Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#58459 - 12/19/08 08:44 PM epilator not working!! embarassing facial hair!!
jumpingcrocodile Offline

Hello everyone! smile I'm new to this site and I'm really glad I found it. I'm an 18 year old female and I started using facial hair removal creams when I was 15 and, of course, had to continue using them. I started to get coarse, short facial hairs which I never got rid of. I got Vaniqua about a year ago and it worked really good. But unfortunatley, it's $80 for a little 30 gram tube of it. So after I ran out of that and quit using it for awhile, I started getting lots of facial hair and it makes me really self concious. eek I can't afford to keep getting the Vaniqua so I decided to buy an epilator. I bought an Emjoi Tweeze from WalMart. It hurts pretty bad and it doesn't seem to get any hair. It does a little bit, but even after I use it for 20 minutes, I still have lots of hair on my face. And I used it yesterday for the 2nd time and now I have these red bumps all over my cheeks and I look like I have pimples all over my face. frown

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me? Have they heard of any creams like Vaniqua that aren't quite so pricey? And is there a certain way you're supposed to use the epilator to make it most effective? Cause I'm not gonnna lie the directions didn't help me too much... And is the epilator I bought alright? I can't really afford to buy another one... Has anyone tried the Lighting Touch from WalMart? I think it's called that. I'd really appreciate some advice from someone who has a little more experience in the whole facial hair removing. Thank you. smile[font:Arial]
[/font]

Sponsored Links
#58460 - 12/19/08 09:03 PM Re: epilator not working!! embarassing facial hair!! [Re: jumpingcrocodile]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Do you mean the "One Touch"? It is a home electrolysis device (that can work in theory but is cheaply made and not an ideal electrolysis device in general), as opposed to a rotary/mechanical epilator that tears the hair out.

The best thing to do is to see a professional electrologist and get a consultation. You might be surprised how affordable it is, compared to the cost of Vaniqua and (if done by a skilled electrologist) is permanent. And it can't be nearly as painful as using a rotary epilator on your face smirk

If you can post a pic of your unwanted hair, the pros here might be able to give you a general idea of how long it might take.

#58461 - 12/19/08 09:12 PM Re: epilator not working!! embarassing facial hair!! [Re: VickieCNY]
jumpingcrocodile Offline

Okay... thank you. smile

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Laser hair removal on upper back and shoulders
by Suruchi Puri
0 seconds ago
Laser on Face: Seeking Input from Hairtell experts
by Suruchi Puri
7 minutes 30 seconds ago
Facial hair reduction for men
by Suruchi Puri
10 minutes 55 seconds ago
Laser Haur Removal -Lower Legs
by Suruchi Puri
13 minutes 28 seconds ago
laser hair removal in Estonia
by Suruchi Puri
17 minutes 52 seconds ago
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3452
Who's Online
1 registered (Suruchi Puri), 137 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod