Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#66694 - 10/16/09 03:42 AM looking for some before and after photos
venny123 Offline

Hey guys great board going on here!
I was wondering if any men out there have had removal of hair
up the side of the cheek and they have some before and after photos they would be willing to share< that would be great, or if anywomen have had removal on this are also.
thanks v

Thread Sponsors
#66697 - 10/16/09 08:34 AM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: venny123]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Hello Venny:

Welcome aboard. While we do have a few guys who have provided a picture here and there, it is hard to find people who have documented their entire journey on here, as once a person gets the answer to all their questions, they tend to forget about us here. It does take 9 to 24 months on average for most people to complete.

You want pictures? I got pictures of people who cleared way more than the limited area you are seeking to remove.

http://www.executiveclearance.com/beforeandafter.html

#66703 - 10/16/09 02:25 PM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: James W. Walker VII]
mochamasterpiece Offline
Contributor

Loc: New York City Area
James,

What modality do you use for coarse deep hairs of males? Females? If the hairs are more deeply rooted is blend preferred to avoid skin damage (particularly females).

thanks,
Mochamasterpiece

#66704 - 10/16/09 02:28 PM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: mochamasterpiece]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
The overwhelming majority of the work that I do is in PicoFlash, SyncroFlash and MicroFlash Thermolysis. There are situations where the part of the body being worked on, the type of follicle or the preferences of the client dictate that blend be used, but for most hairs I have no trouble getting trouble free hair removal in PicoFlash.

Of course, I am using an Apilus Platinum, with surgical stereo microscope, and have a certain level of skill. I am not saying that you can just throw a dart in a phone book and get the kind of results that I deliver anywhere in the world.

#66707 - 10/16/09 09:23 PM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: James W. Walker VII]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Yes, the skill of the electrologist is the most important factor in getting the best and fastest results, but as you live in NYC, you should have a good choice of both operaters and modalities.

#66715 - 10/17/09 02:43 AM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: C O'Connell]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
PicoFlash would be my choice, but if the electrologist has MicroFlash capabilities, that would be just fine. Probe choice is very important and hopefully, she will choose the biggest diameter probe possible for your work. Blend will work as well, but may be a little slow for the amount of hair you have. It may be too ouchy as well, compared to PicoFlash or MicroFlash thermolysis.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#66730 - 10/17/09 06:56 PM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: ]
mochamasterpiece Offline
Contributor

I am getting blend with insulated needles. No pain at all. I have time and patience. I just don't like to have too much of a noticeable tissue reaction because I have to work as a lecturer every now and then. My skin doesn't seem to like thermolysis in certain areas. It was no problem on sideburn area but for some reason on the jaw it always leaves my follicles swollen past a week's period. I am into my first month almost with already seen improvement ( I know it's too soon to tell but the fact that I am having less than 10 coarse noticeable hairs every week -the rest are finer is good for me). I am planning on sticking to 90 minute weekly appointments for the course of the next 3 months. Thereafter, I will hope appointments can be shorter or spread out more.

#66731 - 10/17/09 10:34 PM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: mochamasterpiece]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
You got it right mocha. Yes, you are early into the process and I think your appointments will spread out for shorter sessions that are further apart as long as you are getting full clearance of all noticeable hairs. Three to four months is about the time we can ease up a little as long as everything is being done correctly.

If you prefer blend over thermolysis that is perfectly fine. I have no way of knowing if thermolysis is being performed correctly, so stick to whatever works with your particular electrologist. She/He has the advantage of seeing you.

Keep adding to your journal.

Dee

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#66815 - 10/21/09 02:30 AM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: ]
mochamasterpiece Offline
Contributor

Had my fourth session today. I think I am giving up with trying anything new with aftercare. After every treatment I get these little white blisters - are they whiteheads? I don't know. But there is something I do know. While I am enjoying being hair-free, I am also becoming overly self-conscious and miserable in the 48 hour-72 hours post treatment. By the time a week goes by there is hardly any evidence of anything being done, except for a few red dots here and there. Is this typical? I cannot let it take the best of me. I find myself looking in the mirror too often and touching my face, and I NEED TO STOP! I wish there was something I could do to speed up healing. Right now I am using just alcohol-free witch hazel several times throughout the day. I am wondering if aloe vera gel, an antibiotic ointment such as erythromycin and/or phenolated calamine might be suitable as well. Could someone shed some light please? This is emotionally draining. One thing is for sure, electrolysis is certainly a character-building experience. I have oily/combination skin type.

#66819 - 10/21/09 10:33 AM Re: looking for some before and after photos [Re: mochamasterpiece]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: UK
Hi there,

I got a similar reaction, don't worry. Yep, they are pustules/whiteheads and will reduce with good aftercare routine. Please don't touch the treated area! Unless washing or applying something; even then try to use cotton ball in the beginning until redness reduces.

James has had great results with Tea Tree Oil, just a dab with a cotton bud on the troublesome areas. I use Witch Doctor witch hazel skin treatment gel and aloe vera (preferably the purest you can get your hands on).

Try to avoid the mirror, it help me a great deal smile

Best wishes!
History: 9 LHR Cynosure Alexandrite sessions = no reduction seen, and new growth in places
Started 0ct/09: 6 sessions, 8hrs 10mins of Thermolysis Electrolysis using Apilus Cleo, size 3 (upper lip) & 4 (side of face) probe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Today at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod