Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#55138 - 08/19/08 09:19 PM Cheekbone hair removal??
Dave777 Offline
Contributor

Hi I am thinking of having the hair from the cheekbones removed, I am getting sick of plucking it takes so long. I was just wondering, if I was to get this done, would it leave any marks on the skin, i really don't want people knowing that I have been in for laser treatment? My other question is would I have to stop the plucking prior to the treatment, and if after the treatment, the hair grows back, would I be able to pluck this away??? Thanks,

Sponsored Links
#55140 - 08/19/08 09:22 PM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: Dave777]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I'm assuming you're male based on your name. How old are you? How many hairs do you have to remove? Are you talking about the hair that's in the area below the eyes, above your beard line? If so, the best way to treat this would be with electrolysis, not laser as precision is needed and there usually isn't a lot of dense hair. Laser is an overkill for this part.

#55180 - 08/20/08 10:38 PM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: Dave777]
Dave777 Offline
Contributor

Hi Yes I am male based, and i am talking bout hair below the eyes and also above the beard line, basically all the are up to the eye. The hairs do grow back rapidy, i.e after a couple of days, and that i was i am always continuosly plucking, would this not be suitable for laser then?

#55181 - 08/20/08 11:15 PM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: Dave777]
pdeco1 Offline
Major Contributor

If the hairs are thick enough, laser may be an option. Electrolysis would be safer. Any treatments near the eyes need to be handled very carefully.

#55189 - 08/21/08 12:11 AM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: pdeco1]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Laser won't be able to provide precision and make the line look natural. Plus, it's an overkill for that little hair.

Electrolysis is a much better way to go for this situation. The electrologist will be able to pick and choose the hairs and create a natural look.

#55220 - 08/21/08 03:10 PM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: LAgirl]
pdeco1 Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: lagirl
Laser won't be able to provide precision and make the line look natural. Plus, it's an overkill for that little hair.

Electrolysis is a much better way to go for this situation. The electrologist will be able to pick and choose the hairs and create a natural look.

Dave, LAgirl is very helpful on this forum but is not a practitioner. You should schedule a consultation with an electrologist and/or laser center to get an idea of what would best suit your needs as there is no "one method fits all" fix. Consultations are free and last about 30 min. In some states electrologists perform both laser and electrolysis. Both modalities will be uncomfortable on the face. Whichever you choose make sure the practitioner is experienced.

#55221 - 08/21/08 03:23 PM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: Dave777]
vklepil Offline
Major Contributor

Can you post a clear photo of the area, so we can better comment on? I did LHR on my cheekbones and I more or less know what to expect.

#55225 - 08/21/08 05:54 PM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: vklepil]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

The problem with many consultations (if you don't do research ahead of time) is that people are running a business. And unfortunately, many recommend things based on how much money they can get out of you and not necessarily what's in your best interests. Stay away from places that give you a sales pitch instead of unbiased information (which usually includes some negatives).

#56646 - 10/12/08 10:39 AM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: LAgirl]
eurodude Offline
Contributor

Hi Dave,

have you decided to have laser or sth. else done in the mean time ? If yes, I'd be interested to learn how it went.

I also have hair growing above the cheek bone...I'm male, 28yrs, and these hairs have started to grow maybe half a year ago, to my surprise. My beard line keeps moving up to the cheek bone as well, and I'm not too happy about it.

#56647 - 10/12/08 11:48 AM Re: Cheekbone hair removal?? [Re: eurodude]
vklepil Offline
Major Contributor

I am 28 y/old male too. I've tried laser on my cheek bones 3 times in the past. I've got satisfying results; laser helped reducing density of area. However I've had a downside in the mean time. I've had a sharp contrast between the cheek area and the side of the face below the nose bottom level. I've went ahead like this for about a year; in this period it looked like I plucked all the hairs on my cheek bones constantly. The thing is density transition of hair was bizarre. So I got tired of this and started laser treatments on the rest of face to achieve a natural look.

My case is just an example what you may have to face if you go with hair removal. Just a caution, so may take precautions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Today at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod