Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 7 of 24 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#66821 - 10/21/09 10:41 AM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: James W. Walker VII, CPE
You can get Vitamin C in powdered or crystal form. These are ready to be mixed with any topical for direct to skin application. Milk of Magnesia does have a mild exfoliant property, as one of the so called inactive ingredients is "sodium hyporchlorite", which your mother always refered to as "bleach". It is, however, a small amount, so it is safe to apply to skin, or drink, as that is the use for which the product is designed.

Anyway, the mixture of the two will give you two powerful skin healers (C and Mag) while also protecting the skin overnight, and drawing out any fluids that might be draining from the treatment area.

Great, thank you! I will search for these and certainly try it out. Will let you know how I get on.
History: 9 LHR Cynosure Alexandrite sessions = no reduction seen, and new growth in places
Started 0ct/09: 6 sessions, 8hrs 10mins of Thermolysis Electrolysis using Apilus Cleo, size 3 (upper lip) & 4 (side of face) probe

Thread Sponsors
#66868 - 10/22/09 10:59 AM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: Pokka]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Hi,

Wanted to post how my electrologist feels I am getting on, so others can see. I have sent her the pictures I have posted on this thread and keeping her up-to-date how the treated areas are healing.

1st set of treatment 1 pics sent, following is the electrologist reply:

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know how you have got on following treatment, and you excellent photos. The reaction you are experiencing is not entirely uncommon. Unfortunately you obviously do have sensitive skin, but that is all it really amounts to. The erythema (reddening of the skin) is an entirely common reaction, and can last in some cases in excess of a week, although it does usually go much quicker than that. Unfortunately it is usual to not get the full extent of the reaction during a patch test because it is a rather unrealistic test as only a few hairs are removed, unlike a full treatment session. This is why I always suggest a fortnightly appointment for the second appointment, but stress it should be played a little by ear as we never know exactly how the skin is going react. Two weeks usually covers the recovery for most people, however if more time is needed, then we can always postpone the second treatment. Conversely if the client is confident that everything is all ok, we can schedule more regular appointments if desired. It would definitely be prudent to wait the full two weeks and make an appointment for maybe Monday 2nd November, which is a little longer, and if things havenít settled down by then, although I would expect they will have, then we can always postpone another week. Often what I have found in the past is that clientís skin can get used to the treatment, and the reaction reduces after a few treatments, but of course that isnít always the case. If you like we could try a few hairs using blend and see if the reaction is any better using that method. Normally the sodium hydroxide produced in the skin would be a bit of an irritant, however it is neutralised by the cataphoresis at the end of the treatment, so hopefully this wouldnít be an issue, so it could be worth trying at the start of the next session and see how you react to that. I also think weíll go back to using the gold needles as they are less allergenic than the stainless steel used in insulated needles (like wearing gold earrings instead of stainless steel). Please let me know what you think of what I have said/suggested.

2nd set of treatment 1 pics sent, following is the electrologist reply:

Quote:
The new photos show a huge improvement, pretty much as one would expect, which is good news. As for the soreness, this is also to be expected. Some clients hardly experience any soreness, and others unfortunately do. I myself have had treatments where I have not only experienced soreness, but also where the area has felt bruised for about a week, however it always goes and heals ok, itís just a little unpleasant at the time! Trying blend may well work on you, however we canít be sure how you will react. The sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) could very well be an irritant to you, although as I have said before, it would usually be neutralised by the cataphoresis following treatment, however the irritation already caused during treatment may be sufficient to cause a reaction. It is difficult to know how your skin will react without trying a section first.

I would be happy to make an appointment for you on the Wednesday morning at 11am, or could do the Tuesday at 1pm if you prefer. I think it would be ok for a second treatment then as I think we will be able to avoid the area already treated by treating more the sides of your face, rather than going over the same area we have already treated again. Alternatively we can wait until you return from your trip. Let me know what you would prefer to do.
History: 9 LHR Cynosure Alexandrite sessions = no reduction seen, and new growth in places
Started 0ct/09: 6 sessions, 8hrs 10mins of Thermolysis Electrolysis using Apilus Cleo, size 3 (upper lip) & 4 (side of face) probe

#66998 - 10/27/09 02:38 PM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: Pokka]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Hi,

I have my next treatment tomorrow at 11am. I have been drinking water regularly, and have kept my skin routine really simple and hydrating so that its in the best condition possible. Hopefully the after treatment reaction will be better this time.

James, hi, I haven't been able to get my hands on any vitamin C powder as yet- the stores I have been to don't stock power/crystals so may have to order online. Will have to postpone trying it out until a few days after treatment if I find it in the supermarket later today. Also, to test again, I tried out a little tea tree oil under my chin and, unfortunately, it was red this morning frown

#67001 - 10/27/09 04:17 PM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: Pokka]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Hi Pokka,

You can get it from Holland & Barrat, well, they have it on their website at least.

Holland & Barrat

James - can you let us know if the above is okay or if it's a different type of powered Vit C we are after? Thanks smile
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to Nov 2013, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#67007 - 10/27/09 06:32 PM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: stoppit&tidyup
Hi Pokka,

You can get it from Holland & Barrat, well, they have it on their website at least.

Holland & Barrat

James - can you let us know if the above is okay or if it's a different type of powered Vit C we are after? Thanks smile

Hi Stopit,

Thanks, as always, for your help. I had found that one on the website, but when I went to the local store I found they don't stock it. I may pop in to their big store in Bluewater rather than ordering online... the post is so slow in my area at the moment.

#67048 - 10/28/09 05:05 PM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: Pokka]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

I had my 2nd treatment today. This time 40 minutes treating the sides of my face. The treated area is quite red and bumpy. So far I have used Iced gel packs, thermal water, witch hazel and aloe vera twice. My electrologist thinned the area some more... I am embarrassed to post the pictures as the hair has grown in fully, plus, I can't take a good enough photo myself. I'll try to get someone to take one tomorrow. I'm quite far from clearance and starting to feel like the obstacles are stacking up; lack of time, distance to electrologist, limited treatment time due to skin reaction, and inability remove the hair any other way - meaning, I can't shave.

P.s. Sorry for the rant at the end.

#67136 - 10/30/09 05:56 PM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: Pokka]
bec1234 Offline
Contributor

Loc: uk
hey pokka, it sounds like your getting abit down! try not to! believe me i know how you feel, i have had a bad week this week aswell, the sunlight on my face in the car as i am driving to work highlights every hair and it ruins my day... ridiculous i know.
Ive found myself constantly looking at my face to see exactly how far the hair spreads, its becoming obsessive!

However it is Friday, i have an appointment tomarrow at the place you and stopit found for me and whenever i get sad i try and read a success story on here!

We will be alright in the end Im sure of it! We have to be really, i cant walk around looking like this for the rest of my life.

take care pokka

If theres anything i can do or you want to chat or anything you can private message me anytime

bec xx

Im sure we will all get there in the end, so glad to have found this forum!

#67145 - 10/31/09 12:10 AM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: bec1234]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: bec1234
hey pokka, it sounds like your getting abit down! try not to! believe me i know how you feel, i have had a bad week this week aswell, the sunlight on my face in the car as i am driving to work highlights every hair and it ruins my day... ridiculous i know.
Ive found myself constantly looking at my face to see exactly how far the hair spreads, its becoming obsessive!

However it is Friday, i have an appointment tomarrow at the place you and stopit found for me and whenever i get sad i try and read a success story on here!

We will be alright in the end Im sure of it! We have to be really, i cant walk around looking like this for the rest of my life.

take care pokka

If theres anything i can do or you want to chat or anything you can private message me anytime

bec xx

Hey Bec,

Thank you for your encouraging and supportive words. I am really trying to stay positive. Honestly, I find myself saying snap out of it, at times. It's silly I know, but you just can't help it when everything gets too difficult. I am really busy with work and so am now thinking I may not be able to set aside 4 hours every other week for a 40 minute appointment. I'm quite worried, some scabs were still evident from my first treatment on wednesday when I had my second appointment; My electrologist commented on this and noted that marks have remained where scabs had been. I understand they will fade but this always takes ages for my skin, even with very small spots I'm left with marks.

We won't walk around like this for the rest of our lives, just as long as we try to stay strong and focus. Thanks so much, Bec. You've got me back on track. smile

#67146 - 10/31/09 01:12 AM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: Pokka]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Hi James,

I managed to get the vitamin c powder! I wasn't sure about quantity, but made a paste and applied it to the treated areas and left it on for 10 minutes. After this I washed my face with tepid water, patted my skin dry and applied my night products afterwards. I have to say my face felt very smooth and only slightly pink in places, which is fine as this dissipated after 15 minutes. Hope I did this right, but please let me know if I haven't.

Thanks.

#67147 - 10/31/09 01:33 AM Re: My Electrolysis Journey [Re: Pokka]
Pokka Offline
Major Contributor

Treatment 2 (+3days) pictures

I had the treatment on Wednesday but, as mentioned, could not take any good pictures myself so had to wait until my sister could take them for me. The treatment was focussed on the sides of my face. Can anyone see anything of concern here? I only ask as I have noticed some larger pores in the pictures in areas of treatment that were not there two weeks ago.

Right side of face (2 pics):

Left side of face (2 pics):

Page 7 of 24 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Old dudes ...
by adrien_sanchiz
Today at 04:33 AM
Feeling Sad
by Fairygirl
Today at 03:50 AM
Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 08:16 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
06/18/18 08:49 PM
Excessive Lymph During Treatment?
by dimi
06/18/18 10:14 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9672
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3411
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod