Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#98816 - 05/23/12 10:59 AM Re: Electrolysis Warning and Recommendation [Re: Hs Asd]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Electrolysis should not cause wrinkles. While there are a few situations where it could, those situations come along with very obvious scarring and/or indentations in the skin.

I would increase your C and Zinc, with increased use of organic fruits and veggies, supplements, or why not do a full on Juicing program to super charge your nutrients, and rebalance the body.

Sponsored Links
#98824 - 05/23/12 06:08 PM Re: [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Hs Asd Offline

Many thanks for your advice

#106422 - 04/29/13 07:28 PM Re: [Re: Hs Asd]
emm Offline

hi there just wondering if ur wrinkles ever went i have had the same problem bad from electrolosis from to many sessions on a high setting and i have light skin so worried hope its not permanent thanks

#108479 - 08/22/13 02:14 AM Re: Electrolysis Warning and Recommendation [Re: Kaybee]
essqme Offline

Any updates from the members who posted here?
I am in the same boat. I started electrolysis in march of this year...around my 5/6 appointment, I started noticing pits around my upper lip area...I was freaking out. I went into this expecting to be hair free, no one told me about wrinkling, heck wrinkling wasn,t even mentioned as a side-effect! I had a talk with my electrologist regarding it, she basically told me it looks more like hyperpigmentation...I really don't know to be honest. I am a little mixed up, I am not even sure if this treatment is working on my hair. Sometimes I feel it is, othertimes I don't think it is working. I have a few coarse hair on my upper lip since I began this treatment in march, and I still have them!! Shouldn't they been gone by now?
I am so confused as to proceed with the treatment or not.
My electrologist is using an apilus pro, blend treatment. The hair comes out fine like butter. After treatment I only experience the regular swollen/red area which I have read about. It usually lasts about an hour or a few hours. The only time I felt the area was not getting any better was after my 5th treatment when the swelling didn't go away until the next day; and this was the same week I noticed the pitting/wrinkles.

How many treatments are recommended for the upper lip? Chin area? When do people start to notice a difference? I would really appreciate some feedback from the members and the experienced electrologists here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Message to depilacionelectr(Jos
efa)

by Michael Bono
10:22 AM
DIY Electrolysis Equipment + Other Questions
by Greek
04/29/17 03:31 PM
Congratulations to Jennifer Lynn
by dfahey
04/29/17 09:36 AM
Wanting to train as an electrologist in NZ
by Iluv2zap
04/29/17 08:16 AM
Ingrown Extraction!
by AlineBetancourt
04/28/17 04:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9453
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3064
Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod