Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#46723 - 10/24/07 05:10 AM Re: YAZ birth control pill [Re: LAgirl]
alli Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Willoughby, OH
I have used Yaz for a month now and have not noticed anything yet as far as less hair growth ( I'm also on my second month of Spiro so I hope at least the spiro kicks in soon to help). I'm sure it is too soon, Though. I don't believe there is any difference between YAZ and Yasmin other than the fact that YAZ is giving you more hormones cuz it is a 24 day active pill vs. the standard 21 day pill that Yasmin is. Your period may just be a bit shorter. The progestin used in both is a new one called drospirenone. Interestingly, both Yasmin and YAZ say on their websites that they are the ONLY pill that offers this drospirenone , which has very low androgenic properties, but maybe thats cuz they came out simultaneously or something and didn't know about the other..just seems odd and unlikely.

I have been breaking out really badly all over my face and on my back and it won't go away. It did start a month before I started the pill and a week after starting to apply Vaniqa. The confusing thing is that I stopped the vaniqa 3 weeks ago and the acne has not gone away.Either the Vaniqa takes a very long time to get out of your system or the YAZ has contributed.

Sponsored Links
#53537 - 07/02/08 06:58 PM Re: YAZ birth control pill [Re: alli]
web_diva Offline

Treatments that are KNOWN to work for women with hormonally induced hair loss include:

Spironolactone 200mg (minimum dosage to stop shedding and possible regrowth, out of the system w/in 2 mos if you want to get preggers) (saw palmetto seems to be similar but not quite as good)
low androgen bcp (Mircette, Yaz, Yasmin)(aids regrowth)
Revivogen DHT removing shampoo
Nisim shampoo and serum (regrowth aid)
Copper peptide (increases hair counts) conditioner
Iron (if ferritin is below 70)
Exercise (helped me reduce shed from 50/day to 15/day!)

I am doing all these to combat sudden hair loss at age 31. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Today at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod