Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#57636 - 11/16/08 08:24 PM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: caligirl]
AMH Offline
Major Contributor

Woohoo! Glad to hear that you are seeing good results...I started electrolysis for facial hair this summer, too. I can see results but you do have to wait for it!

Thread Sponsors
#58041 - 12/04/08 06:10 PM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: AMH]
caligirl Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I have now been sticking with electrolysis for four months. I can absolutely see results. My lip hairs are sparse enough and fine enough that even when I have hair on my upper lip, it really isn't very noticable. I can go for a week between treatments easily without having to shave, clip hairs or hide my face in scarves (I'm sure my co workers thought I was crazy when I was doing that in the summer). I don't have any more of the really thick, coarse, black hairs. My chin and under the chin is looking great. All the hairs are much smaller and finer. I couldn't be happier!!
I still go once a week. Sometimes I go for an hour and sometimes for two hours. We are moving on to the sides of my face a little bit. There is still a lot of work left on my chin and lip but I can see great progress.

#58042 - 12/04/08 07:12 PM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: caligirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
This is how it works for those who educate themselves and have patience for about a 9-18 months.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#69285 - 01/27/10 07:34 AM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: dfahey]
caligirl Offline
Major Contributor

I haven't posted in ages but I thought I should since I hit the 18 month mark. I have been working on my upper and lower lip and chin for more than 18 months now. It has taken many more hours than I expected and sometimes I wonder if there isn't a better electrologist out there that could have done the job in less time. HOWEVER, I really don't care that much. Know why? Because I am SO HAPPY with my results.

I sometimes forget how much my life has changed since I began. After electrolysis I am no longer afraid of spontaneous sleepovers, no longer afraid of people looking too closely at my face especially in the evening, no longer afraid of my face being touched, I no longer have to wake up early to pluck my chin and lip for an hour to an hour and a half each morning, I don't have to worry about waking up early and sneaking away to pluck my face when I take trips. I have regained control and I am less self conscious than I was a year and a half ago. I try not to think about the money because whatever I spent, it was worth it!!! I am still not done but now it's just stray hairs here and there. I can deal with that. smile

#69291 - 01/27/10 11:39 AM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: caligirl]
Aliciadarling Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Canada
Hi Caligirl:

Congratulations! I can share in your enthusiasm having felt the same thing with my results.

You are absolutely right about it being worth it and how patience and perseverence really paid off.

I'm sure it must feel wonderful.

Alicia

#69303 - 01/27/10 04:02 PM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: caligirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

One question. Did electrolysis leave you with scars? Everybody is afraid of scarring. How does your skin look after the past 18 months or so, minus the hair?

Congratulations on being reborn. Client outcomes, with reactions such as yours, are the reason most electrologists love their job.

What modality was used? Blend? Thermolysis? Combination of both?

Good job LISA STEPHENS, CPE !! Haven't corresponded with you for awhile! We need to have our Suze Orman conversations again.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#69313 - 01/27/10 05:24 PM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: dfahey]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Lisa Stephens, CPE?
Ah, I love it when my little appleseeds make good and give such outstanding fruit of their labors and educations.

Maybe I made the world a better place while I was here.

#69325 - 01/28/10 02:32 AM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: dfahey]
caligirl Offline
Major Contributor

No scars. I learned that electrolysis should not scar. It can however cause pigmentation if your skin is prone to it. I have olive skin that it VERY prone to pigmentation from even the slightest trauma.
To be honest I did get some pigmentation from a bad electrologist, NOT Lisa, that scabbed my mouth really badly. I posted about that experience. It is very faded now but still fading. I will start triluma now that I'm pretty much done with my lip to zap the leftover pigment. Other than that any pigmentation that I did get (mostly on the sides of my face) is gone. I did try electro on my back with an Apilus Sr. II and it caused quite a bit of pigmentation so I am not going to finish that area.

Electrolysis will NOT scar you if it is done properly. Even if you have a bad experience (like I did along the way) you may come away with some pigmentation that will fade with time. The results are well worth it. And one thing I learned is TRUST your body. Electrolysis does hurt but your body will tell you if the pain is different and if it hurts in a way that it shouldn't. One last thing in case I have scared anyone. My skin was horribly pigmented from the trauma to my skin from tweezing and digging hairs out with my tweezers. Even with the slight pigmentation I got from electro (which is almost completely faded now) my skin is a thousand times less pigmented than before. I have received so many compliments on my skin and I know it looks SO MUCH BETTER now.

Edited by caligirl (01/28/10 02:39 AM)

#69326 - 01/28/10 02:37 AM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: caligirl]
caligirl Offline
Major Contributor

Oh, and Dee to answer your question she used blend 99% of the time with her Clareblend Ultrablend. Occasionally we used flash with her Apilus Sr. II but I think she was better on me using her old Clareblend. Whatever she's comfortable with is what I'm comfortable with. It is really true that it just matters how proficient the electrologist is with the machine they have. It was the Apilus that pigmented my low back in a quite normal setting!

#69328 - 01/28/10 04:38 AM Re: Yay! I can finally see electrolysis is working [Re: caligirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks so much for your posts, caligirl. I must say that having used the Apilus Platinum heavily, as defined as doing an average of 15,000 insertions per week for almost 2 years now on every area you can imagine, not once has anyone complained about hyperpigmentation. It is interesting to hear that an Apilus Senior would be any different so as to cause hyperpigmentation.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Hairtell restructuration needed
by dimi
23 minutes 11 seconds ago
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Iluv2zap
Today at 12:27 PM
men shaving legs??
by tyndn
Today at 08:56 AM
Current Laser/IPL Models
by tyndn
Today at 08:50 AM
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
Today at 02:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3184
Who's Online
0 registered (), 74 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod