Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#5776 - 08/30/02 05:14 PM vector hair removal system
maria Offline

I just registered and I am hoping to get answers to the Vector hair removal system.
I happen to be looking for a safe and not too costly system, but this one is very expensive so does it work?

Sponsored Links
#5777 - 09/03/02 11:09 AM Re: vector hair removal system
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
Welcome, Maria!

Unfortunately, Vector is a scam:

Hairfacts: Vector by Divine Skin Solutions (WARNING!)

[ September 03, 2002, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

#5778 - 09/05/02 03:13 AM Re: vector hair removal system
sophocha Offline

Hi,

I was going to buy it before I bumped into this page!Your page is amazing.
Are you basing your conclusions to the fact that there is no proof that galvanic tweezing is working?Has anybody tried the product and see if it`s working?It "looks" prety sophisticated to me,and the fact that produces 10w of power is giving it a lead from the other battery-opperated products.
What`s your thoughts about this.

#5779 - 09/05/02 05:05 AM Re: vector hair removal system
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Sophocla, devices like this have been available in the US since the 1980's without any verifiable consumers who have achieved permanent hair removal.

In 1998, the US Food and Drug Administration announced that there is no statistically significant data indicating the devices can achieve permanent hair removal.

#5780 - 09/15/02 07:53 AM Re: vector hair removal system
sophocha Offline

Ok.I`ve asked a guy that was using a Vector machine.His reply was that the machine was really hard to use,somewhat painful BUT the results where PERMANENT!He used it at the back of his neck with great results.

How about that.
Now I`m really tempted to buy one myself.

#5781 - 09/15/02 10:33 AM Re: vector hair removal system
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Hair removal is a very difficult thing to judge, especially based on short term results. Ask the guy if it's been one year since his final treatment. Also, be aware that folks online making claims of permanence may be Vector salespeople. If you haven't met someone in person who is done and happy, I'd be pretty skeptical of their claims.

I still urge consumers to avoid products like Vector until they have proof to back up their claims. Folica recently dropped Vector from their catalog because of consumer dissatisfaction. If you decide to buy one, keep us posted, but it's my opinion that you'll probably be throwing away $200 and a lot of time.

#5782 - 09/15/02 08:34 PM Re: vector hair removal system
sophocha Offline

"The machine works fine. I used it on my neck. It is difficult to use and to grasp the hairs properly, but they do not grow back. Also, the treatment is very painful. It took me about 3 months to remove all the hair on my neck and it is not growing back. Basically, I am not thrilled with this product, its a pain in the *** to use, but it does do what it claims. Its probably worth the money considering that I get to use for ever and every hair that it removes is permanently removed.

Hope this helps"

He doesn`t seem to be a salesperson!"Not thrilled about the product" and "pain in the ***" comment are not from a person that tries to promote a product.But,as he is saying the hair are not growing back (i`m kind of skeptical about this since it was only three months since his first treatment).I`ll investigate more and keep you updated about this....

Thanks.

#5783 - 09/16/02 03:04 AM Re: vector hair removal system
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Yes, his reports of permanence are premature. Waxing lasts that long for some people. The real test is how long he can go after his final treatment.

#5784 - 11/18/02 02:00 AM Re: vector hair removal system
someguy1234 Offline

this is an old thread but that email that someone "sent" you was found on the consumerbeware website (i know this cause i just read it there) that andrea claims to be a total scam in itself.

personally i wish i knew if that site is a scam. its basicly a newsboard much like this one but appearntly is run but a scam artist? i dunno.. maybe. my whole scoop on it is that there used to be this woman named Judith Stephens that used to rip people off (including me) of thousands of dollars buy supplying a product MUCH like the vector.

kitty who was the webmaster of judiths site helped me get my money back so i dunno if shes all bad or not. ive seen a lot of things being said online and the rumors go on and on. its hard to trust anyone.

Andrea i wanted to ask you, i am thinking about going to a laser clinic but they advertise the consumerbeware website on their site. should i be cautious?

ps. the vector doesnt work. i used a very similar product that even had the same tweezers and it didnt work.

#5785 - 11/18/02 05:17 AM Re: vector hair removal system
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Testimonials are powerful persuaders, especially if they make it sound less than perfect. The problem is finding the source to verify such claims is usually impossible. At least other methods have real people who have had real results.

Vector was and is a scam to avoid.

As far as the "Kitty" site, my problems are this:

1. "Kitty" did not get money back for everyone who she ripped off by promoting GHR.

2. "Kitty" still doesn't get it, promoting another quack product (Kalo) under the guise of a test with no scientific merit. She did the same "consumer tests" with the GHR device she used to rip people off with.

3. "Kitty" acts like her site is a consumer site, but it started as a sales platform for Judith Stephens and remains one for the handful of hair removal people who have aligned themselves with Judith/"Kitty." Most so-called moderators are actually clients.

4. People don't like to be lied to or have their comments censored. "Kitty" has chosen to mislead people, right down to her fake name, and she censors facts and websites that don't match her version of the truth.

5. Some of the laser and electrology people who support the "Kitty"/GHR project are actually experienced and good choices in their areas, but I would suggest not supporting anyone who thinks it's OK to stand by in silence while a fellow board member and "Kitty" client rips off consumers. One of them even offered to double a quack's reward put forth for my personal information (hi Shelby!), which goes to show what unethical people they really are.

So, just because someone participates over there doesn't mean they are good or bad at their job, it just calls into question whether or not they put consumers ahead of their own petty motivations. Anyone with ethics distances themselves from their association with "Kitty"/Judith in time. People like her are bad news, especially for consumers.

[ November 17, 2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
USA Electrolysis Schools
by dfahey
Today at 10:20 AM
Best option for facial hair?
by stoppit&tidyup
Today at 10:11 AM
FOR SALE
by Iluv2zap
Today at 08:51 AM
Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin
by PalePinkSkinDark
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Painful Pustules After Treatment
by Soft Touch
Yesterday at 03:25 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9504
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod