Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#72 - 07/27/02 01:55 PM Re: What's everyone experiences with Electrolysis? Here's mine....
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
Excellent report, Toni!

Here are my own experiences on various parts of the face:

Around the mouth-- these hairs tend to be toughest and hardest to kill, and the skin is the most prone to damage. I have some scarring just below the corners of my mnouth and on my upper lip, probably from treatment at levels that were too high.

Neck and throat are also pretty sensitive, and my hairs grew at all angles there.

The area around my eyebrows can also get damaged easily (I have two chicken pox scars there and none elsewhere). I did not electrolysis on my eyebrows with that practitioner for fear of scarring.

The only places that real hurt for me was very close to the lip line and very close to the nostrils. My eyes get tears in them just thinking about it! EMLA or ELA Max can reall help make this more bearable.

Thread Sponsors
#73 - 07/27/02 02:42 PM Re: What's everyone experiences with Electrolysis? Here's mine....
Toni Offline

Major Contributor

Loc: Farnborough, UK
Thanks Andrea!! \:\) I hope it's useful to someone out there!!

By the way, having read my way through progressively more of this site (and some external ones you suggest), I'm kind of thinking I might now switch to Blend on my more damaged areas (ie. cheeks!)

I was going to try a test patch at my last appointment, but we weren't watching the clock, and we ran out of time... :roll:

Next week starts a week of "electrolysis holiday" (I schedule one in every now and again to recover a bit!) I'll let you know how Blend goes...

Oh, and did you just rate me? Wow, thanks!!

#74 - 07/27/02 03:18 PM Re: What's everyone experiences with Electrolysis? Here's mine....
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
Toni-- anyone who can quote Tennyson AND give great reports gets a 5-star rating in my book! [Big Grin]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Josefa M. Reina
1 second ago
Electrolysis on legs
by Josefa M. Reina
Today at 07:10 AM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:30 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 69 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod