Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#70967 - 03/11/10 02:44 PM What are those stand magnifiers called?

Hey everyone,

Is there an actual name for those big magnifier things that electrologists use? The ones on an arm that's just a huge magnifying glass? I'm just looking to buy one on eBay, since I buy everything there just to help out with doing One Touch on my feet and what not. I found a bunch under "stand magnifier" but not sure how well they would work, looking for one of those larger ones that will really make the view much bigger but not sure if they have a special name?

Sponsored Links
#71022 - 03/12/10 06:23 AM Re: What are those stand magnifiers called? [Re: ]
VickieCNY Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Registered: 03/30/08
Posts: 679
Usually they are referred to as "magnifying lamps". If you search on that term you should find what you are looking for. They are occasionally called "circle lamps" here at hairtell and other places. You can also search with terms like "dazor" and "luxo" (brands of magnifying lamps.)

I would get a 5 or 8 diopter lamp if you can.
Treatment details: genetic male heavy facial/body hair no hrt, type III skin
Pro Electro: 126.00 hours Apilus Platinum picoflash + synchro
DIY/Co-DIY Electro: 823.25/75.50 hours Apilus SM-500 microflash + blend

#71032 - 03/12/10 12:37 PM Re: What are those stand magnifiers called? [Re: VickieCNY]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Registered: 06/03/02
Posts: 8055
Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
3, 5 and 9 diopter are the lenses that are easiest to find.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. --- Tom Landry
Has this site helped you? Pay it forward. Donate to keep HairTell & Hairfacts Online at

#71163 - 03/15/10 09:09 PM Re: What are those stand magnifiers called? [Re: James W. Walker VII]

Great thanks I'll check those out, I'm sure it will help a lot. Been using the One Touch but I think it would make insertions easier. Will be cool to see the results, finding the One Touch works really well for what I need it for. In some areas even on low settings its brutally painful but I think it's just because it's hard to judge the angle of insertion. Using it really just for a bit of hair on my toes which doesn't bother me enough to do laser, so for $30 if it gets rid of all that then money well spent smile


Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 11:02 PM
Something wrong
by TheFlyingProbe
Yesterday at 08:34 PM
A sign of dermal over-treatment?
by SynViks
Yesterday at 04:58 PM
Over the counter numbing cream
by Ton
Yesterday at 12:57 PM
Can someone in USA sell me THE needles, please?
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 09:59 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9725
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3511
Who's Online
0 registered (), 158 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod