Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#70879 - 03/09/10 08:25 PM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: Dionysus]
peace1 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: London (UK)
Can I ask you what your background is/skin type? I was thinking at the consultation, if she is saying these hairs are okay, then that means I could even do my stomach! But I know I can't so... let me add some pics.

Sponsored Links
#70880 - 03/09/10 08:33 PM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: peace1]
peace1 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Okay here are some pics, please DO NOT save these or share them with others, I will remove them soon but just looking for opinions for laser:

This is my arm, where the elbow joins:

More towards the upper arm and also shows test patch reaction to laser:

Another view of arm (don't know which ones show that they are not thick but just dark and long):

Angle of leg (have shaved and epliated legs before, at the moment they have been shaved but all are at wierd lengths):

Shows the test patch too:

As you can see they may be thicker than arm hairs but they are not as coarse as underarms but I don't know if it still consitutes laser (sorry about the state of them):

#70882 - 03/09/10 08:46 PM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: peace1]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Your arm hair seems similar to mine but mine was a bit coarser.

I haven't managed to read through all the posts in detail but here is my advice:

With Laser YOU need to be in control of your schedule and treatments. The only place I would recommend opting for a course is underarms only. It is the only place I had 6 treatments and after that decided to finish off with electrolysis, which I am also now done with in less cost than a 7th Laser treatment.

Some technicians at Renew Medica are very good in terms of choosing settings and making sure they cover areas fully by drawing a grid with small boxes. However, at the end of the day, the nature of LHR means that they will try and sell you a course and get you in for more treatments than you need. I have not heard of a single clinic that doesn't do this, so the important thing is that they do the treatments well, which they do. On top of that, they never have a problem with me coming in when *I* choose. I have heard of other clinics that have literally told clients off for not coming in on the 6 week mark.

This forum gives you all the information you need to stay on top of your treatments (settings wise) and decide when you need to go back for further treatments.

As long as you don't have more treatments than you require and you can go off-peak, there prices are very, very reasonable for central London. 107 for underarm and bikini thong combined, off peak, is a bargain imo.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#70883 - 03/09/10 08:49 PM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
peace1 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Wow yours sounds cheaper lol I was quoted proper high prices. I think I need to re estimate where I want to get it done again. Yea I do understand that it is their job so of course they're more likely to ask you to come again so I was just smiling throughout because I thought that was normal. I just don't think my hair is thick enough. I feel I need to meet everyone on here from hairtell lol.

#70884 - 03/09/10 08:52 PM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: peace1]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
This was at Renew Medica, right?

I have their price list in front of me. The off-peak prices are much less than what I paid when I had most of my treatments.

I paid 69 per underarm treatment and 95 per bikini thong.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#70885 - 03/09/10 08:57 PM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: peace1]
Dionysus Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: peace1
Can I ask you what your background is/skin type? I was thinking at the consultation, if she is saying these hairs are okay, then that means I could even do my stomach! But I know I can't so... let me add some pics.

I have a middle eastern background. I have a mediterianian skin tone (but slightly on the paler side) with black hair.

My underarm and bikini hairs are coarse.
My lower legs are also quite coarse, however my upper legs/thighs, whilst still with plentiful amounts of dark, long black hairs are more on the fine side. My arm hair is similar, thin hairs but dark, long and noticable.

Based on what I have read up on laser, I will be working on the coarse hair areas only (lower legs, bikini & underarms).

If you are interested in doing your stomach then you should consider getting electrolysis. I have had a consultation and patch test at a place called Parkside in Islington with a lady called Sharon, she/they have come highly recommended by other posters in the Electrolysis forum, and she didn't disappoint. I did a test patch on my face, which went well, and will soon be getting regular treatments there. Hope that helps.

Edited by Dionysus (03/09/10 09:00 PM)
Edit Reason: add quote

#70890 - 03/10/10 06:25 AM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: Dionysus]
peace1 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By: Dionysus
Originally Posted By: peace1

I have a middle eastern background. I have a mediterianian skin tone (but slightly on the paler side) with black hair.

My underarm and bikini hairs are coarse.
My lower legs are also quite coarse, however my upper legs/thighs, whilst still with plentiful amounts of dark, long black hairs are more on the fine side. My arm hair is similar, thin hairs but dark, long and noticable.

Based on what I have read up on laser, I will be working on the coarse hair areas only (lower legs, bikini & underarms).

If you are interested in doing your stomach then you should consider getting electrolysis. I have had a consultation and patch test at a place called Parkside in Islington with a lady called Sharon, she/they have come highly recommended by other posters in the Electrolysis forum, and she didn't disappoint. I did a test patch on my face, which went well, and will soon be getting regular treatments there. Hope that helps.

I did think of electrolysis but I decided I will prioritise face then go on to other areas later on as it would all be too much for me. :$ When you say your lower legs are coarse, are they any similar to the pictures above or are they like your underarm hairs?

#70892 - 03/10/10 07:17 AM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: peace1]
odi Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Damn, London sure is expensive...
"69 per underarm and 95 per bikini"
That is more than double what i charge here in Toronto.

Your hair seems to be normal, don't expect to see amazing results but you should expect huge reduction. I would say ~80% is reachable.

#70893 - 03/10/10 07:48 AM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: odi]
peace1 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By: odi
Damn, London sure is expensive...
"69 per underarm and 95 per bikini"
That is more than double what i charge here in Toronto.

Your hair seems to be normal, don't expect to see amazing results but you should expect huge reduction. I would say ~80% is reachable.

Thank you.

Am I looking to go for full legs and 3/4 arm? The hair is thinner on my thigh but dense.

And yes it is vert expensive, I'd rather spend my money on a much needed holiday and pop into the pros here. :p

#70901 - 03/10/10 03:07 PM Re: My Laser Journey - Starting 2010 [Re: peace1]
odi Offline
Top 10 Contributor

The thinner it is, the less effective it will be, up to you.

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 18 19 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod