Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#6013 - 09/15/02 11:36 PM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
quaterman Offline

Contributor

Loc: israel
Miri seindberg has stopped responding to emails, i wonder if anything has went wrong.
It's really annoying keep waiting for some prodcut to be available without even knowing how exactly it should be used.

Sponsored Links
#6014 - 09/16/02 01:19 AM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
quaterman, there scomes a point where a researcher has nothing more to add, or they've been pestered too much by people who got wind of their research that they can't get anything done.

That's why I urge moderation when bothering these researchers. The big researchers like laser guru Rox Anderson at MGH get to a point they won't even speak with reporters becuase the constant questions become such a huge distraction.

So to those of you writing to researchers, keep your letter very specific and don't write to a researcher more than twice a year. They may write you off as a kook or something, and you may prompt them to stop interacting with the public if you inundate them with mail.

#6015 - 09/20/02 06:15 PM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
neil Offline

Loc: san diego
that info about the soy is intriguing, but how long was it applied and for how long a period? can you buy fresh/raw soymilk at the store? anyway, great site, it has been very helpful

#6016 - 09/27/02 06:20 AM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
blackcat Offline

I would like to echo Neil's questions about soy Milk. How long should the milk be applied for? What if any are the advantages to a normal depilatory substance? Does drinking soy milk have any effect at all? Just curious about this subject. Thanks.

#6017 - 09/27/02 07:51 AM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
DKgirl Offline

Loc: Denmark
Try doing a search for "soy" - or start by looking at this thread:

http://www.hairtell.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000024

I cant imagine drinking it has any effect. The fact that Andrea drinks gallons of soy milk and still has an interest in HR, seems to indicate it doesn't have an impressive effect when taken orally [Big Grin]

[ September 27, 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: DKgirl ]

#6018 - 10/01/02 01:59 AM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

neil and blackcat, the studies were performed on mice, so there has nbeen no treatment parameter set up for people. It has never been tested on people and is considered experimental.

In the study, it was applied topically, rubbed into the skin. Your guess is as good as mine as far as how much or how long.

Drinking it will not have an effect, although over the course of a lifetime, it appears that soy may have some mild antiandrogenic effects.

So, if you want to try it, I'd probably rub it on my arm for starters, to see if it's sticky or stinky. If it seems OK, I'd try putting it on after a shower and leaving it. If that's not an option, maybe you can put it on in the evening and rinse it off before you go to bed.

Again, it might be as effective as water, but it has shown significant change in hair size and color in mice, which is often a good indication of what might happen in humans.

#6019 - 10/04/02 04:23 AM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
tess Offline

Some un-scientific info on soymilk can be found in the section "non-perscription topical applications" a few of us have been trying it...

#6020 - 10/14/02 03:20 PM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
quaterman Offline

Contributor

Andrea, i know you are not the address, but do you think when it is applied on the skin does it reach the root without the hair removal ( i mean the future product) and therefor keep the hair reduced in hair and color?

#6021 - 10/16/02 04:57 AM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

The mice in the study were not epilated.

The notion that epilation is required is a ruse put forward by the herbalists who make topical "hair inhibitors." There is no evidence that the product is more effective when used on epilated skin. If I were skeptical, I'd say that the results some consumers claim to see are simply caused by the epilation and not whatever lotion they were sold.

Oh, wait, I am skeptical! [Wink]

#6022 - 10/17/02 01:00 PM Re: Soy Milk reduces hair growth and hair follicle
quaterman Offline

Contributor

Andrea you are right. I asked a dermatologist and he said that in most cases a massage can do the job without any hair removal. So i guess that that claims of Nissim that the hair follicles are open for 48 hours after the epilation are not baised at all.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Skin Type
by Iluv2zap
08/17/17 10:51 AM
Gentlemax Pro Settings Advice
by Toronto4305
08/17/17 12:28 AM
DECTRO TREATMENT TABLE/ BED, APILUS XCELL MACHINE
by surprise
08/16/17 04:23 PM
Am I scarred?
by dfahey
08/15/17 04:37 PM
Another French Medical Plucker
by James W. Walker VII
08/15/17 08:59 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9542
James W. Walker VII 8036
Andrea 4147
Michael Bono 3100
Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod