Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#69120 - 01/22/10 02:33 PM Re: no electrolysis FAQ thread? [Re: hairmair]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Of the 3 machines, the sx500 is the best as it will enable the practitioner to use higher settings at faster speeds along with having the ability to release energy at varied pulses.

The biggest and most important variable here is the skill of the tech. You might get a sense of their proficiency level at a consultation and 15 minute treatment.

Personally, I always buy the highest end equipment and that is part of my personal commitment to ending the distress that comes from unwanted hair. Higher end tools enable us to minimize discomfort and have other advantages.

I always wonder about those in business who don't mind taking your money but do mind spending it.

Thread Sponsors
#69135 - 01/23/10 02:29 AM Re: no electrolysis FAQ thread? [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Speaking of the SX-500, a colleague of mine has an SX-500 for sale. For anyone interested, I can give you her contact information.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#69256 - 01/26/10 03:21 PM Re: no electrolysis FAQ thread? [Re: dfahey]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I would add that I would do sample treatments with all 3 of these electrologists since all 3 machines are good. Skill will matter, so pick based on that. If all else is equal, then go with SX-500.

#69358 - 01/29/10 10:45 AM Re: no electrolysis FAQ thread? [Re: LAgirl]
hairmair Offline
Contributor

thank you for your help again. do you roughly know what settings should be used? i heard people saying some do it at very low settings to make people believe that they are gentle that their electrolysis doesnt hurt..

#69363 - 01/29/10 03:40 PM Re: no electrolysis FAQ thread? [Re: hairmair]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
As long as the hair comes out without resistance after being zapped, you're good.

#69509 - 02/02/10 06:11 PM Re: no electrolysis FAQ thread? [Re: LAgirl]
galvaniczap Offline
Contributor

There is WAY too much reliance on machine type when choosing an electrologist. What matters is that the hair is permanently removed with as little pain and skin damage as possible in the least amount of time. Manufacturer's hype and the subsequent placebo effect of an electrologist's praise about their expensive purchase go a long way to convince the patron that they need to have a treatment from a $5000 machine or none at all. Skill is what this is all about, not the computerized epilator.

#69511 - 02/02/10 07:17 PM Re: no electrolysis FAQ thread? [Re: galvaniczap]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Ya, think?? We always talk about skill being #1, but very close to that skill factor is epilator choice and modality used.

I'm going to ask you two questions and I'm going to think real positive that you will not ignore my questions. I'd be glad to have a polite exchange with you about your comments, galvanic, but it would be helpful to know more about what you are doing. I assume you are an electrologist? I'm sure the hairtell readers would like to learn more about this subject.

What epilator do you choose to use?

What modality do you use?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by ingeileen1991
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
11:36 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3181
Who's Online
2 registered (WeRNotAfraid, WaitingforSpring), 94 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod