Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#64703 - 08/05/09 10:13 PM hairs from 4 weeks ago?
candela Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I had another appointment today after going almost 2 weeks without and had a lot of hair come in. The electrologist was commenting on it and saying that the hairs were the ones she treated around 4 weeks ago. I know she told me at the beginning that she doesn't kill the hair on the first try but keeps reducing their size over time. But I think my first electrologist, who was slower, DID kill the hairs on the first try or at least turned them blonde. So are these two different approaches, and if so, can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of each method?

On another note, I came in early and she offered me a glass of red wine while I waited smirk I was VERY relaxed and almost went to sleep during the session! (I'm a lightweight who hardly ever drinks).

Thread Sponsors
#64705 - 08/06/09 12:24 AM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: candela]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
As long as she was not playing "Just Dance" by Lady Ga-Ga, I think you will be ok. grin

It is hard for me to know if she is telling an electrolysis fib to keep from explaining what we show people in the growth charts, or if she really is purposefully under-treating the hairs because she believes you can't stand up to the treatment energy needed to knock the hairs out in one zap.

It would be hard to armchair quarterback this one without seeing you. (It might be impossible unless one could actually see her working on you.)

#64707 - 08/06/09 02:04 AM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
vibe1luv~ Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: California
she offered you wine??? Thats silly, i would be maybe a bit concerned with that. But that is me. LOL, and i dont drink but like with anything needle related alcohol thins the blood, tattoo, piercing, any of those things, i am told do not drink prior, and my electro asked if i was a heavy drinker. Not that i bleed from electro but there is that risk with ingrowns, correct.

But on another note, if it were me and my electrologist said she wasnt killing my hairs, to me i would not want to go back! I cannot go two weeks between treatments tho. I have to much hair. And it seems that the area that had the least amount of hair to start with just has random growth now. Not like it was. But i know that the chin treatments seem that hair grows in more, but this was my heaviest growth area. And I think i could perhaps fall asleep if i had a drink and a few sedatives, yet she has told me ppl fall asleep sometimes, or almost drift out.

Just my two cents, if i had a doctor who offered me wine and told me they werent fixing my problem, i would be leary, not that i am confusing my electro with my doc, but she has to do her job. I work with children, and if i dont get them where they need to be the first time, Im fired.

Perhaps it is just a different approach.

Good luck and keep it up and if your not happy move move on to someone you trust! =)

#64720 - 08/06/09 03:35 AM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: vibe1luv~]
candela Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Yeah I don't know what's going on with what she said, but at least my 6 month mark is coming up soon so I'll know how effective treatments have been by the results I see then. I like going to this electrologist because she uses surgical magnification and has good machines.

I did notice a little dried blood up by the side of my eye, but that could be from the tweezers or something. I only had maybe a third of a glass. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm a lightweight.

It could be that she's fibbing as James said, but I think it might be that she does undertreat because she's very cautious about scarring and healing. As long as I get results by the 6 month mark it doesn't really matter.

#64732 - 08/06/09 08:58 AM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: candela]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
What we can say is that you should have already noticed a reduction in the number of hairs and maybe even the thickness of the hairs you now see. (You did take your Before Picture didn't you?)
As you work through the next 3 months, you should get to the point where you are clearing everything every time (provided you have enough treatment time per appointment) and you should start to be able to have more time in between treatments (as long as you don't have something causing steady new follicle recruitment).

As for The Red Red Wine...Ga-Ga (or for us older folks, the musical cue would be Red Red Wine, Make Me Feel So Fine. UB40/Niel Diamond) I know of more than one electrologist who utilizes this type of thing in their office to calm clients. I even met one who had a big production where the elevator opened revealing her suite's greeting room, where as one stepped off the elevator, the beautiful secretary greeted you with your choice of wine, sparkling wine, or whatever one liked, served in a chrystal glass. The thing is, while this may be ok for a short appontment, it would be counter productive for a longer one, as the dehydration and lowered pain tolerance and effect on the blood would start to kick in before the treatment was over. Its a good news, bad news sort of thing.

#64745 - 08/06/09 04:15 PM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
candela Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I think that the hairs have reduced in thickness. I don't have many hairs anymore that are thick and black from the moment they pop out of the skin, although they get stronger in a few weeks. I did tweeze my chin and upper lip for a few years, so that could be slowing things down.

I'll be sooo happy to be able to clear my whole face in 1 hour!

I noticed some areas on my upper lip that are leaking clear fluid or have clear bubbles like a tiny blister. Is this something I should be concerned about? I did put on makeup a few hours after treatment because I wanted to go somewhere, but I put tea tree oil on last night.

#64747 - 08/06/09 05:23 PM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: candela]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Tea tree is good. Tell your elecrologist about this even if she doesn't ask you how you healed. This would clue her in to adjust the intensity and timing or to try a different probe. Any scabbing 48 hours later?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#64770 - 08/07/09 04:11 PM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: dfahey]
candela Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I do have scabbing. Is that a bad sign?

#64774 - 08/07/09 05:54 PM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: candela]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
If they are pinpoint scabs, no... but let her know anyway. If they are big and interconnect, yes. You must let her know that you don't want that to happen again. I am assuming that you avoided excessive sweating, makeup and did proper aftercare for at least three days as well. You will be just fine, but give her feedback so she can make some adjustments so as not to overtreat the hair.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#64777 - 08/07/09 09:14 PM Re: hairs from 4 weeks ago? [Re: dfahey]
candela Offline
Top 20 Contributor

No, I put on makeup a couple of hours after treatment to go out somewhere (won't do that again!). Then I put on makeup as usual yesterday and today. It seems like the area is healing fine, but there are scabs and one is kind of big. Thanks for the advice though. I'm glad it doesn't mean I'm going to scar--it looks awful enough today even with concealer because of the raised scabs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Josefa M. Reina
0 seconds ago
Electrolysis on legs
by Josefa M. Reina
Today at 07:10 AM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:30 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod