Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#70095 - 02/18/10 04:05 AM Re: A guy's treatment diary ***** [Re: bryce]
MagicalPrincessKitty Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: California
Hahaha!
1 laser session on right arm starting 07/02/10 (GenteLASE)
6.75 hrs electrolysis on tummy starting 01/07/10 (Apilus Platinum, picoflash)
10 hrs electrolysis on arms starting 01/30/10 (Apilus Platinum, synchro/picoflash)
37.25 hrs DIY electrolysis on left arm (OneTouch and Instantron)
1.75 hrs DIY electrolysis on tummy (Instantron, thermolysis)

Thread Sponsors
#70099 - 02/18/10 12:00 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: ]
Aliciadarling Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: depilacionelectr
James, sorry to give you much work.

Bryce, the worst thing of all is not that you are sprouted a vag, is that you are born without it. In this case, you'd be a woman (what a tragedy!), without vag (worse tragedy!), half hairy (absolute calamity). (joke)

Josefa

Hi Josefa:

I'm going to have to work on my Spanish humor. I've got the English humor pretty well figured out though!

I guess its all in the delivery, kind of like a stand up comedian.

Alicia

#70108 - 02/18/10 11:45 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: Aliciadarling]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Oh No Alicia, Humor Spanish and English are very similar. Look at my president ZP, Ups, sorry I wanted to say, Mr. Bean. No doubt the great Bean govern better. wink

Bryce, try to use the Emla, your electrologist will raise the intensity and speed up the end of your treatment. Use it 2 or 3 hours before each session, with occlusion of plastic wrap. Then you will be the MACHO less hairy of the world. A big hug and encouragement.

#70112 - 02/19/10 04:42 AM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: ]
bryce Offline
Major Contributor

I'm not worried about the speed, really. I like the current intensity just fine! For the first time, electrolysis mostly comfortable.

#70116 - 02/19/10 03:33 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: bryce]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
What makes electrolysis mostly comfortable for the first time? What is different?

A general note to others reading this: EMLA has to be used cautiously on large areas, especially if it is occluded with plastic wrap. AstraZeneca makes EMLA. They can be contacted about using this medication on large areas for electrolysis. I'm thinking they wouldn't recommend this.

Thus, I'm back to the original question about comfort. The better epilators available today allow the electrologist to use deadly speed with very tolerable levels so the client can lay on the table for several hours for treatment and thus get finished faster.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#70118 - 02/19/10 04:14 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: ]
bryce Offline
Major Contributor

Dee,

The epilator is the same between the two electrologists. After observing insertions between the two women, my belief is that my first practitioner put the probe in far too deeply and had to compensate by cranking up the intensity. The new practitioner rarely makes a deep insertion and has the setting down lower.

Bryce

#70120 - 02/19/10 05:35 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: bryce]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Thank you, bryce. The hairs on your left side were treated with laser. Insertions may not have to be as deep since laser most likely have reduce the size of the hair. Pardon me if you are still hanging out on the right side only, so thus, the laser explanation would not apply. You look really good and I think your journal is stupendous- the best on this site!

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#70121 - 02/19/10 05:50 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: ]
bryce Offline
Major Contributor

I suppose that's possible. I wouldn't have thought that the depth of the hair would be affected by the laser. Figured that would be genetic, and, although the laser might make it thinner, the depth would remain the same.

Thanks for the compliment. I just wanted to share, since there are probably a lot of men out there who are frustrated like I am. Soon, however, I will not be (and it's already much less).

#70126 - 02/19/10 10:17 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: bryce]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Bryce, would you mind posting the laser settings that were used? I looked through all the pages, but couldn't find them in the diary.

#70127 - 02/19/10 10:21 PM Re: A guy's treatment diary [Re: ]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Dee, I agree with your recommendation message. Your comment is very appropriate.

However, I believe that these warnings should be aimed at consumers of laser. In them the use of this anesthetic is much more indiscriminate. The insensitive area required in the first clearance of electrolysis is not a potential hazard because it can never be very extensive. For further clearances where the hairs are very isolated from each other, is enough to apply a "touch" for every hair or group of hairs. Most of the area is free of hair, hence the application in those free areas is unnecessary.

In any case, follow all the recommendations of Dee.

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Today at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod