Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#66946 - 10/25/09 06:02 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Josepha - you have an Apilus Platinum, no? I am unfamiliar with your technique and I, too, would like to learn more about what you are doing and try it myself.

Thanks.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Thread Sponsors
#66947 - 10/25/09 06:04 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

I know very well the scientific rigor required, Arlene.
I myself have conducted a serious study on the effectiveness of the electrolysis. Unfortunately I had not the help of Dr Schuster, although I was very helpful assistance of Department for microscopy at the University of Malaga (Spain).
In this study the evaluation of results was quite objective, not as they do now with serial photographs, but including the number of hairs on each sweep of the area.
The findings of this study do not support any doubt. One of those conclusions is that there was no difference in the results obtained with different currents or combinations of them.

I will propose you something better than what you suggest about half of the body to work with different currents. I invite you to follow the protocol as I defend and probably obtain the same results at the same time, it's easy to reach the same conclusion.

#66950 - 10/25/09 09:23 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Yes Dee, two years ago I was fortunated to work with a Platinum Apilus.
Before using a device Sorisa firm, which operates at 13.56 MHz.
I understand that the EU prohibits european manufacturers the frequency 27 MHz for cosmetic use machines.

With my old machine Spanish can be programmed less than 4 seconds for parameters of galvanic current time. This allows the two currents can be programmed to begin and end simultaneously in a second.
Which is why we are free to work a blend adapted to our needs, although purists consider this not very orthodox.

#67371 - 11/09/09 05:01 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: ]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Interesting thread,
Originally Posted By: depilacionelectr
...although I was very helpful assistance of Department for microscopy at the University of Malaga (Spain).
In this study the evaluation of results was quite objective, not as they do now with serial photographs, but including the number of hairs on each sweep of the area.
The findings of this study do not support any doubt. One of those conclusions is that there was no difference in the results obtained with different currents or combinations of them.

It would be interesting having access to the study itself to see the details. Otherwise the discussion will stay somewhere in the mist.

BTW, i am currently experimenting in a similar direction - entirely on my own skin (legs), where blend is hurting awfully - and my first impression upon adding some amount of galvanic to flash thermolysis using a sequence of short flashes is indeed reduced scabbing and faster healings, and, of course, the needle remains clean.
Still tentative, slightly longer times (2-3 s, giving the chemical reaction its time) still too early for me to be applicable to customers.
Moreover i would not dare to use this approach with thick hair.

So, IMO it would be interesting seeing an full and systematic evaluation of such an approach - with all the details on parameters.

Beate

Edited by beate_r (11/09/09 05:04 PM)

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#67374 - 11/09/09 09:21 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: beate_r]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Beate_r, that study that we carry out, was destined principally to the consumers. Since the majority of the persons who aspire to the electrolysis, want to know (translated in numbers and percentages) what they are going to obtain in exchange for their time and money.
The principal aim was to demonstrate that following a certain protocol, the clearances in the area were limiting themselves to three.
The reduction of hairs in the treated area for each clearance was approximately 73%.
In order to obtain this high degree of success, the protocol must follow rigorously. It consists of waiting the sufficient time in order to the majority of the hairs have emerged to the surface of the skin. Certainly (for much for that we wait) will never obtain 100 % of them, but we can obtain an approximate enough number.
The interval of time between the following ones two clearances must be proportional to the type of hair that exists in the zone, i.e., 6 or 8 months for thin hair, 4 months for intermediate hair and 3 months for thick hair.

#67443 - 11/12/09 09:19 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Estimated Dee, I have been testing with Blend's different options that our Apilus Platinum offers. Only the Picoblend offers the possibility of working to a second of galvanic. The difference that exists between my Spanish machine and the Apilus, is the intensity of mA.
My old Spanish machine allows to come to 2.0 mA. Apilus only comes to 0.9 mA.
I believe that this it is the reason for which I obtain more production of sodium hydroxide.
When I work with my old machine, the difference is very clear.

#69388 - 01/30/10 01:44 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: ]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

It is truly amazing!! Michael Bono documented in his book an identical case to which I included in my 1996 study. This is an armpit under electrolysis, the protocol used is the same Bono who we use. It's hard to take someone on another continent along the same lines of work.

Hairtell If someone is able to communicate with Mr. Bond, I kindly ask that you convey my sincere congratulations for your book. You may be happy as much as I find a colleague to thousands of miles she has reached the same conclusiones. Here I leave the pages in my study were published.

Note: I am sorry that is written in Spanish, so I have to copy and paste into google translator is ..... what I do and believe me assure you that helps a lot to learn another language.
The link of the page is too long and can not be .sorry!!! cry

http://www.cosmobelleza.com/es/home/informacion/tecnicos/news.76882.cosmox;jsessionid=DA1D775BD24DACADB1AD03B3EB9F4BEB

http://www.cosmobelleza.com/es/home/informacion/tecnicos/news.76884.cosmox;jsessionid=69C2717B97766C4B78B1E671175A13BA

Edited by depilacionelectr (01/30/10 02:19 PM)

#69405 - 01/31/10 02:34 AM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: ]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Mr. Bono is a friend of mine, and you can rest assured, that he is always happy to find that his work has made an impression on others so far away. (even more so if they actually bought a copy of his book, instead of getting a bootleg of his work.

#69415 - 01/31/10 11:38 AM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: James W. Walker VII]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

I agree James. But I think Mr Bono has taken so much trouble to write his book to get rich. Otherwise he would have written about something else more profitable. It is obvious that he would move a great passion for their work. Personally I think his book is the result of many years of work and an unusual generosity towards the work of the electrologist. I can see it reflected in every detail in his book that says, simply because I think, my God! is exactly what happens to me. It took almost 30 years to find a letter that fits my experiences with such precision. Hence I am so excited.

Please James, if you can talk to him thank him for me. Thanks

PD: The conclusions of their work should be published in the COCHRANE LIBRARY

Edited by depilacionelectr (01/31/10 11:41 AM)
Edit Reason: PD

#69435 - 01/31/10 10:18 PM Re: A blend adapted to these times. [Re: ]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Your kind words have been passed along.

As for the book purchase comment, I am just pointing out that many schools (especially in countries outside the US) purchased ONE copy, and sold the students Xerox pages from the book for their tuition money. None of the students ever bought a single book, but read the entire thing from the pages copied by the instructors. That is the sorrow. Mike did invest a lot of work, and let's just say it, a lot of money, and did not get half the credit, nor money he was due. This has lead to the sorry situation of his being forced to choose between letting the book fall out of print, or submit the new edition with a major amount of the original work excised and left on the editing room floor. Now the first editions are gaining value, while the new edition is just as slow selling as the first, if now more slowly selling, as there are fewer electrolysis students today than there were in the days of yesteryear.

Again, Mike thanks you for your kind words.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by ingeileen1991
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
11:36 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3181
Who's Online
2 registered (WeRNotAfraid, WaitingforSpring), 94 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod