Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#61226 - 04/07/09 07:35 PM Do I heat up the whole pot of Sugarwax?
lizzieish Offline

Loc: uk
Hi, I just bought some Bodyshop Sugarwax for my bikini line but I'm a little confused. The tub is 345g but obviously I don't need to use it all. Do I heat up the whole pot of sugarwax or do I take some of it out and heat it up in something else? If I heat the whole pot and don't use it all (which I won't) is the rest of the wax ruined?

Sponsored Links
#61301 - 04/10/09 06:42 AM Re: Do I heat up the whole pot of Sugarwax? [Re: lizzieish]
lefty2g , LE, CPE Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
NEVER use any wax a second time. The temperature you use to heat your wax is not hot enough to kill bacteria. The wax has some skin flakes in it and bacteria LOVE THAT. You are looking for trouble. As there is an increase in urinary tract and vaginal infections in females having Brazilian removal jobs done. The hair DOES have a function and removing it permanently allows more bacteria access to an area that is commonly infected anyway, therefore, DO NOT HAVE IT DONE ON YOURSELF and it would be more ethical to dissuade your clients from doing it too. A surgeon makes money by cutting, however, the best surgeons know when NOT to cut. Maybe we should follow the example of the BEST surgeons.

#61309 - 04/10/09 03:49 PM Re: Do I heat up the whole pot of Sugarwax? [Re: lefty2g , LE, CPE]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
I like your informative post, lefty. Very helpful.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#61312 - 04/10/09 04:02 PM Re: Do I heat up the whole pot of Sugarwax? [Re: ]
Choice Offline
Top 10 Contributor

You could heat it all, but NO DOUBLE DIPPING. Use a clean, new spatula each time. Because of the problems lefty mentioned, some states are now specifically legislating "no double dipping." This should have been common sense to the professionals, but sometimes being lazy overrules.

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
New Hinkel video/tape 5-minutes
by melb_aussie
Today at 11:54 AM
Electrologists in India
by HairByHair
Today at 08:34 AM
Suggestions on my case and DIY info
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:12 PM
Whirlpool Forums immediately delete my posts
by Deedra
08/17/18 11:49 AM
Skin Types
by Iluv2zap
08/16/18 05:10 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9702
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3466
Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod