consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#67247 - 11/04/09 10:49 AM tanning and electrolysis
roma18 Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Bay Area, California
I haven't been tanning since I've started electrolysis on my face and body, however I like to know why it's not recommended to tan during treatment, ( besides premature aging of the skin) and when can I start tanning again once I'm done with electrolysis, my electrologist said I shouldn't tan even after finishing treatment, not sure why she said that.

Thread Sponsors
#67250 - 11/04/09 11:58 AM Re: tanning and electrolysis [Re: roma18]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Although medical literature states that one should NOT tan for 6 week after L.A.S.E.R. treatments, one need only lay off the Tanning for 24 to 72 hours post electrolysis treatment, and even then only if one wants to avoid uneven tanning, and/or pigmentation spots.

Someone who was at the point of doing one clearance every 6 weeks would be able to tan 5 out of 6 weeks... although, we skin care people DO NOT suggest that anyone should actually try to get a tan. If you insist on tanning, do make sure to get the vitamin supplement PABA, as it helps those who do tan. When used on the skin directly, it is nature's suntan lotion.

#67259 - 11/04/09 11:02 PM Re: tanning and electrolysis [Re: James W. Walker VII]
nanci Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Tacoma Washington
Also if you have any skin reaction don't tan till it's gone.
Or just don't tan at all.... you don't wanna remove all the hair in an area to uncover wrinkles and age spots.

#67267 - 11/05/09 07:10 AM Re: tanning and electrolysis [Re: nanci]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I have no problem with people tanning three days after electrolysis, I just have a problem with people tanning in general whether they are getting electrolysis or not and I think that is what your electrologist meant.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#67416 - 11/11/09 03:47 PM Re: tanning and electrolysis [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Málaga (Spain)
I think that the most prudent thing is to abstain from taking baths of the Sun for 6 months after having surrendered to the electrolysis.

The injuries affect an equivalent depth in many cases to great part of the thickness of the skin. In spite of the fact that it is a secret injury, we must not forget that the tissue of the Caucasian individual, it is hyaline (transparent). Therefore, risk of hyperpigmentations exists to intradermal level.
It is just to say that many of my clients did not obey our recommendations, and they finished as a leopard. Thankfully, all the hyperpigmentations have disappeared after one year.

Edited by depilacionelectr (11/11/09 03:57 PM)
Booking is closed as waiting list is too long.

#67424 - 11/12/09 05:37 AM Re: tanning and electrolysis [Re: depilacionelectr]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I am okay with with tanning and have no problem with the three day before and three day after rule. I have seen no problems in my client population.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Moderator:  Andrea, James W. Walker VII 
Sponsored Sidebar Links
Recent Posts
Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post
by laurenramona
02:02 PM
Um, butt crack electrolysis
by dfahey
09:19 AM
brazilian with cynosure elite alex
by purpel nurpel
07/22/14 02:59 PM
Shaking during laser sessions?
by h56ty
07/22/14 09:25 AM
Getting electrolysis done on arms
by rose2329
07/22/14 03:59 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 8656
James W. Walker VII 7994
Andrea 4046
depilacionelectr 2523
Who's Online
1 registered (iLikeDIY), 84 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod