consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#65408 - 08/29/09 07:37 AM Re: Ingrown Hairs Have Ruined My Skin [Re: Sista]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

If the hair is not dark and course, laser is not a viable option and electrolysis is your only permanent option. Although there might be a fair amount of hair it is still worth having a consultation with an electrologist. You might be surprised how quickly a pro using a good machine and surgical magnification can clear away that back hair.

Sponsored Links
#65414 - 08/29/09 04:47 PM Re: Ingrown Hairs Have Ruined My Skin [Re: VickieCNY]
canuck105 Offline

My story is the same as many others in this thread --- I waxed my legs/bikini for half my life and was left with dreaded ingrowns and scarring. There is something "addictive" about searching your legs for ingrowns that you can squeeze out... but very detrimental to the skin. For years I was ashamed to wear shorts in the summer, unless I had a good tan going, because it helped to hide some of the scarring.

I started laser hair removal in May this year and the results have been phenomenal, especially with healing the scars and reducing the ingrowns. I still get the odd ingrown, but it's nothing like it was before. I still have a ways to go in my laser journey, but after several treatments I already see light at the end of the tunnel. There is hope -- you can change the appearance of your skin and reduce leg hair and minimize the ingrowns... it really does work. I wished I had started laser when I was in my 20s.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Wanting to train as an electrologist in NZ
by Fairygirl
Ingrown Extraction!
by AlineBetancourt
04:55 PM
Good Electrologyst But Talks Too Much
by dfahey
04/26/17 09:46 PM
Is this leg hair a good option for laser?
by Brenton
04/26/17 12:30 AM
Desperate for advice
by Iluv2zap
04/25/17 08:09 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9452
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3063
Who's Online
1 registered (Greek), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod