Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#69104 - 01/21/10 03:09 PM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: adieutristesse]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Originally Posted By: adieutristesse
Session # 14: Today ends my 3rd month of electrolysis... and there is still a long way to go.

Long way to go is a relative term. The hardest part is almost behind you. Sessions spread out soon. When regular appointments are maintained over 9-18 months, whether they need to be once a week in the beginning to once every 4-6 weeks in the later months, then a year and a half of electrolysis is not a long time as compared to a lifetime of temporarily removing the hair with razors, tweezers, thread, wax and chemical creams. Oh, a permanent solution gives you some time back because you are not chasing hair everyday.

You are doing this correctly and I feel sure that your electrologist is doing this correctly as well.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

Thread Sponsors
#69334 - 01/28/10 10:43 AM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: dfahey]
adieutristesse Offline
Contributor

Loc: Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
Had session #15 today, she zapped about 50 hairs on my chin, half of which were dark and/or coarse. I spent around 15 minutes on the table. Trying to stay above the waves of hair that are appearing. There plenty of obvious dark coarse ones, but also a field of brown ones that are often hard for her to see. Had a couple of huge and deeply-rooted suckers today that she had to zap twice. Though they slid out with no plucked-feeling, it still felt like she was pulling a massive tree out of the ground. Yuck!

Thanks Dee and James for your encouragement, I really need it. Even though I know my progress is going well and soon there will be light at the end of the tunnel, I still have been feeling down about it all. I just dread waking up two or three days later to a chin full of hair again.
6 hrs so far
blend method on Apilus Senior

#69346 - 01/28/10 08:30 PM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: adieutristesse]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Your long time tweezing obsession makes the beginning months much harder as all the hair comes back in dribs and drabs. Don't ever back off or give up! Stress to all your women friends and women in your family not to TWEEZE the hair on their chinny chin chins. Tweezing creates a terrible mess, but a good electrologist will bring you some well deserved freedom.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#69350 - 01/28/10 10:10 PM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: adieutristesse]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Many times clients who have completed their treatment have told me that they had suffered nightmares. They dreamed that their hair back to torment them. This shows that what we dream never becomes reality because as the slogan says AEA: There are three permanent things, death, taxes and Electrolysis. wink

#69572 - 02/04/10 10:32 AM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: ]
adieutristesse Offline
Contributor

Treatment #16
10 minutes on my chin clearing mostly brown hairs and just a few coarse black ones. Quick and easy, but it's getting harder for her to see them. They are becoming more and more vellus-like, but they are still brown and visible against my light skin tone.
6 hrs so far

#69576 - 02/04/10 02:26 PM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: adieutristesse]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

You are getting closer. It is not uncommon to log about 20-25 visits over a year or so to reach the goal. Vision equipment is very important when all you have left is vellus hairs. Client frustration peaks when the electrologist can't see the hairs that bother the client most.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#69640 - 02/05/10 10:22 PM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: dfahey]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
You will soon reach the six month mark, and this is when all the effort begins to pay off. You are already finding that the majority of your hair is now very fine, and soon there will be fewer and fewer to deal with.

#70096 - 02/18/10 10:22 AM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: C O'Connell]
adieutristesse Offline
Contributor

I had treatment #17 last week & treatment #18 today which completes my 4th month in this venture. Each session was 15 minutes, in which she zapped about 50-60 hairs on my chin.

She commented that while most of the hairs are appearing finer and lighter in color than earlier, hidden underneath the skin are very thick dark roots. I am happy if they are becoming less noticeable in the couple days each week I must go without trimming them down. I have to remind myself that it is good that so many keep popping out, then she has a chance to zap them! But it is so mind-boggling to me just how many darn hairs there are in these two little spots on my chin.
6 hrs so far

#70097 - 02/18/10 10:46 AM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: adieutristesse]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Now you understand what we mean when we say, "If you think you have 3 hairs, you probably have 30."

#70145 - 02/20/10 01:25 PM Re: The hair of my chinny chin chin [Re: James W. Walker VII]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

And it is possible that in future new hairs are developed in the area of your chin. You should not think that in the unlikely event that this happens your electrologist did a bad job or that electrolysis was not successful for you. A powerful hormonal burden accumulated in that area is only responsible.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Soprano Platinum 3 lasers in 1. Is it good?
by Camouflage
Yesterday at 07:20 PM
Electrolysıs Scarring
by dfahey
Yesterday at 01:54 PM
ELECTROLYSIS FOR MEN - LONDON, UK
by EluDream
Yesterday at 09:30 AM
Bad medical advice
by TheFlyingProbe
07/13/18 06:58 PM
men shaving legs??
by Latex
07/11/18 05:21 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3450
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod