Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#57679 - 11/18/08 07:57 PM Re: 1st waxing, horrible break out...advice anyone? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
shyguy23 Offline

Loc: Seattle
Question...

I was thinking now that all the whiteheads are practically gone, is now when I want to start exfoliating?

I was thinking of going to buy a loufa especially for my back and start scrubbing...is this a good idea?

And if so what is a good exfoliating soap?

Sponsored Links
#57681 - 11/18/08 09:02 PM Re: 1st waxing, horrible break out...advice anyone? [Re: shyguy23]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
If you are healed, you can proceed with exfoliating. I use an Aveeno product for daily use on my face, but it is very mild and may not work well for the body. Other's are welcome to recommend what they use with satisfaction and results.

Dee

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#57683 - 11/18/08 10:43 PM Re: 1st waxing, horrible break out...advice anyone? [Re: ]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Don't use a loofa, they harbor harmful bacteria. Give your skin at least a week after waxing, before you exfoliate.

Get yourself a synthetic scrub brush with a long handle or if you can find these long synthetic towel srubbies that have handles on both sides, they are especially nice. The tea tree is great, add a little to a liquid body soap, mild soap is actually a good idea as long as you add in the tea tree oil.

Hyperpigmention, the dark spots, will fade with time. The younger you are, the faster they fade.

#58809 - 01/05/09 01:43 AM Re: 1st waxing, horrible break out...advice anyone? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
4567890 Offline
Contributor

Hi, I have a few questions:

1)So is it correct that we shouldn't apply lotion to try to sooth the skin after waxing or any epilation?

2)Also, right after the waxing job is done, we should apply either pure aloe vera, witch hazel, or tea tree oil? Or is it aloe vera or witch hazel right after the waxing and tea tree oil if you see dark spots?

3)Is it recommended that we shower right after to keep skin clean?

4)Should we not exfoliate the skin with a bath sponge or loofah afterwards to remove pepper spots and inhibit ingrown hair?

Thanks so much everyone!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
1 registered (MDC2018), 137 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod