporarily not receive electrolysis treatment, you might be able to get through this difficult time.

I have nothing against waxing, laser, other methods of hair removal and have administered them all.

Many clients want to wax. As long as they are informed about possible tissue reaction, as long as they are informed that waxing is not going to put an end to all of the facial hair growth, then you can make your choices based on being an informed consumer.

Many clients want to thread. As long as they are informed that the threading is also removing the ultra thin hairs that are often best left alone, then you can make your choices based on being informed. Just note that the stimulation caused by waxing and threading might cause those fine hairs to transition from vellus to terminal for some people (transitions from fine to coarse hair).

Many clients want to have laser or IPL. As long as they are informed about the limitations of each type of light based hair removal, that is fine too.

That is most important, that each consumer be honestly informed about the advantages and the drawbacks of every type of hair removal... and HONEST answers are highly personalized as hair removal choice and hair removal success is contingent on client skin type, hair characteristics, budget and health.

Unwanted facial hair is a big burden. I hope you find a compassionate electrologist who understands your limited budget and go from there. Let us know what region of Canada you're in. Maybe new member, LucieD can offer some personal assistance or referrals.

Gotta work!
All the best.

#50824 - 04/09/08 07:45 PM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
Greetings Offline
Major Contributor

I believe you are experiencing folliculitis, infection of follicles.

Which has happened to me every time I waxed or thread, that's why I stopped and did laser. However, I do not recommend laser because it was counteractive. Electrolysis is better since electrolysis kills the follicles.

Anyway, I still have scarring from folliculitis from 2 years ago. frown

#50826 - 04/09/08 07:51 PM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: Greetings]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Laser kills the follicles with heat, just like electrolysis. It just has to be only done on certain type of hair and at certain settings to be effective.

I've asked you before to post your laser story so we can figure out what went wrong. Can you please do that?

#50827 - 04/09/08 07:56 PM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: LAgirl]
Greetings Offline
Major Contributor

I already have posted my experience only a month ago, and you have replied to my post. And we also have corresponded in other threads.http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/50152/Abnormal_hair_growth_on_neck.html

#50839 - 04/10/08 05:16 AM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: Greetings]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Thanks for the link. I respond to many posts on the laser forum, so I can't keep track of everyone's names and stories as much as I'd like to.

As we've discussed, you were treated with laser on the type of hair that should NOT have been treated with laser (fine or vellus facial hair). This doesn't mean laser is not effective. It means that you received services by someone who cared more about your money than your results, or was clueless about how laser works.

I hope you understand this because in all your posts on the electrolysis forum, you suggest to the posters that laser doesn't work at all, which is not true. It doesn't claim to work on all hair types. If you go to an electrologist who doesn't know what they're doing, electrolysis won't produce results for you either. Please keep this in perspective.

Btw, I've had both laser and electrolysis done on many areas, both successfully. I'm speaking in part from personal experience.

#50840 - 04/10/08 05:38 AM Re: always breaking out !!! [Re: LAgirl]
Greetings Offline
Major Contributor

Again, my upper lip hair, my side burns, and the laser-induced hair growth on my neck are not fine vellus hair. I will settle with the fact that both laser centers do not know how to operate laser effectively, which absolutely sucks because then I have no luck with finding a good one or simply a good laser technician is rare.

All my posts are not about laser. In the ones that are about laser, I do NOT suggest that laser does not work for everyone. I just warn against laser in situations that I think need warning. Or I just make note that I can not recommend laser because of the reverse reaction that I received from it.

I am glad that you had good results with laser, you can go ahead and tell people about your good results and I will tell people about my bad results. They can take all the information and make a decision. It is not my responsibility to post neutral and balanced posts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
OPMI on Ebay
by GiGi Solutions
38 minutes 51 seconds ago
After first clearance?
by dfahey
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Electrolysis machine advice please!
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:55 AM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 09:36 AM
Laser Haur Removal -Lower Legs
by Summercrush
Yesterday at 06:36 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8047
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3168
Who's Online
1 registered (GiGi Solutions), 99 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod