Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#58459 - 12/19/08 08:44 PM epilator not working!! embarassing facial hair!!
jumpingcrocodile Offline

Hello everyone! smile I'm new to this site and I'm really glad I found it. I'm an 18 year old female and I started using facial hair removal creams when I was 15 and, of course, had to continue using them. I started to get coarse, short facial hairs which I never got rid of. I got Vaniqua about a year ago and it worked really good. But unfortunatley, it's $80 for a little 30 gram tube of it. So after I ran out of that and quit using it for awhile, I started getting lots of facial hair and it makes me really self concious. eek I can't afford to keep getting the Vaniqua so I decided to buy an epilator. I bought an Emjoi Tweeze from WalMart. It hurts pretty bad and it doesn't seem to get any hair. It does a little bit, but even after I use it for 20 minutes, I still have lots of hair on my face. And I used it yesterday for the 2nd time and now I have these red bumps all over my cheeks and I look like I have pimples all over my face. frown

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me? Have they heard of any creams like Vaniqua that aren't quite so pricey? And is there a certain way you're supposed to use the epilator to make it most effective? Cause I'm not gonnna lie the directions didn't help me too much... And is the epilator I bought alright? I can't really afford to buy another one... Has anyone tried the Lighting Touch from WalMart? I think it's called that. I'd really appreciate some advice from someone who has a little more experience in the whole facial hair removing. Thank you. smile[font:Arial]
[/font]

Sponsored Links
#58460 - 12/19/08 09:03 PM Re: epilator not working!! embarassing facial hair!! [Re: jumpingcrocodile]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Do you mean the "One Touch"? It is a home electrolysis device (that can work in theory but is cheaply made and not an ideal electrolysis device in general), as opposed to a rotary/mechanical epilator that tears the hair out.

The best thing to do is to see a professional electrologist and get a consultation. You might be surprised how affordable it is, compared to the cost of Vaniqua and (if done by a skilled electrologist) is permanent. And it can't be nearly as painful as using a rotary epilator on your face smirk

If you can post a pic of your unwanted hair, the pros here might be able to give you a general idea of how long it might take.

#58461 - 12/19/08 09:12 PM Re: epilator not working!! embarassing facial hair!! [Re: VickieCNY]
jumpingcrocodile Offline

Okay... thank you. smile

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Need how-to on Clean&Easy/OneTouch Foot-switch mod
by CoarseBrows
1 minute 56 seconds ago
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by AlineBetancourt
Yesterday at 06:00 PM
In need of some feedback
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:29 PM
Laser Hair Removal on Happy Trail
by ozzy
Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Ripped Off?
by Iluv2zap
06/26/17 12:22 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
1 registered (CoarseBrows), 113 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod