Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#70967 - 03/11/10 02:44 PM What are those stand magnifiers called?

Hey everyone,

Is there an actual name for those big magnifier things that electrologists use? The ones on an arm that's just a huge magnifying glass? I'm just looking to buy one on eBay, since I buy everything there just to help out with doing One Touch on my feet and what not. I found a bunch under "stand magnifier" but not sure how well they would work, looking for one of those larger ones that will really make the view much bigger but not sure if they have a special name?

Sponsored Links
#71022 - 03/12/10 06:23 AM Re: What are those stand magnifiers called? [Re: ]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Registered: 03/30/08
Posts: 679
Usually they are referred to as "magnifying lamps". If you search on that term you should find what you are looking for. They are occasionally called "circle lamps" here at hairtell and other places. You can also search with terms like "dazor" and "luxo" (brands of magnifying lamps.)

I would get a 5 or 8 diopter lamp if you can.
Treatment details: genetic male heavy facial/body hair no hrt, type III skin
Pro Electro: 126.00 hours Apilus Platinum picoflash + synchro
DIY/Co-DIY Electro: 823.25/75.50 hours Apilus SM-500 microflash + blend

#71032 - 03/12/10 12:37 PM Re: What are those stand magnifiers called? [Re: VickieCNY]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Registered: 06/03/02
Posts: 8055
Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
3, 5 and 9 diopter are the lenses that are easiest to find.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. --- Tom Landry
Has this site helped you? Pay it forward. Donate to keep HairTell & Hairfacts Online at

#71163 - 03/15/10 09:09 PM Re: What are those stand magnifiers called? [Re: James W. Walker VII]

Great thanks I'll check those out, I'm sure it will help a lot. Been using the One Touch but I think it would make insertions easier. Will be cool to see the results, finding the One Touch works really well for what I need it for. In some areas even on low settings its brutally painful but I think it's just because it's hard to judge the angle of insertion. Using it really just for a bit of hair on my toes which doesn't bother me enough to do laser, so for $30 if it gets rid of all that then money well spent smile


Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis Help
by Iluv2zap
Today at 11:23 AM
Japanese IME HR-5000
by Laurier
Today at 08:59 AM
Skin issues
by zapmyface
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 02:19 PM
Does this look right? Clean N Easy Deluxe aftermat
by 1876Eeyore
Yesterday at 01:47 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9664
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3299
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod