Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#64294 - 07/20/09 06:22 PM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: r4614]
r4614 Offline

I'm officially itch-free! Not a fun week, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it when those evil little hairs start falling out!

I ended up using cortisone cream and aloe gel a couple of times a day... not sure if that resolved the problem or if it was just the passing of time that made it go away, but, either way, I'm sure glad it's over!

Thanks, all, for reassuring me that it sounded pretty normal and wouldn't go on too long...

Sponsored Links
#64311 - 07/21/09 01:42 PM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: r4614]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
when you have itching post treatment, you can use an Aloe-Cortisone cream to sooth the skin. After LASER treatments, it is not unheard of to need to re-apply Aloe-Cortisone every 5 to 15 minutes for a day or two.

#64312 - 07/21/09 03:33 PM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
r4614 Offline

Oh, that's good to know! I'll try it after my next treatment. This time around, I think I made the mistake of just thinking my itchy skin would go away for the first day or so, so I didn't put ANYTHING on my skin that might have helped it until a couple of days into my itchy nightmare. Bad idea!

Thanks for the tip!

#64313 - 07/21/09 04:33 PM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: r4614]
Choice Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I thought I replied to this a couple days ago? Anyway, I recommended the blue aloe gel that contains lidocaine, or an anti-itch lotion, such as Sarna.

I would never use even an OTC hydrocortisone more than 3-4 times per day for a few days. Cortisone creams used on a regular basis accelerate aging of the skin. Aloe would be fine. Taking an antihistamine before your next treatment may prevent this from happening.

#64322 - 07/22/09 12:26 PM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: Choice]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
I thought that once we say we are doing LASER hair removal, accelerated aging of the skin is already an accepted result. If I remember correctly, Dr. Rox Anderson said it was like getting many sunburns all at once. At any rate, the Aloe-Cortisone is only used when the itching is prevalent. For some, this is only an application and reapplication once to 4 times a day depending on the sensation experienced in the skin.

#64352 - 07/23/09 03:19 AM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
James, that's completely UNTRUE and unsubstantiated. Laser doesn't emit any harmful radiation - so it has no comparison to sunburns in that sense.

#64585 - 07/31/09 04:08 AM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: r4614]
cherrysss Offline

Hey, r4614, can you let me know, when ur ichiness is gone, did the bumps dissappear too? or you still got the bumps. I got almost exactly the same thing as yours, after second treatment, the bumps came, it's been 4 days.

#65111 - 08/20/09 03:19 AM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: cherrysss]
r4614 Offline

Sorry, Cherrysss, just saw your post now! My bumps and itching lasted about a week, then went away and I had great results from my treatment.

I just had another treatment 2 days ago, and this time I took a Benedryl an hour before and put cortisone cream on immediately after. I've been doing a bit of cortisone cream and aloe vera gel a couple of times a day, and though I still have some bumps and itching (especially in the evenings, for some reason), it's not as bad as last time.

#66085 - 09/19/09 09:45 PM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: r4614]
cherrysss Offline

Hey you know wut? My bumps turn out to be hives I believe it's triggered by the laser treatment, it lasted for 2 month. I got another treatment today, the ichiness came back... I'll apply some cortisol too i guess. thx

#66088 - 09/19/09 11:37 PM Re: Man, I'm itchy!! How long will it last? [Re: cherrysss]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Take an anti-histamine before the treamtent and after. It sounds like a histamine reaction which some experience due to allergies.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermocoagulation and Health Canada regulation
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:09 PM
One month on...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Sterilization in Canada
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair.
by Stephgold
01/13/18 11:49 PM
Hello again! Looking for advice and opinions.
by Stephgold
01/13/18 07:10 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9633
James W. Walker VII 8052
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3219
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod