consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#66888 - 10/23/09 01:57 AM Re: Apilus question [Re: James W. Walker VII]
ladybug2009 Offline
Contributor

Thanks for the info James. I think I will ask her a bit more about the machine next time I see her. I tried the Aloe Vera after one of my previous treatments with the lady I was seeing for some time. I washed my face, toned with witch hazel and then dabbed with tea tree oil. Final step, I applied aloe vera on my face (the Lily of the desert one you suggested) and all of a sudden my face reacted angrily. It went beet red and felt very hot. The redness went down after about an hr or so, but I wondered what I had done wrong. Could it be too many products on the face? Possibly the tea tree oil reacting with the aloe vera? I haven't used aloe vera since. Maybe I'll try a test patch with just witch hazel and then applying aloe vera to see the reaction.

Thread Sponsors
#66889 - 10/23/09 02:37 AM Re: Apilus question [Re: ladybug2009]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
What kind of soap did you use?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#66894 - 10/23/09 04:13 AM Re: Apilus question [Re: ladybug2009]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I experience a similar redness and warming sensation after applying the exact same Lily of the Desert supplement aloe vera gel to my face (and chest, but I get no such reaction elsewhere on the body.) My redness and warming only lasts 5-10 minutes though.

I wash, tone with witch hazel and then apply the tea tree oil before bed, and the aloe vera in the morning and once in the early evening; if I don't need the tea tree oil after all signs of treatment are gone, I apply the aloe vera before bed and once in the afternoon.

#66901 - 10/23/09 03:49 PM Re: Apilus question [Re: VickieCNY]
ladybug2009 Offline
Contributor

Dee: I wash with this product http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Expert-Power-Clean-Anti-Dullness/dp/B000NPCR5S.
Could it be the menthol in it that is reacting with the aloe vera? The menthol is not very strong.

Or I use Jason's super c cleanser. It says gentle face wash on the label. But lately I have been using the loreal wash.

Anyway, I had my 15 min treatment on Tuesday with the consult and its day 3, my face is doing ok. Scabbing still visible but I don't mind it. I'll take this over whiteheads any day!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod