Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#56856 - 10/20/08 08:43 PM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: AssaraGenCounsel]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
If you have any issues with Chris's clinic, you need to contact him directly. These warnings are fluff and are not legal action (which I'm assuming is non-existent because the allegations are so baseless).

Chris, it looks like it's time to get a lawyer and start the process.

Sponsored Links
#56865 - 10/20/08 11:05 PM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: LAgirl]
Romeo Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, USA
Mr. Shuman:

Reference is made to your posting of today.

I am advised that you misstate the law of defamation. Since you are an attorney I am dismayed by your statements.

Nothing was stated about the character of the individual in question. Moreover, her employment with Assara Laser is believed to be factual. Does assara laser deny her employment??

I have said nothing about the quality of services rendered by Assara Laser.

Your reference my initiating vexatious and meritless litigation against my competitors. The only litigation I have initiated is against your firm for unfair competition. We will hopefully have the decision of the Court shortly.

I am advised that there is nothing illegal or unethical about my course of action as I trust you are well aware, as you are an attorney.
212-750-2000

#56876 - 10/21/08 05:05 AM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: Romeo]
jennyG403 Offline

Romeo is right. Either praise romeo or kindly get off this site please. There are other boards around town. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.

#56901 - 10/22/08 02:04 AM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: jennyG403]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Hmmm, legal councel spending time reading and posting on internet forums... I guess I would spend a day and maybe all night doing that too if I were able to charge $300 per hour for doing so.

I would give up electrolysis and maybe even sleep for a week or so, in the beginning. wink

#56902 - 10/22/08 02:54 AM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Choice Offline
Top 10 Contributor

IF that was really Will Shuman posting, according to a Google search, he is the founder and CEO of Assara. Maybe he gives himself a discount on legal fees?

I find it hard to believe that an owner would condone and defend this type of behavior by an employee. The more they (whoever THEY truly are) post, the better R & J (and Chris) look.

#56915 - 10/22/08 11:31 AM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: Choice]

Top 10 Contributor

A funny thought occured to me, looking at that "legal councel" post. The subject is LASER hair removal clinics in New York State, and the "legal councel" talked about someone's "licensed profession". Since when does New York State (or any state for that matter) have a LASER Licensing Program?

There are states that have Electrolysis Licensing Programs (New York is NOT one of them) and there are states that allow MD's to have LASER operations inside their offices, and there are states that allow Licensed Electrologists to also perform LASER without being in a doctor's office, there is no LASER License Program.

New York *DOES* have a Cosmetology License Program, so I guess we should all be cautioned against impuning her color rinse skills, and make-up skills.

#56917 - 10/22/08 12:11 PM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
jennyG403 Offline

As general counsel I would think that defending the company is at the heart of the general counsel's job no? But I agree with the posts above that a general counsel should probably not waste his time and money on frivolous claims by Romeo.

#56918 - 10/22/08 12:34 PM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: jennyG403]

Top 10 Contributor

Let me put it to you this way. My attorney is very familiar with the volumes of slanderous materials excreated by a certain person in Arizona, but my attorney is not commenting on that person's actions here, nor on that person's php, nor any other web forum. Any contact between the Arizona Lunatic (copywrite and registered wink ) and my legal councel takes place via registered and certified mail, or in person in a court of law.

#56926 - 10/22/08 02:13 PM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Romeo Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, USA
James, we are working on a Laser Hair Removal Licensing Program through the New York State Dept of Higher Education. We have had meetings this past session with the various Bill Sponsors. We are hoping to have a good outcome.
212-750-2000

#56930 - 10/22/08 04:20 PM Re: Anyone reccommend a Manhattan Laser Center? [Re: Romeo]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Are we up to 4 new screennames by them now this week?

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Yesterday at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
09/19/18 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
09/19/18 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
09/19/18 06:08 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod