Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#65212 - 08/23/09 05:18 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: vibe1luv~]
vibe1luv~ Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: California
I am so stoked, the regrowth on my face and neck is so minimal. And I have healed up so nicley with he aid of the ALOE for consumption! I made a booboo and left the bottle on my vanity all day yesterday...shall i toss it?

by the looks of my new growth I think I should get a clearance in less than an hour tomorrow. This is so unreal! I could have never imagined not having to shave my face! It was so routine and what i had grown use to.

When I first started treatment Sundays were a day I did not leave the house, I was to embarassed of the hair growth, now its not even noticable! I can go out with my hair in a pony and feel like everyone else. I looked in the mirror this morning when i woke up and talk about joy, I cried. I am emotional today this is truely the least hairy day I have had in 15 years! There is no looking back and I just keep thinking of wearing a spighetti tank next summer with my hair pulled up and feeling good about showing off my face and neck!

Good luck to everyone this week with removal and keeping focused!

Thread Sponsors
#65213 - 08/23/09 06:06 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: vibe1luv~]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
If you left it out all day, the strength has reduced, but it should not be spoiled. When it spoils it starts to grow mold.

Stories like yours, where one makes such a positive change in someone's life is what keeps many of us in this business even when the monetary benefits are not enough to keep us in caviar and champagne. grin

#65218 - 08/23/09 09:15 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: vibe1luv~]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Any electrologist reading this would be gently smiling because we observe clients like you everyday. When the end comes, the butterfly emerges and happily flies away. If that isn't real motivation to keep doing the work we do, then I don't know what is! You had a successful outcome and I'm glad you are sharing this with hairtell. People really need to hear about what can be accomplished. Electrolysis does change lives.

Can you do me a favor? Please go to your signature. Please add the information as to when you started electrolysis. If you have an idea of the cost involved, that would be so helpful to those who are afraid to seek electrolysis care because they think it is to expensive (whatever that means?). Cost matters, but many say a couple thousand dollars, give or take, is worth the payback of emotions you are writing about today.

ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#65228 - 08/24/09 01:02 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: dfahey]
vibe1luv~ Offline
Major Contributor

My story may be different then most. Ppl maybe be jealous and think, NOT FAIR! As I have stated befpre my mom has paid the bulk of my electrolysis so far. I have had over fourty hours of work, closer to fifty.

My electrologist is now being patient and waiting for my tax return in February of 2010 to get the rest of her money, minus just 60$ per month that I will pay her as we go along.

I knew that once I started this I would be in it for the long haul, my mom jump started the treatment with paying $1000 dollars for me, and I dug a little into my savings.

My electrologist is a doll, she sits pretty high on a pedestal in my eyes working out a money deal. I even bartered a bit with her and may do so more in the future.

I have much work to do, and have treatment today, BUT the light at the end of the tunnel is shining so BRIGHT =)

#65233 - 08/24/09 04:56 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: vibe1luv~]
stylegal Offline
Contributor

Is electrolysis painful? I've been considering doing it for a while now...but am too chicken!! I'm just that afraid of needles. I've been using Bellabe (which I bought from www.facialhairthreading.com) and it's like a tweezer that removes a small area of hair at a time. I really like it and it keeps my skin soft & smooth for days at a time.

#65237 - 08/24/09 06:14 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: stylegal]
vibe1luv~ Offline
Major Contributor

I wouldnt say it is painful, you can feel it however. Its not unbearable and not much different then tweezing although it takes a lot longer. I have a high pain thresh hold so I am not one to really say, have had four kids, no pain meds, and lots of tattoos and piercings. So its whatever, the RESULT is way better though and in a few years I will not have to worry about all this excess hair! =)

#65238 - 08/24/09 06:24 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: vibe1luv~]
vibe1luv~ Offline
Major Contributor

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww302/betz1974/8-24-09187.jpg

MY NECK!

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww302/betz1974/8-24-09188.jpg

Right side

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww302/betz1974/8-24-09189.jpg

left side....

This is before treatment today, notice the shadown under my skin, is that just mass eruption ready to happen! Could it be permanet damage? My skin is very dry this week. I also have some makeup on in this pic as I am on my lunch break and have a meeting i have to attend after lunch.

I would love some input.
I want to post pics of every day this week, after treatment and before.

=) Thanks

#65240 - 08/24/09 06:45 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: vibe1luv~]
stylegal Offline
Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply. I make my kids go for flu shots, but I won't go for a flu shot myself cos' I'm that afraid of needles. I have to go for a blood draw every year, and the nurses know me by now and will be standing by to catch me in case I collapse. So, I think I will stick to my Bellabe.

#65241 - 08/24/09 06:49 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: stylegal]
vibe1luv~ Offline
Major Contributor

you do whatever makes you comfortable. Over waxing and threading from what i hear damages follicles makes them distorted and makes electro more difficult, that is just what i hear though.

Have a great day!

#65242 - 08/24/09 06:57 PM Re: Feeling some hope! 35 hours into this hair rem [Re: stylegal]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Lovely Vibe1Luv, may I point out that while I have known of MANY electrologists working out a deal like the one you describe, I have NEVER heard of a L.A.S.E.R. place taking anything other than cash, check or charge for the full amount up front, or full amount for work performed on that day, at the conclusion of treatment.

StyleGal, I would be more afraid of the side effects of the vaccines than the needles.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Share feelings here (not questions)
by LisaRay
0 seconds ago
After first clearance?
by James W. Walker VII
35 minutes 50 seconds ago
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 10:48 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3184
Who's Online
1 registered (LisaRay), 105 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod