consumer hair removal forum
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#53767 - 07/10/08 10:41 PM Re: Vector unit [Re: LAgirl]
Ruby23 Offline

Originally Posted By: lagirl

I'm not sure how much you can afford, but all those gimmicks are pretty expensive. Electrolysis is not that expensive for this little (relatively) hair. It's around $60 per hour and removes on average 5-6 hairs per minute.

What type of laser did you use? Is the hair coarse? If it's not, it's not surprising that it didn't work.

You also mention in your previous post about women in your family having hair issues as well. You may want to see an endocrinologist to test for hormonal conditions.

Sorry, forgot to address some of your questions. Unfortunately, right now I don't have any budget for additional services, which is why I'm bothering to do this experiment. My original thinking when purchasing the devices was that I could use them on other parts of my body that are annoying but not bothersome enought to invest in permanent removal.

The laser was several years ago, sorry I don't remember what type. It was done by a phD who was recommended by a friend. I saw a good reduction for about six months, then it either all grew back or I sprouted new hairs within a year, possibly the latter since I was in my late twenties and experiencing many other aging changes. I am an ideal candidate - pale skin, dark hair, (mostly medium-coarse) but I have read that only about 60% receive a 30-40% reduction after a year. I probably won't try laser again.

As I mentioned, I did get my hormones tested. I had a long conversation with my OB/GYN about it and she put me through an extensive battery of tests. No imbalances, so likely this is just a case of "The Curse of the Italian Grandma", much like my wide hips and frizzy hair.

Sponsored Links
#53868 - 07/15/08 07:48 AM Re: Vector unit [Re: Ruby23]
handlemeister Offline

Loc: temple city ca.
I have a vector unit i purchased on ebay at a big discount new
and non funtiioning .I got it to work voltmeter readings show to
24.1 to 24.8 volts for all setings this seems way too high
for needle conversion I think that would hurt. I am confused
I want to convert to needle but do not want to make any shocking discoveries. I saw another website that indicated puting inresistance
This website am seeing just get a professional
needle. I am wondering if the ground wire was on a small patch of dry skin. What if I start to sweat or put salt on a wet sponge like i saw for a home made unit.
Ican feel the curent on my skin at all the setings with a good ground. What i have
seen home galvanic runing 7 to 9 volts . Logic tells me
that i need more resistance to get down to that range of voltage.
has any body got sugestions??

#53869 - 07/15/08 10:44 AM Re: Vector unit [Re: handlemeister]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
you could PM hairtell user "NoHair", as he did lots of work on this type of thing.

A sponge dampened with salty water is always a good thing for your ground contact.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Gregory System International electrolysis clinics
by Andrea
0 seconds ago
"Notorious" clients?
by Andrea
3 minutes 45 seconds ago
Hair Route Mag
by Andrea
Yesterday at 04:37 PM
Do Depilatory creams make hair growth worse?
by Andrea
05/24/18 05:39 PM
What is better?? 10ms or 3ms and why??
by Roselake21
05/24/18 09:44 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9669
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4154
Michael Bono 3360
Who's Online
1 registered (Andrea), 88 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod