Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#83421 - 02/25/11 04:52 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post ***** [Re: meowmeow]
barberswife Offline
Contributor

Loc: Illinois
1. Area(s) treated: full legs
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 9 years
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): type III,thick coarse black hair (light skinned Mexican)
4. Device used and settings (if known): Alexandrite Gentlase
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 90%
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): Medspa in Geneva, IL closed now
7. Finishing with electrolysis: No

Sponsored Links
#83600 - 02/28/11 09:37 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
himanshu Offline

Deleted

Edited by dfahey (03/15/11 02:43 PM)
Edit Reason: Spammer for patches and tweezer type "permanent hair removal"

#85366 - 04/01/11 04:08 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: himanshu]
JMISR Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: Seattle, USA
1. Area(s) treated: Chest, back, abdomen, neck (both anterior and posterior).
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 3 yrs
3. Your skin and hair type on that area: Fitzpatrick type III, black
4. Device used and settings: GentleLase (1 @ 16 J/cm^2, 7 @ 20 J/cm^2 - all 18mm spot size).
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area: Chest 90%, Back 70%, Abdomen 80%, Neck (anterior) 90%, Neck (posterior) 80%.
6. Name and location of clinic: Philadelphia, USA (@ an academic medical center)
7. Finishing with electrolysis?: Just began electrolysis.

#87764 - 05/24/11 02:34 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months p
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
rezwack on the other forum just finished his face treatments. Since there are lots of beard removal questions on this forum, I wanted to link to his story for anyone interested in following his 10 treatments. He's done and happy now.

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com...asc&start=0

Edited by Andrea (05/24/11 05:29 PM)
Edit Reason: title change

#87771 - 05/24/11 05:24 PM Re: $6000 of ineffective laser? [Re: LAgirl]
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
FYI I moved a post by Cloud9 out of the success stories thread. @Cloud9, you should check your agreement and see what their policy is on follow-ups. A good practitioner should be willing to work with you if you are not satisfied.

Edited by Andrea (05/24/11 05:44 PM)

#88276 - 06/05/11 09:27 PM Re: 6 weeks - good results so far! [Re: LAgirl]
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
I just moved a post in this thread about 6-week results here:

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads....html#Post88271

#88286 - 06/06/11 06:36 AM Yag/candela vs alexander laser [Re: meowmeow]
Natalievoyage Offline
Major Contributor

Hi,

I have brown/light indian skin. I have already had alxander laser on my face which got rid of the black hair but didnt kill the finer hairs wich are brown. I was thinking about going over the same area with a yag or candela laser to kill the finer hairs.

Can anyone tell me if they think it will kill the hairs as they are fine hairs but they are not blonde they are brown and if the yag/candela laser will be more effective on my skin colour in killing hair.

Your comments would be much appreciated..

#88862 - 06/20/11 05:00 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
grado Offline

1. Area(s) treated
bikini, under arms, legs

2. How long it's been since last treatment

3 months

3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s)

Type I

4. Device used and settings (if known)

laser

5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s)

Bikini 99%+
Underarms 99%+
Legs 40%+ (1 treatment, need to go further)

6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!)

The Sloane Clinic. Malaysia

7. Finishing with electrolysis?

No.

#89382 - 07/01/11 08:22 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Smoothie:)]
Smoothie:) Offline
Contributor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Smoothie:)
It has now been six months (to the day) since I had my final of 6 treatments so I hope this qualifies. Since my last post here I have noticed little change. As some people have LHR and then experience regrowth, I have been worried that I may also get the same happen to me but now after 6 months I only need to shave once every 2 weeks. I am very pleased with that and I keep being surprised by how soft and smooth my skin in the treated areas feels. I love it.

When I shave my legs now I can feel the softer 'stubble' on my thighs after about 3 days and then my legs feel smooth and soft for about another week and a half. I am finding that they need to be shaved again around the 2 week point which is when I can start to see the now fine downy hairs getting longer - I really do have to look hard (or bright light needs to catch them just right). I occasionally get one or two coarser dark hairs come through but have been zapping them with the 'one-touch' which seems to get rid of them. The lower part of my legs (knees down) seem to be almost totally hair free and the thighs area is where I seem to get the downy hairs come through.

My bikini area is slightly different as it has much softer skin with hardly any visible pores (I have quite large pores on my legs). It remains mostly hair free and I run the razor over this area roughly once a week to catch the odd hair that comes through but once again they are very fine and downy. I shave this area more as it is really quick to do in the shower. I used to get lots of ingrown hairs here but hardly ever get any now.

Am I pleased? You bet I am. I have been so worried that hair would come back but it has not (much to my relief). People mention touch-ups but I don't understand whether that is because hair slowly and surely starts to come back or whether it is to get rid of the odd stragglers (those I have already zapped). I really hope as the 6 months has now passed that the hairs are dead and gone and that I will not experience any major regrowth other than the fine downy hair which comes through now. When I started my course of treatments I realised that as a male I was not going to completely get rid of the hair and that I would be happy with shaving once every 2 weeks which I am. I hope this helps anyone contemplating LHR or even needing a little encouragement during treatment.

Well, it's now been just over a year since I completed my course of 6 LHR treatments. I have experienced no further hair growth other than the odd straggler which pops up now and then which I zap with the 'one-touch'. There really isn't much change since my post of 19/12/2010 above. I am still very pleased with the results and hope this update is of use and encouragement to anyone who may read it.
Bikini; done in 6.
Feet; done in 6 (3rd treatment Soprano Diode used).
Face; 5 of 7 treatments (YAG used)

#89626 - 07/08/11 02:43 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Smoothie:)]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Male back story with photos posted on another forum. Results after about 4 years:

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143655&p=174960#p174960

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
USA Electrolysis Schools
by dfahey
Today at 10:20 AM
Best option for facial hair?
by stoppit&tidyup
Today at 10:11 AM
FOR SALE
by Iluv2zap
Today at 08:51 AM
Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin
by PalePinkSkinDark
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Painful Pustules After Treatment
by Soft Touch
Yesterday at 03:25 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9504
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod