Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#60490 - 03/11/09 01:41 PM Addiction to tweezing my chin hair.
shannon82 Offline

OMG, this is literally the first time i have even googled this problem that i have. I thought i was the only one with this strange addiction which is weird. I'm very happy that i am not. I have been tweezing my chin hair for some years now i am 27 years old and i have to pluck my chin until every hair is gone. The other morning i sat up until 6am trying to get this little hair that wouldnt give. I sat for like two hours trying to get this one hair ok maybe it was longer. I was getting so upset and just started going crazy at the area and i now have a nasty scare in the spot. I would have had it alot sooner had my husband not hide my good ones. I have marks all under my chin and i can get a little embrassed at times when i look in the mirror and see the damaged that i caused to myself i always feel bad after doing it and i really want to stop but i can't. My mom suggests to me all the time to use hair removal items but it's not the same as actually plucking i think i like the challenge in trying to get these little hair its fun or just habit. I do suffer from some sort of OCD i have to clean up all the time even when there's nothing to clean i always find something to do. I never saw it being a coralation between my tweezing and having OCD. It makes me feel a lot better to know that i am not the only one like i thought with this strange problem. If there is any scar cream i can use please let me know when i get the cream i think i can stop because i hate these ugly scars it makes me upset but i do it myself. frown

Edited by shannon82 (03/11/09 01:46 PM)

Sponsored Links
#60535 - 03/13/09 03:26 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: shannon82]
cool_guy Offline
Contributor

why don't you try electrolysis (which removes hairs permanently)?
I have hairs on my upper cheeks close to my eyes. Now I know as a guy it isn't as much of a big deal but it still is because I didn't want to have hairs all over my cheeks. I didn't want to shave everywhere so I tweezed the hairs that were close to my eyes for 7 years. I have been going for electrolysis for 2 full months now and you know the hairs are coming back but it's nice to know they will be permanently gone soon.
Go for electrolysis and stop the tweezing. I know tweezing really hurts. I didn't like it one bit and those 7 years were hell for me.

#60536 - 03/13/09 03:39 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: cool_guy]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Just peeking in here........... the hairs are not coming back, rather, new hairs are cycling in, as in hair growth cycles?? ALl normal and expected. Some of the same hairs that are were already treated may reappear several weeks later as softer, finer hairs because they needed to be broken down gradually. All good and fine. Your lady will get them for good when the are in this fragile state.

10/4!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#60539 - 03/13/09 04:19 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: dfahey]
cool_guy Offline
Contributor

Hi Dee, no problem. I don't mind when my mistakes are pointed out. Thanks. smile

#68252 - 12/17/09 03:37 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: shannon82]
mellomom Offline

I think I have the same problem...just not quite as extreme. I have tweezers in my purse, my desk at work, my bedside table and in my car. Anywhere anytime I find a stiff chin hair (I'm always searching one out) I HAVE to stop everything and tweeze it. And pulling it out gives me an actual high! People who say to use electrolosis or creams don't get it...I LOVE the feeling of tweezing out a chin hair! (Eyebrow tweezing doesn't do anything for me...) I read somewhere that plucking chin hairs compulsively is a form of trychotilomania, a serious OCD problem. I also end up with sores and scars from my persistent digging at a short one on my chin. I have gone so far as walking in the dark and cold half a mile to the drugstore to get a new tweezer when I couldn't find mine, and having the thing plucked by the time I was out of the parking lot! ( I also pull out my cuticles with it...I'm a mess!)

#68262 - 12/17/09 02:30 PM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: mellomom]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Yes, it's an OCD. Getting those hairs permanently removed with electrolysis will help. Though, from personal experience, I can say that you may switch to another form of OCD or to another part of your body that still has hair smile

#68596 - 01/04/10 11:01 PM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: shannon82]
MizzBrie Offline

I also tweeze like a maniac with my chin hairs what once was just a quick removal of 1 stray hair has consumed me and made my chin a mess. I will attack a hair until it is ripped out leaving a bloody looking sore. I have taken away all tweezers and now have started to calm this habit. I found a serum from Ole Henriksen called Enlighten me Pigment lightening serum. After the sores healed I was left with discolored blotches. This has been a miracle. 48.00 at Sephora is starting to give me some confidence back. I know it is pricey but Instead of scar creams use this very little at night its packed full of really great organic ingredients and it will help! Good Luck hun! wink

#68601 - 01/05/10 12:16 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: MizzBrie]
MaJolie Offline

OMG! I am in love with this forum! I have the same exact issue. I am constantly worried about my facial hair. I used to carry my tweezer where ever i would go. Is there any alternative than tweezing? I did some google search and found this myepiface product.

Anyone has experience with the epiface product?

#68605 - 01/05/10 04:53 PM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: MaJolie]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Kansas
Perhaps people with this "addiction" would like to join the profession.... We get to remove hair all day long!!!!

#68608 - 01/05/10 06:55 PM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: MaJolie]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Any product that pulls the hair out can only serve to make a problem worse. This product will make a hair problem on the face much worse over time. The only thing permanent is electrolysis and to some extent, percentage-wise, laser hair reduction.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Sidebar Links
Recent Posts
How to be an awesome client
by dfahey
0 seconds ago
Big News
by Michael Bono
Today at 11:01 AM
Another session - getting there!
by Michael Bono
Today at 10:03 AM
Diary of a Scandinavian guy
by boy1989
Yesterday at 07:35 PM
lidocaine injections with electrolysis in the UK?
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 10:29 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 8797
James W. Walker VII 7997
Andrea 4069
depilacionelectr 2677
Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod