Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#67107 - 10/29/09 02:02 PM Re: started today.... [Re: ]
toeman Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: The Netherlands
Well I think her insertions are quite well it just seems that the skin will react at the surface where the needle enters the follicle while the tip is bottom deep. Insulated needles could help with that problem?

Sponsored Links
#67108 - 10/29/09 02:08 PM Re: started today.... [Re: toeman]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Yes, most certainly, but I don't know what levels of intensity and timing she is using. Even if I did, I can't make a judgement because I am not doing the treatment. Insulated probes are great, but the practitioner still needs to choose the correct energy and timing levels so as to not overtreat or undertreat the follicle. It's a balancing act like many things in life.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#67109 - 10/29/09 02:13 PM Re: started today.... [Re: ]
toeman Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I see.

Well I don't know the intensity but I do know that it is high.
A. I have a very high pain threshold and B. These hairs are a B*tch to catch. They are so fat, thick and deep....One has to really attack them, so to speak wink

But the skin....It just seems very sensitive, even at a lower setting....But I do not feel pain, just sometimes an irritating tingling.

I will suggest insulated probes then....And we'll see what happens.

#67112 - 10/29/09 04:01 PM Re: started today.... [Re: toeman]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, these are tough hairs that need to be attacked with a size 5 or 6 probe and they need the good energy levels. This is an area where you do not have to fret so much about the skin reaction. It will look very irritated after a treatment. It is a moist area and the friction of clothes rubbing against it contributes to the prolonged healing scenario. Use tea tree oil and aloe vera gel to help the healing along. In this area, everybody's skin is sensitive.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#67126 - 10/30/09 10:43 AM Re: started today.... [Re: ]
toeman Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I am from the Netherlands, and I just don't seem to find tea tree oil here.

Could you maybe pass me a link to a tea tree oil product so I can see if that is available in Holland?

#67129 - 10/30/09 12:13 PM Re: started today.... [Re: toeman]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Tea tree oil is all over the internet. You can order if from a million different places. Here is an example of what you can purchase. Get pharmaceutical grade tea tree oil.

http://www.puritan.com/tea-tree-oil-prod...08871?NewPage=1

#67506 - 11/16/09 02:00 PM Re: started today.... [Re: toeman]
toeman Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Hi,

Ok I need some help here....
Today I did some again and it went very bad.
Not that I hurt the skin or anything but I had absolutely no hits.
just a couple....Most of them were without bulb or sheath and I was cracking by brains on this one....Why did it go so badly....?
Last time I had a rate of like 60% hits and now almost none....

The only thing I can come up is that I did it right after showering. The skin is very very dry afterwards, is that a problem?
And second of all I noticed that I couldn't get the needle in easily because of too much risistance from the skin. I really had to push....I guess that is because of the dryness....
Now I have read some electrolysis tips stating that one should moisterize the skin before electrolysis but that sounds contradictory to me because isn't it so that when one moisturizes the skin, the current can diffuse through the moistures on the surface of the skin making it more prone to scarring?
Please some help here I just don't understand why it went so bad....Can a dry skin be such an issue?

ps. it would be nice to use some oil of some kind so that the needle slides in much easier but I guess that's a bad idea....?

Edited by toeman (11/16/09 02:14 PM)

#67511 - 11/16/09 02:45 PM Re: started today.... [Re: toeman]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

The probe should slide in. Maybe your vision part is not as good as last time. Are you using a new probe each time? Are you seeing the follicle opening and inserting at the correct angle and depth?
I wouldn't moisturize right before. The electrical current would be more intense when moisture is too close to the surface. That is why we let the antiseptic we use to clean the skin prior to electrolysis evaporate or we wipe it off, before inserting the probe. Mild exfoliation in the shower can be helpful to remove debris and flakiness that block the follicle opening and thus, would allow for better insertions.

If you are inserting on an awkward area, your insertions may be the cause and not dry skin. I insert on dry skin all the time and get bulbs. If the energy and timing is not balanced, the hairs may be breaking off underneath the skin.

As we always say, electrolysis is technically very hard to do and that is why it is hard to find a competent and skilled electrologist in some places of the world. You have to be dog determined to get it right. Treatments will vary from week to week. What worked last Monday is not working so well the following Monday. Why? You just have to go through the list of variables in your mind and try something different until you figure it out. Get the principles down because you need to to refer back to these principles when you are in a situation that doesn't make sense to you.

What area are you working on again?

#67517 - 11/16/09 03:39 PM Re: started today.... [Re: ]
toeman Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Hi,

Yes I am always using new probes....Standard I use a size 5 or 6....But maybe I should use a smaller size as then the probe slides in easier....
the problem is not getting into the follicle....it seems when I am in for about 1/5 the needle has resistance to go further so I have to use a little force. But I don't want to do that as I cannot feel the end of the follicle this way....

I am working on the abdomen and the balls.
It is so stange, it was so easy before....But today (I tried again just a while ago) it doesn't work out allright.
The only thing I can come up to now is that the needle might be to thick....

#67520 - 11/16/09 03:57 PM Re: started today.... [Re: toeman]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I am saying this without seeing you, but you could try a size 4 and see if that makes a difference for the genital area. If most of the hairs are in telogen, then those follicles aren't very deep and that may be the resistance you feel. If the hairs are in anagen, they are deep and you may be hitting the top of the anchor. Push pass that a little and see what happens.

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Today at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod