Page 20 of 35 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#67962 - 12/02/09 07:54 PM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: dfahey]
jimmy2009 Offline
Major Contributor

Hi Dee,

Thanks for your reply.I don't know what is the name of the machine exactly.But as I remember I read the spectrum on the machine.And she told me that she is using chemical kind of electrolysis process so that is blend(I think) and some seconds on each hair.And the energy was increased while treating hair.

Next time I will ask her the name of the machine that she is using there.And I think Cataphoresing was available on the same machine.The problem is that I will have appointment with her in a month.

But if there is any problem regarding using Cataphoresing.And if you can guide me about acne also.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jimmy

Thread Sponsors
#67963 - 12/03/09 01:00 AM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: jimmy2009]
Jacksandmarbles Offline
Lurker

The hyper-pigmentation was on my face and forehead. The pigment marks have faded from my face but I still have some marks on my forehead. The first electrologist I went to used very high settings there so it ended up burning me pretty badly. The hypo-pigmentation faded thankfully within the first month. I am using this bleaching cream called Obagi Nu-Derm Clear #3. It has hydroquinone 4% and it's the only thing that has helped in fading the dark spots on my forehead. I use this cream with a high SPF. As for the cataphoresis, I'm pretty sure there aren't any side effects. I did get a little acne in the first few treatments but that fades when the hair gets finer. I no longer break out. Anyhow, hope this helps.

#67964 - 12/03/09 02:29 AM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: jimmy2009]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Originally Posted By: jimmy2009

But if there is any problem regarding using Cataphoresing.And if you can guide me about acne also.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jimmy

Cataphoresing is nice. It affects the tissue in four ways:

1. hardens and firms the tissue.
2. Soothes.
3. Reduces redness (closes the capillaries)
4. It is germicidal ( acid kills germs)

When we do blend or galvanic, we make lye. Lye is a base, so to bring the skin back to a more natural acidic level, cataphoresing helps swing that dial from an alkaline state > to neutral > to acidic.

On the last point, I'm thinking that the cataphoresing didn't give you the acne appearance, something else did. Good aftercare and what happens after you leave the office can make all the difference in your skin appearance. No touching the area with your hands. If she is over treating you, then you will have acne-like reaction. I don't know what is going on. Tell her about your concerns. Take a picture. That will help her understand and hopefully correct anything she may be doing wrong. Maybe you have a certain bacteria on your skin that contributes to this reaction??? There are so many possibilities.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#67970 - 12/03/09 07:59 PM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: dfahey]
jimmy2009 Offline
Major Contributor

Dear Dee and Beepsix,

Thanks for your reply.Sadly my witch hazel water is finished.I have ordered it and will get it tomorrow.But on the second day I washed my face with a mild face wash.If this is a problem by washing face.Then applied aloevera afterward.She give me one cream to apply on acne if I get after treatment.I have applied this cream and finished acne dramatically.And using tea tree oil at night.I have not any other thing to kill germs.I assume tea tree oil is good to kill the germs.What you think?

Thanks.

Jimmy

#67971 - 12/03/09 09:20 PM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: jimmy2009]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

What ingredients are in the cream? Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties. If Victoria Secret models use it then so can you.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#67974 - 12/03/09 10:02 PM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: dfahey]
jimmy2009 Offline
Major Contributor

Hi Dee,

Thanks for your reply.I don't now exactly what are the ingredients in this cream.She only gave me a sample in some thing.But I will call her and will ask about the name of the cream.

Thanks.

#67997 - 12/04/09 09:12 PM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: jimmy2009]
jimmy2009 Offline
Major Contributor

Hi Dee,

Today I got my witch hazel.This contains 15% alcohol in it.I don't know if I can apply it or not on my face.I need to mix some thing in it e.g: water before applying. Because this is difficult to get only pure witch hazel here in Germany from media stores in liquid form.

Thanks.

Jimmy

#68080 - 12/09/09 11:08 AM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: jimmy2009]
ivmi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: croatia
still pitted...
8th month
http://i50.tinypic.com/2e669sy.jpg

Edited by ivmi (12/09/09 11:10 AM)

#68092 - 12/09/09 03:32 PM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: ivmi]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for the picture. It's a little too dark, but I can see the depressions.

What comments do you get from your family or anyone close to you?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#68098 - 12/09/09 06:20 PM Re: Electrolysis/permanent scars [Re: dfahey]
ivmi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: croatia
they said that it is getting better but it is still visible mostly when there is one light source (from above or side...). But I would not be satisfied even if they said that it is undetectable couse I can see it and that it most important! every morning I wake up and take a mirror - i know it's silly but I can't help myself. I would never ever have electrolysis treatment even if the best expert is willing to do it - I dont believe anyone and there is so little to screw up.
I'm losing hope...becouse the limit for healing is getting closer and I can't see big improvement...and I want my skin back as it was prior treatment. I'm wondering, dee, is it really possible that pitting like mine heal totally? smooth..beautiful skin...after a year or more with those pits... i mean I dont have them one year...but 8 months is close enough...don't you think?
P.S. i shoot in this lightening cause you cant see them in daylight there must be some shadow
what do you think from the picture?

Edited by ivmi (12/09/09 06:23 PM)

Page 20 of 35 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
All about Laser Hair Removal (LHR) in a long shot
by Silvana
Yesterday at 02:51 PM
Tweezers
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Guidance on after care
by Pkanji
Yesterday at 02:31 PM
Laser hair removal in London
by Applepie
07/16/18 03:18 PM
Soprano Platinum 3 lasers in 1. Is it good?
by Camouflage
07/15/18 07:20 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3450
Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod