Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#71755 - 03/28/10 01:03 AM Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post *****
meowmeow Offline
Contributor

This should be a useful thread for everyone on here. Please post your story with as much detail as possible. 6 months post your last treatment ONLY please.

Please indicate:

1. Area(s) treated
2. How long it's been since last treatment
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s)
4. Device used and settings (if known)
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s)
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!)
7. Finishing with electrolysis?

There is a similar thread on this other forum.

Edited by meowmeow (03/28/10 01:10 AM)

Sponsored Links
#71756 - 03/28/10 01:03 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
meowmeow Offline
Contributor

Example Response:

1. Area(s) treated: bikini
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 8 years
3. Your skin and hair type on that area: type II, coarse dark brown
4. Device used and settings: Ruby & LightSheer
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area: 90% w/some regrowth
6. Name and location of clinic: Montreal, PQ
7. Finishing with electrolysis?: I am just trying electrolysis for the first time on my face and it is working great! So, now I am considering having the remainder of the bikini area taken care of, too.

Edited by meowmeow (03/28/10 01:05 AM)

#71780 - 03/28/10 05:58 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I manage that thread on the other forum. Here are my results:

1. Area(s) treated
bikini, underarms, lower legs, stomach

3 years

Type II, dark coarse hair on bikini and underams, finer on stomach, medium coarseness on legs

GentleLASE alexandrite laser; 14J on 18mm and up

Bikini 95%+
Underarms 95%+
Lower legs 60%+ (only 3 treatments, wanted reduction only)
Stomach 40% (4 treatments, switched to electrolysis, hair too fine)

Dr Babapour, Los Angeles (Beverly Hills)

Yes, finished with electrolysis on undearms, some bikini, and all of stomach

#71861 - 03/30/10 08:05 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
butterfly4444 Offline

hi,

i have been reading on fora like these since i was 12. to thank you all here is my success story.

i have had hisutism since i was 12, my life was horrible, i never could go out in the sun on holiday or even wear a tshirt or skirt. i was hiding and lying to everybody. i felt so ugly and was always on fora like these. when i was 18 i started getting treatments. i got a test done with laser but they said that my skin colour changed so i got treated with ipl. the starlux. this was on my whole legs. it did work but i needed so much treatments, definitely more than 14. on my arms i got treated with the aurora. after years and years of treatment the clinic (the best one ever, i was only doing my arms here) decided to buy the lightsheer. they had so much experience and noticed that laser was better. so i did a test and my skin didnt change so my whole legs and bikini, stomach got treated with the laser, it works very well! now once a year i go back to be hair free in the sumer, just for my bikini line and stomach. i get teated with the highest settings. i also have done electrolysis but this is whorrible, it takes ages! waste of time. now i am totally hair free, something i never ever thaught would happen! now i go out swimming, to the beach wear everything i want! now its 7 years later and i feel like a normal person. get treated because it really works! i had the luxury that my parents paid everything.

1. Area(s) treated: arms and a bit of upper arm, stomach, bikini, whole legs
2. How long it's been since last treatment arms and lower legs 1 year, bikini stomach 1 day
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s)very pale skin, dark hair
4. Device used and settings (if known)aurora, lightsheer, estelux, electrolysis
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s)96%!!
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!)korpos, Netherlands!!!! best clinic ever, so nice, expereinced, hairremoval is the only thing they do! cheap!
7. Finishing with electrolysis? i did, but laser is still better because its faster.

please get treated it changed my life!! now i can go out, and even have boyfriends!! something i never was able to have.

if you have any questions please let me know!

#73201 - 04/23/10 03:21 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: butterfly4444]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Since we just created this sticky thread, I'm including a link to another thread where I have kept track of many success stories reported on the forums since 2006.

You can find them here: http://cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/for...18373c9710c36cd

#73333 - 04/25/10 09:40 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
Will Bfree Offline
Contributor

My success story is that maybe two or three years ago I found my new office was around the corner from a laser place.

After 8 or 9 treatments on my shoulders/upper-back, my shoulders and upper back have been free of hair for more than a year now, maybe longer.

1. Areas treated: Shoulder and upper back
2. How long it's been since last treatment: A year or more.
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): black and brown hairs on pale skin.
4. Device used and settings (if known): Candela GentleLase, on setting 12/26 to 12/28
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 98%
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): Barris Laser of Boulder CO - fantastic place
7. Finishing with electrolysis? No, I'll do more areas when I can afford to.

There are some straggler hairs and some clear/white hairs on my shoulders that I need to go back to get regular electrolysis on sometime, but I feel no hurry. For now I just pluck those, and they aren't visible at a distance anyway.

Was it worth the collective hundreds upon hundreds of dollars? YES!

I am now kind of addicted to this, even though I have no real need for much more. I stopped for a year or so, but now with tax refund time, I had my hands done, and am going ass-up tomorrow to clear the hair from where "God split" me.

Update: I just went on Saturday, and, ouch! I'm redder there for longer than I am on, say, my shoulders -- probably because my butt rarely sees light, let alone laser light. But, once it fades I will be happy.

I debate sometimes about getting my stomach and chest done, but at $300 a pop, and an uncertainty about whether I'd feel demasculinized if I lacked that hair, I have thus far held onto it. If I win the lottery, I probably would do it.

It is the addictive nature of laser that is most remarkable to me. I suspect it is similar to how exercise, or chiseling the body into shape, can be addictive. Except here, you just walk in one way, and walk out looking different, with none of that pesky exsertion that exercise requires.

I am also most pleased that no numbing cremes were needed. I am afraid of the allergic reaction risk.

Left-shoulder, before (Aug 2007), and after (2010):

Edited by Will Bfree (04/25/10 09:44 PM)

#73334 - 04/25/10 09:43 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Will Bfree]
Will Bfree Offline
Contributor

Larger:

#73345 - 04/26/10 01:31 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Will Bfree]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for the story and photos! Looks fantastic. I'm sure many readers will appreciate it.

#74413 - 05/17/10 02:41 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
KimFoxx Offline
Contributor

Will Bfree how long has it been now since you got your last laser treatment done and has any of the hair grown back at all?

#74439 - 05/17/10 08:23 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: KimFoxx]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Another success story posted on another forum. This person went to Ideal Image in Miami (starting in April of '08) and got great results.

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com...asc&start=0

#74536 - 05/20/10 07:02 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
carpet Offline
Contributor

Quote:
Editor's note: This post by Member carpet carpet has been moved to a thread for people who do not feel their results were successful.

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads....html#Post74551

Edited by Andrea (05/20/10 09:17 PM)

#74541 - 05/20/10 08:28 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: carpet]
MagicalPrincessKitty Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: California
Quote:
Editor's note: This reply to Member carpet carpet has been moved to a thread for people who do not feel their results were successful.

Edited by Andrea (05/21/10 04:54 AM)
1 laser session on right arm starting 07/02/10 (GenteLASE)
6.75 hrs electrolysis on tummy starting 01/07/10 (Apilus Platinum, picoflash)
10 hrs electrolysis on arms starting 01/30/10 (Apilus Platinum, synchro/picoflash)
37.25 hrs DIY electrolysis on left arm (OneTouch and Instantron)
1.75 hrs DIY electrolysis on tummy (Instantron, thermolysis)

#74545 - 05/20/10 08:37 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: MagicalPrincessKitty]
carpet Offline
Contributor

Quote:
Editor's note: This post by Member carpet carpet has been moved to a thread for people who do not feel their results were successful.

Edited by Andrea (05/21/10 04:57 AM)

#74550 - 05/20/10 09:04 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: carpet]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Anything that grows back that many years later is NEW hair that your body developped. You should look into potential causes - we have a sticky thread for that.

Hair can't just regenerate if it was originally killed. And if it wasn't killed, it would have shown up within 6 months after your treatments ended due to hwo the hair grows, i.e. in hair cycles.

#75390 - 06/12/10 06:16 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
hate2bhairy Offline
Contributor

Loc: Calgary, Canada
1. Area(s) treated: Bikini and Lower Legs
2. How long it's been since last treatment: Bikini treated 8 years ago and Lower Legs 4 years ago
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): Type 2 and brown to black, medium to coarse hair (more dark brown on lower legs and slightly less coarse than bikini)
4. Device used and settings (if known): Bikini - unknown brand but definitley a PAINFUL Diode laser, settings unknown; Lower Legs - LightSheer, settings unknown.
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): Bikini still 95%, Lower legs 85%
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): Bikini - Dr. Storwick, Calgary, AB; Lower Legs - Laser Rejuvination Clinic, Calgary, AB
7. Finishing with electrolysis?: No. Happy with final results - not bothered by small amount of remaining light coloured, fine hairs. Currently having some touch-ups on lower legs for a few new dark hairs.

#75863 - 06/22/10 07:43 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
darkchin Offline

hi all, was told i should post my IPL success story here.

I was doing IPL treatments for over a year now on my beard. Before then i had a very thick dark beard. I am pleased with the results the hairs are very thin and i haven't gone back to a treatment for about 6 months now.

I will say that it did hurt particularly on my upper lip and there were times where i got some redness mainly on the chin. I recommend IPL to people with thick hairs or have big patches of hair they want to get rid of.

For the men that want to do there rough beard be prepard for patches over the coming months and a lot of people saying "dude whats wrong with your beard!!"

Let me know if anyone has questions about IPL.

Many thanks!

#77318 - 07/27/10 07:28 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: darkchin]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Copying and pasting a success story. You can find it here:

http://cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34312#34312

Hi all,

I'm afraid I'm one of probably many people guilty of using these forums to research treatments, then not returning to give an account of how I got on.

About 18 months or so ago, I used this forum to find a laser hair removal clinic in London. Here's the original thread: http://cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5373&highlight=

As you can see, I ended up going with Laser Clear, a clinic near Liverpool Street station.

I have to say, a year and a half on, that I could not be much happier with the results. My hair is not the easiest to treat - being medium brown, but with a bit of red and blonde in there (and grey unfortunately) - but the first six sessions I had cleared virtually everything very effectively.

The areas which showed most resistance were the shoulders (not surprising as it was quite thick there), but even that was pretty clear after the last of my first six treatments in July 07.

I've since had 'top ups' (these are recommended every six months) in November, and another a couple of weeks ago, but these were only picking up a few stragglers.

Generally, my back looks fine. A bit of fluffy blonde hair, but nothing that looks at all unnatural. I think the laser has also helped clear up some acne scarring left behind by many painful years of waxing.

To sum up, what was once one of my greatest embarrassments is now something I hardly think about.

A sad note to finish on. The lady who runs the clinic, Ann, was recently admitted to hospital, and is quite ill I believe. I can only wish her a very speedy recovery - as I'm sure others will from this forum who have used Laser Clear.

She was refreshingly frank and up front with me at my consultation, warning me that blonde and red hairs were not easy to treat, and that laser hair removal was not a wholly permanent treatment. I trusted her because of that honesty, and I've got a great result which I'll always be grateful to her for.

#77853 - 08/16/10 04:41 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
parttimejob Offline

1. chin, neck, jawline
2. 3 weeks
3. light skin, dark black hair
4. GentleLASE
5. 95% reduction
6. Results Skin Care Center Portland, Oregon

I had to write and voice my excitement. With just one laser treatment so far that treated the grow-out of only 1 weeks worth of hair, I am seeing about 95% reduction. And it's already been about 3 weeks since the treatment!

If I would have known how effective getting just one laser treatment would be I would have done it years ago! I was a daily plucker. I would estimate that I plucked about 100 dark prickly hairs each day from my face. I am female. It was like a part time job for me. I had to wake up early before work, before school, etc. It took me about an hour each day. I wasn't being too meticulous either, or using a magnifying mirror. It still took me about an hour a day.

I had had laser done to the area about 10 years ago. It was effective for about a year and took about 4 treatments to rid the hair. It cost me about $1200 if I remember correctly! It was a blissful year without facial hair, but you can imagine that for the cost and limited results I was not crazy to invest again.

What finally made me bite and do laser again was a coupon through the website Groupon in Portland, Oregon. $129 for 6 treatments in a year. The coupons are all sold out now for anyone else who is in Portland and interested, I'm sorry!

I can't believe with just one treatment that was treating a weeks worth of growth I am having such good results! I still have 5 treatments left on my package and it doesn't appear I will be needing all of them.

Comments, questions are welcome. I will do my best to keep you up to date.. I just had to share because I know how miserable facial hair can be for people, and I would do anything I can to help others who are suffering with it.

Take care,

J

#77854 - 08/16/10 04:55 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: parttimejob]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

You will need your other treatments. It's too early to tell permanency after just 1 treatment and a few weeks. Hair grows in cycles and you need to wait 6 months after finishing all treatments in order to judge permenancy as this thread name indicates.

#79137 - 10/07/10 08:18 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
Ennovi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
1. Area(s) treated: lower legs, underarms
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 2 1/2 years
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s)- skin III-IV/coarse black hair on both legs and underarm
4. Device used and settings (if known): Lightsheer at the beginning and then they switched to Aurora something (I think). Honestly, back then, I didn't ask which machine they were using. Sometimes they would use one and then they would use another. : /
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): legs 95%. Underarms 50%. Legs had more sessions.
6. Name and location of clinic (do not recommend!)- American Laser Centers. Austin, TX. Not sure if I would recommend. I had to have lots of sessions over a period of 3 years and did not achieve desired results in underarms.
7. Finishing with electrolysis? Not right now, but considering it on legs.

Edited by Ennovi (10/07/10 09:27 PM)
Edit Reason: to avoid promoting ALC
Lower Arms- 6 treatment with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Upper legs- 5 treatment with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Bikini- 4 treatments with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Lower Legs- LightSheer Diode (2005-2008)- DONE

#79144 - 10/07/10 09:10 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Ennovi]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Aurora is an IPL. American Laser Centers has a horrible reputation. Underarms should have 95%+ removal in 6 treatments on pretty much everyone. Good luck in your search for a better clinic and laser. See if there is a Smooth Solutions near you, but there are lots of others.

#79147 - 10/07/10 09:28 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
Ennovi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: LAgirl
Aurora is an IPL. American Laser Centers has a horrible reputation. Underarms should have 95%+ removal in 6 treatments on pretty much everyone. Good luck in your search for a better clinic and laser. See if there is a Smooth Solutions near you, but there are lots of others.

Thanks! Yeah, I looked it up after I posted. I had nevered bothered to do so before. Beating myself over it now, but at least the underarm were free as part of a promotion where I just had to pay the remaining balance on my legs. LOL
Lower Arms- 6 treatment with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Upper legs- 5 treatment with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Bikini- 4 treatments with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Lower Legs- LightSheer Diode (2005-2008)- DONE

#81212 - 12/19/10 04:22 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
Smoothie:) Offline
Contributor

Loc: UK
It has now been six months (to the day) since I had my final of 6 treatments so I hope this qualifies. Since my last post here I have noticed little change. As some people have LHR and then experience regrowth, I have been worried that I may also get the same happen to me but now after 6 months I only need to shave once every 2 weeks. I am very pleased with that and I keep being surprised by how soft and smooth my skin in the treated areas feels. I love it.

When I shave my legs now I can feel the softer 'stubble' on my thighs after about 3 days and then my legs feel smooth and soft for about another week and a half. I am finding that they need to be shaved again around the 2 week point which is when I can start to see the now fine downy hairs getting longer - I really do have to look hard (or bright light needs to catch them just right). I occasionally get one or two coarser dark hairs come through but have been zapping them with the 'one-touch' which seems to get rid of them. The lower part of my legs (knees down) seem to be almost totally hair free and the thighs area is where I seem to get the downy hairs come through.

My bikini area is slightly different as it has much softer skin with hardly any visible pores (I have quite large pores on my legs). It remains mostly hair free and I run the razor over this area roughly once a week to catch the odd hair that comes through but once again they are very fine and downy. I shave this area more as it is really quick to do in the shower. I used to get lots of ingrown hairs here but hardly ever get any now.

Am I pleased? You bet I am. I have been so worried that hair would come back but it has not (much to my relief). People mention touch-ups but I don't understand whether that is because hair slowly and surely starts to come back or whether it is to get rid of the odd stragglers (those I have already zapped). I really hope as the 6 months has now passed that the hairs are dead and gone and that I will not experience any major regrowth other than the fine downy hair which comes through now. When I started my course of treatments I realised that as a male I was not going to completely get rid of the hair and that I would be happy with shaving once every 2 weeks which I am. I hope this helps anyone contemplating LHR or even needing a little encouragement during treatment.
Bikini; done in 6.
Feet; done in 6 (3rd treatment Soprano Diode used).
Face; 5 of 7 treatments (YAG used)

#81368 - 12/24/10 01:51 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Smoothie:)]
Nesta2347 Offline
Contributor

I have been extremely satisfied with my results to date. I am 5 treatments in with the first 4 being very evenly spaced and the 5th treatment 9 months (today).

I am male, 31 y/o and have been using the Genetlase at 18mm/18J to 20J on my chest, stomach, back (mostly flanks) and shoulders/upper arms. Light skin (tanner now that I'm swimming outdoors in the sunshine), hair was originally coarse to thick on the chest/stomach and less so everywhere else.

I still need to have a few treatments, but the shoulder/back hair are thin and hardly noticeable. the character of the chest hair is completely different. After 4 treatments, the hair came in soft and somewhat straight (not wiry at all). I'd say 70% reduction on the muscle part of the pec and 90% above. The stomach hair is also changed in character but still needs work. I'd call it 60 to 70% reduction.

Most importantly though, the hair went from being an embarrassment to something totally manageable. For the last 9 months, I've been very comfortable with where things are. When I want to be smooth, I shave. Because the hair is so much thinner, rather than get stubbly, it remains pretty smooth to touch. It doesn't grow in funny at all.

I did get another treatment today because I want further reductions on the stomach, and I just want to finish what I started. I'll post before/after pictures someday that will blow you all away!

#81646 - 01/06/11 01:05 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: JM1987]
Caith721 Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Charlotte, NC, US
I have pale (Irish) skin and previously had black hair over my arms, legs, buttocks, and back. Folliculitis was a frequent problem, as were ingrown hairs and multiple hairs growing from a single follicle, blocking them. A Candela GentleLase (alexandrite) laser treatment over several weeks eliminated 99% of the hair, and that was over five years ago. What very little hair re-grows is almost non-existent and easily waxed off every few months. I experienced no burning, no scarring, and no patchiness.

#82355 - 01/26/11 11:14 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Caith721]
hairgoaway Offline
Contributor

I wished more people would post here. I'm really curious to know how long laser hair reduction has lasted for people. I believe my stomach line and feet were treated at good settings (I don't know what settings, but it was a painful experience). I would say about 1 year later, I still have about 80-85% reduction on my stomach line and feet.

#82356 - 01/26/11 11:46 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Ennovi]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

#82358 - 01/27/11 12:56 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
hairgoaway Offline
Contributor

Thanks LAgirl!

#82464 - 01/31/11 06:55 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: hairgoaway]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Male beard story with photos, to follow: http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com...asc&start=0

#82555 - 02/02/11 10:20 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
mad1 Offline
Contributor

It seems like most people have had very good success with laser. Is it true that ipl does not actually kill the hair and only laser does? I read this somewhere, but don't think it is true?

Originally Posted By: LAgirl
Anything that grows back that many years later is NEW hair that your body developped. You should look into potential causes - we have a sticky thread for that.

Hair can't just regenerate if it was originally killed. And if it wasn't killed, it would have shown up within 6 months after your treatments ended due to hwo the hair grows, i.e. in hair cycles.

#83421 - 02/25/11 04:52 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
barberswife Offline
Contributor

Loc: Illinois
1. Area(s) treated: full legs
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 9 years
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): type III,thick coarse black hair (light skinned Mexican)
4. Device used and settings (if known): Alexandrite Gentlase
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 90%
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): Medspa in Geneva, IL closed now
7. Finishing with electrolysis: No

#83600 - 02/28/11 09:37 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
himanshu Offline

Deleted

Edited by dfahey (03/15/11 02:43 PM)
Edit Reason: Spammer for patches and tweezer type "permanent hair removal"

#85366 - 04/01/11 04:08 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: himanshu]
JMISR Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: Seattle, USA
1. Area(s) treated: Chest, back, abdomen, neck (both anterior and posterior).
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 3 yrs
3. Your skin and hair type on that area: Fitzpatrick type III, black
4. Device used and settings: GentleLase (1 @ 16 J/cm^2, 7 @ 20 J/cm^2 - all 18mm spot size).
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area: Chest 90%, Back 70%, Abdomen 80%, Neck (anterior) 90%, Neck (posterior) 80%.
6. Name and location of clinic: Philadelphia, USA (@ an academic medical center)
7. Finishing with electrolysis?: Just began electrolysis.

#87764 - 05/24/11 02:34 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months p
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

rezwack on the other forum just finished his face treatments. Since there are lots of beard removal questions on this forum, I wanted to link to his story for anyone interested in following his 10 treatments. He's done and happy now.

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com...asc&start=0

Edited by Andrea (05/24/11 05:29 PM)
Edit Reason: title change

#87771 - 05/24/11 05:24 PM Re: $6000 of ineffective laser? [Re: LAgirl]
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
FYI I moved a post by Cloud9 out of the success stories thread. @Cloud9, you should check your agreement and see what their policy is on follow-ups. A good practitioner should be willing to work with you if you are not satisfied.

Edited by Andrea (05/24/11 05:44 PM)

#88276 - 06/05/11 09:27 PM Re: 6 weeks - good results so far! [Re: LAgirl]
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
I just moved a post in this thread about 6-week results here:

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads....html#Post88271

#88286 - 06/06/11 06:36 AM Yag/candela vs alexander laser [Re: meowmeow]
Natalievoyage Offline
Major Contributor

Hi,

I have brown/light indian skin. I have already had alxander laser on my face which got rid of the black hair but didnt kill the finer hairs wich are brown. I was thinking about going over the same area with a yag or candela laser to kill the finer hairs.

Can anyone tell me if they think it will kill the hairs as they are fine hairs but they are not blonde they are brown and if the yag/candela laser will be more effective on my skin colour in killing hair.

Your comments would be much appreciated..

#88862 - 06/20/11 05:00 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
grado Offline

1. Area(s) treated
bikini, under arms, legs

3 months

Type I

laser

Bikini 99%+
Underarms 99%+
Legs 40%+ (1 treatment, need to go further)

The Sloane Clinic. Malaysia

No.

#89382 - 07/01/11 08:22 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Smoothie:)]
Contributor

Originally Posted By: Smoothie:)
It has now been six months (to the day) since I had my final of 6 treatments so I hope this qualifies. Since my last post here I have noticed little change. As some people have LHR and then experience regrowth, I have been worried that I may also get the same happen to me but now after 6 months I only need to shave once every 2 weeks. I am very pleased with that and I keep being surprised by how soft and smooth my skin in the treated areas feels. I love it.

When I shave my legs now I can feel the softer 'stubble' on my thighs after about 3 days and then my legs feel smooth and soft for about another week and a half. I am finding that they need to be shaved again around the 2 week point which is when I can start to see the now fine downy hairs getting longer - I really do have to look hard (or bright light needs to catch them just right). I occasionally get one or two coarser dark hairs come through but have been zapping them with the 'one-touch' which seems to get rid of them. The lower part of my legs (knees down) seem to be almost totally hair free and the thighs area is where I seem to get the downy hairs come through.

My bikini area is slightly different as it has much softer skin with hardly any visible pores (I have quite large pores on my legs). It remains mostly hair free and I run the razor over this area roughly once a week to catch the odd hair that comes through but once again they are very fine and downy. I shave this area more as it is really quick to do in the shower. I used to get lots of ingrown hairs here but hardly ever get any now.

Am I pleased? You bet I am. I have been so worried that hair would come back but it has not (much to my relief). People mention touch-ups but I don't understand whether that is because hair slowly and surely starts to come back or whether it is to get rid of the odd stragglers (those I have already zapped). I really hope as the 6 months has now passed that the hairs are dead and gone and that I will not experience any major regrowth other than the fine downy hair which comes through now. When I started my course of treatments I realised that as a male I was not going to completely get rid of the hair and that I would be happy with shaving once every 2 weeks which I am. I hope this helps anyone contemplating LHR or even needing a little encouragement during treatment.

Well, it's now been just over a year since I completed my course of 6 LHR treatments. I have experienced no further hair growth other than the odd straggler which pops up now and then which I zap with the 'one-touch'. There really isn't much change since my post of 19/12/2010 above. I am still very pleased with the results and hope this update is of use and encouragement to anyone who may read it.
Bikini; done in 6.

#89626 - 07/08/11 02:43 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Smoothie:)]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Male back story with photos posted on another forum. Results after about 4 years:

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143655&p=174960#p174960

#92811 - 10/17/11 05:25 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Ennovi]
belladonna Offline
Contributor

1. Area(s) treated: UNDERARMS AND BIKINI
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 2 WEEKS
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): DARK SKIN AND VERY COARSE DARK HAIR
4. Device used and settings (if known): LASER SHEER DIODE
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 95%
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): LASER NURSE - LYNDA CHRISTINE. 251 5TH AVE @ 28TH, NYC FLATIRON DISTRICT
7. Finishing with electrolysis? NO

#94166 - 12/05/11 03:35 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: belladonna]
Contributor

Originally Posted By: Smoothie:) - 19/12/2010

Originally Posted By: Smoothie:) - 07/01/2011
Well, it's now been just over a year since I completed my course of 6 LHR treatments. I have experienced no further hair growth other than the odd straggler which pops up now and then which I zap with the 'one-touch'. There really isn't much change since my post of 19/12/2010 above. I am still very pleased with the results and hope this update is of use and encouragement to anyone who may read it.

Just a quick update. It's now 18 months since I completed my course of 6 LHR treatments. There has been no change since my previous 2 posts. I shave my legs roughly every 1 - 2 weeks in the shower or bath which is so quick now compared to before I had the treatments. I very rarely get any ingrown hairs unlike before the treatments. The previously mentioned 'stragglers' are becoming less and less too. I remain very happy with the results.
Bikini; done in 6.

#94493 - 12/14/11 05:32 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: parttimejob]
parttimejob Offline

Hi all,

It is now over a year later and I am still hair-free! I ended up getting just one treatment more from my original Group-On 6 treatment package. I didn't even end up needing to use all 6 sessions.

Mostly these days I forget that I ever had a facial hair problem. I kept meaning to come back on here to post an update and I finally remembered to tonight.

I have no idea if it is still being used, but I can't recommend GentleLASE enough!

#94839 - 01/01/12 06:23 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: parttimejob]
emilily Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney, Australia
1. Area(s) treated: UNDERARMS AND BIKINI
2. How long it's been since last treatment: A long time... 10 months.
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): Skin type 2 or 3, very pale, no tan. Hair - black, coarse.
4. Device used and settings (if known): Alexandrite GentleLase. 18mm spot size, 16/18j.
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 100% of pubic type hair, BUT what is left is fine and dark. Fine covering. In terms of actual % of hair lost overall, I would say 60-70%.
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): Silk Laser Clinic - King William Road, Hyde Park.
7. Finishing with electrolysis? No. I think I still have a laser appointment left but I have been too busy to make time for going. I've also felt very comfortable with the amount/type of hair left in these areas anyway. smile Hope this helps everyone.

Current (Apilus Platinum):
Chin, lip, sides: Starting 30/08/13 1420 minutes
Tummy: 1 hr 21/09, 1 hr 30/09/13, 1.5 13/01, 1.5 08/04, .5hr 26/06, 1 hr 17/11/14,.25 hr 09/03/15, .25 31/07/2015
Chest/underarm: 2 hr 12/10, 1 hr 21/10, 1.5 hours 12/12/13, 1.5hours 11/02, 1.5 08/05, .5hr 26/6, 1hr 05/08, 1hr 17/11/14, .75hr 09/03/15, .5hr 13/07/15

Most recent: 45mins 08/10/2015, 30mins 02/16, 1hr 24/06/16, 1hr 11/10/16

#107102 - 05/23/13 12:23 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Ennovi]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
This poster had success with his back hair, so far. I've included his first post and most recent posts, but you can follow his posts in between by using the search feature. I know this is not post six months after laser, but will update if Keith comes back down the road.

FIRST POST:

#102899 - Sat Dec 01 2012 07:06 PM Back Hair removal
Keithc71
Contributor

Decided to have laser done on back and upper back trap area. Went through first treatment with gentleLase 18 spot 18J made me grit teeth but skin tolerated fine. I am fitzpatrick 3 with course black hair and am older in 40's. I don't have alot of hope with this as I don't see many stories regarding back hair removal success if any but I decided I have to try something. I'm only 3 days later and already feel stubble coming in the treatment areas.From what I have researched this laser is the best for black course hair and if it doesnt work I will not get results from any other laser. Since my skin handled the 18J settings ok should I ask the Tech to bump to 20J for next treatment? Also would like to hear from men who have had any success at all with back hair removal

RECENT POST AFTER GUS FOURTH TREATMENT:

#107100 - Yesterday at 11:53 PM Re: Back Hair removal [Re: LAgirl]
Keithc71
Contributor

Finished my 4th treatment and have had very good results. Only regret I have with laser is that I didn't do this years ago. Wish I took before photos and after but I didn't.

Edited by dfahey (05/23/13 12:29 PM)
Edit Reason: Added info
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#107118 - 05/23/13 11:45 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Six months from the start of treatment... ummm I look forward to congratulating Keithc71, but in my opinion, classify this case as a success is premature.

#107305 - 06/01/13 04:33 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Ennovi]
Amira Offline

I joined this forum right around the time I started laser hair treatment for extreme facial hair, so it has been over two years! It has been over one year since the last time I had a treatment.

I am a woman with PCOS and so I was concerned about hair regrowth. I have had some minor hair regrowth and will probably go back for a touch-up in a month or so, but my facial hair was SO BAD before and is so minor now that I can hardly believe it. I wish I had gotten laser hair removal years ago.

To give you some sense of the improvement, before I had laser treatments I had to shave daily if I didn't want a visible beard. Even daily, I would end up with a noticeable 5 o'clock shadow. My face felt like sandpaper all of the time.

Now, though I do have some hair regrowth, I can shave with a crappy electric razor (no nicks!) about once a week, and most of the hair I'm shaving is unnoticeable light peach fuzz. My face feels soft and smooth.

1. Area(s) treated: face including neck, chin, cheeks, upper lip
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 1 year
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s)- skin type II and coarse black facial hair
4. Device used and settings (if known): Light Shear laser. I don't remember the settings, but it was high enough that it hurt!
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 90%
6. Name and location of clinic: Christina Clinic in Roseville, Minnesota ( Minneapolis / St. Paul area). I would *highly* recommend them. My technician was very experienced and they did a fantastic job.
7. Finishing with electrolysis? Maybe some day, but I don't feel it is necessary right now.

#107827 - 07/09/13 09:39 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Amira]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Reposting from Cosmetic Enhancements Forum (poster wits'end):

This is long overdue, but I started large-scale LHR back in 2008 and didn't end up posting my final results. I was back very recently for some facial treatment but aside from that I hadn't been back in over 2 years. I am a very slim, healthy 26 year old with regular periods. I have been tested for hormone problems and did not have abnormal levels, though that doesn't mean I don't have a sensitivity to androgens. My ovaries look polycystic but my doctor says I do not have the syndrome.

1. Area(s) treated: full leg, bikini, abdomen, underarms, nipples, neck/chin/jawline
2. How long it's been since last treatment: over 2 years for the mostpart. As mentioned, I was back this week as I'm getting growth on my neck and jawline but it's new pattern and possibly hormonal.
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s) very fair skin, coarse dark hair
4. Device used and settings (if known) Alexandrite (I think). Not sure of settings.
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s) 95%
6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!) Laserase Scotland (Aberdeen Clinic at Albyn Medical Practise). I see Dr Robertson. They travel between their Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh clinics
7. Finishing with electrolysis? No, don't see the need in those areas that I've finished laser on.

My clinic comes highly recommended. It was expensive and took longer than initially expected but it has entirely turned my life around. I pretty much no longer shave my legs, bikini and underarms. I do it maybe once a week and it's basically just quickly running the razor over and stray hairs. I used to be plagues with thick, dark, widespread hair that was near impossible to deal with. I can honestly say it has transformed so many aspects of my life and I could not be more delighted.

As mentioned above, I have started to get more facial hair as I'm getting older. It's mainly along my jawline and all down the front of my neck. The NHS has been near useless on this front, and I'm opting to go back for laser on this area (and my upper lip while I'm at it, but the hair is pretty fine here). It's much simpler as the appointment today only took around 10 minutes.

Dr Robertson is a lovely, chatty woman who very much put me at ease. Initally, I was going for 1.5 hour sessions due to the number of areas being treated, and there was never a dull moment for the entire duration. My underarms were quick to cease growing hair, as was my bikini. Legs took longer, and face is ongoing.

I didn't photograph every region, but this gives you some idea. The before pictures were taken pre-treatment, c. 2007. The after ones I took today, 2 years after having had my last treatment on these areas. The 'after' pictures are fairly indicative of what I look like having done little to no shaving. Warning: there is an 'ick' factor to the before images. Honestly, I haven't looked at them in years and it made me feel sick - I don't recognise myself!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2zp2hbk.jpg

#107833 - 07/09/13 11:59 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for your post. I also am appreciating the results i have gotten from LHR. It didn't work entirely or at all in areas but it truly has made a noticeable difference for which i am grateful.
My question for you relates to your leg hair. Though dark it does look soft and fine. We are told repeatedly on this sight that this type of hair will not work! Did it work for you? On your knees too? Can you Please elaborate on this area! Thank you.
ELECTROLYSIS- Scammed by the one in my town. Whenever possible, while traveling out of town,I try to get electrolysis on face. Very Challenging overall due to lack of professionals available .Many treatments done on only a tiny area of my face yet there still seems to be alot of hair growing there. Seems an impossible dream at this point frown

#108931 - 09/10/13 05:37 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
parttimejob Offline

3 years later and I get maybe 2 or 3 strays a week. This is compared to 50-100 hairs I used to get a day.

I am back on the forum now because I want to get laser next on my thighs. The place I went to that used GentleLase is now out of business. Looks like I have a research project in front of me to find a new place and probably a new laser.

Just thought I'd give a quick update.

#109084 - 09/14/13 07:39 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: parttimejob]
anotherdude Offline
Major Contributor

1. Area(s) treated : Chest & Stomach
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 14 months.
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): skin type III dark hair
4. Device used and settings:
Candela GentleLase, GentleMax, GentleLase Pro; Cynosure Elite MPX all lasers in Alexandrite mode. 18mm spot, 16-20 joules, 10-3 ms pulse. 15mm spot on last sessions for finer hairs, 20-24 joules. 8 treatments total, 10-12 weeks apart with touch-ups at 2-3 weeks.
6. Romeo & Juliet Laser Hair Removal in NYC.
7. Finishing with electrolysis: (shoulder areas for now)

My before photos taken in May 2010

Photo 14 months after final laser treatment July 2013

#109095 - 09/14/13 11:49 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: anotherdude]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Nice reduction. Thank you very much for sharing! This gives people hope.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#110206 - 10/29/13 02:02 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
ckelly10 Offline

1. Area(s) treated:

bikini

2. How long it's been since last treatment:

1 Year and Half (approx)

3. Your skin and hair type on that area:

Jet Black Hair, Fair Skin

GentleLase (Candela) - not sure on setting

5. Estimated % of reduction in the area:

85-90%

6. Name and location of clinic:

Premier Laser Clinic, London

7. Finishing with electrolysis?:

No

#111164 - 12/12/13 05:31 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: ckelly10]
Nooch34 Offline
Contributor

Can you share more about the technique that was applied here please. Reduction looks fantastic and natural too! I am inetrested to hear more about how it was done!!

#111224 - 12/16/13 11:14 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: Nooch34]
mark.qwerty Offline
Contributor

1. Area(s) treated:
- Male Brazilian
- Underarms
- Legs

2. How long it's been since last treatment:
- 6+ months

3. Your skin and hair type on that area:
- Olive/Mediterranean skin that tan's easily. Dark hair

GentleLase PRO (Candela)

5. Estimated % of reduction in the area:
- Brazilian & Underarms 90%+
- Legs 70%+
- Remaining hair is very fine

6. Name and location of clinic:
- Laser Clinics Australia, Sydney

7. Finishing with electrolysis?:
Yes - just for Brazilian stragglers

Started Feb 2012 and as of June 2013:

* Full Brazillian
- GentleLase - 4 treatments - 18J, 18 Spot, 8w+ gaps.
- GentleLase PRO - 3 treatments - 16J, 18J, 18J, 18 Spot
- 95% hair gone smile

* Full legs
- GentleLase PRO - 3 treatments, 18 Spot,12j, 14j,14j
- great/desired reduction smile

* Underarms
- GentleLase PRO - 3 treatments - 18 Spot, 14j, 16j, 16j
- 95% reduction - all done smile

#111225 - 12/16/13 12:56 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: mark.qwerty]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I'm very happy for you. Thank you for posting your success story, MQ. This follows what I see as an electrologist for these areas where laser reduction works wonderfully well.

Your input is very much appreciated!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#113997 - 06/05/14 04:09 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: dfahey]
HayleySoSweet Offline

Loc: Texas
1. Area(s) treated: Full leg and "brazilian"

2. How long it's been since last treatment: 6 months +

3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): Light/yellow skin. Very thick, dense black hair that grew very fast; I was shaving every morning and would have stubble within 5 hours.

4. Device used and settings (if known): Alexandrite laser; I had 8 treatments on legs and 7 on "brazilian"

5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 90% on legs (yay!), 95% on bikini line (yay!), no reduction at all on mons pubis, but that doesn't bother me

6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): Sona Med Spa in Dallas, TX

7. Finishing with electrolysis?: No

I do have hair growing back on my thighs and a few stragglers on my lower legs, but it's so fine and soft that I can easily remove it with depilatory cream. Last month, I was able to go on vacation and wear a bikini for the first time in nearly 10 years. It's been life changing.

Personally, I don't feel the need to have further treatments.

#114253 - 07/01/14 04:38 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
rancho Offline

Glad to hear the news everyone, very inspiring! smile

#114258 - 07/01/14 06:59 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: anotherdude]
LDLD Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By: anotherdude
1. Area(s) treated : Chest & Stomach
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 14 months.
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): skin type III dark hair
Candela GentleLase, GentleMax, GentleLase Pro; Cynosure Elite MPX all lasers in Alexandrite mode. 18mm spot, 16-20 joules, 10-3 ms pulse. 15mm spot on last sessions for finer hairs, 20-24 joules. 8 treatments total, 10-12 weeks apart with touch-ups at 2-3 weeks.
6. Romeo & Juliet Laser Hair Removal in NYC.
7. Finishing with electrolysis: (shoulder areas for now)

My before photos taken in May 2010

Photo 14 months after final laser treatment July 2013

Great reduction indeed!

Is it possible to get these kinds of results as a Type IV-V skin tone?

I've only had bad experiences with LHR thus far...

#114398 - 07/11/14 01:14 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
ExSydneyGorilla Offline
Contributor

#114524 - 07/23/14 09:02 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: LAgirl]
laurenramona Offline

Hello, I am new to this forum but have been undergoing laser treatments for over a year now with one specialist in NYC. My story is below:

1. Area(s) treated: full brazilian, underarms and inner thigh
2. How long it's been since last treatment: 5 weeks
3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): Type II, dark coarse hair on bikini and inner thighs and underarms
4. Device used and settings (if known):not sure
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 90% reduction in all areas, 100% reduction on bikini line.
6. Name and location of clinic: LASER NURSE, Address: 251 5th Ave, New York, NY 10016
Phone:(917) 656-2106
Email: laserhairremoval@earthlink.net
7. Finishing with electrolysis? no

I have been getting waxed since I was in college. I have extremely dense hair follicles and since I began waxing, I had developed extremely painful ingrown hairs in my bikini area. I tried every waxing salon for awhile, not realizing that it was the waxing that was aggravating my ingrowns. When I say I had bad ingrowns, I am not kidding. Every waxing specialist would take one look at me and say, "wow, that's bad." They would all give me their own remedies of exfoliating, and selling me their magic cream, not believing me when I told them I already did it all! Nothing helped. I felt hopeless and truly humiliated whenever I had to wear a bikini.
I did a little research on laser hair removal and thought I'd give it a try. I got a free consultation at Completely Bare in NYC and their prices were absurdly unaffordable. Then, I found Lynda. I met with her and she took a look at my bikini area and said the same thing that the waxers said, "wow, that's bad." She was honest in telling me it would take a few sessions over the course of several months, but eventually, I should see good results with the laser treatment. Her prices were astoundingly affordable and it was worth it to me to try it. She was exactly correct, it took until the third treatment to begin to really see results. I decided to get my entire area lasered to prevent any further ingrown hairs. Slowly but surely, I began to see truly incredible results. Now, I have so little hair on my bikini line and what hair I do have is extremely fine. What's even better is that the scars have healed. I have no more ingrown hairs anywhere. I do go back every few months for a touch up (and I've begun to have other areas done now) but I am so amazed and grateful for what Lynda did for me. It's pretty brutal to go through your life dreading every moment you have to put on a bathing suit. Now, I can wear it confidently without constantly pulling down my bikini bottoms.
I also genuinely appreciate Lynda 's generosity in offering affordable prices. I hope her business continues to grow and other people can benefit from this experience as I did.

#115799 - 10/11/14 07:03 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: laurenramona]
BLee Offline
Contributor

I haven't posted here since 2006! I read this place for a long time, then fell away. I came back today to read about a home system that sounded promising (but is not, unfortunately).

I began in 2005 (Oct) with upper lip and chin. I had whatever the full package is (6? treatments?) Not sure of how many as I didn't keep notes on all of it.

Due to the lateness of the tech one day, I got a free underarm treatment. The results were so impressive that I signed up for the full package. That was in 2006-7.

I've had small bits done on the face, once or twice around the bikini area and around the bellybutton (twice).

Finally in April of 2010, I did the legs, followed by once more in March of 2013 just before I left Florida for good. I had touch-ups all around too.

I have very fair skin and very dark brown hair (well, I'm middle-aged, but lots of my hair is still dark).

The tech used the Alexandrite Gentlelase, set at 14 (I know...but it's what she used). Pain level for me is extremely high (I have fibromyalgia that doesn't help in that matter) so I used lidocaine ahead of the procedures after the first time.

This was through my gynecologist's office. I had two different techs (not sure why they got rid of the first one) and both were very good and I got my money's worth.

Results: For me, skin laser treatment, for the most part, was excellent, with one exception:

Upper lip. 99% hair gone. No issues there. Perfect results.

Underarms. I'd say 95% gone and what remains (about 5 hairs) is very light and thin and I just do two swipes of the razor when they return - like once a month or every other month. You can't even see them when they come back. Superb results.

Chin: The only area with which I'm unhappy. I still have all kinds of stray hairs which I now pluck. There are about 7 or 8 on my face too. Note that I'm a post-menopausal woman (had it hit very early when I was only 44. I'm 56 now).

Legs: In spite of only having 2 treatments due to cost and then running out of time (I ran in to get treatment #2 right before we moved out-of-state) I had super results. I'd say I had 75% hair reduction and what came back instead of being black and thick is light brown and thin. I can go a rather long time without shaving what's left and what is there is very light and hard for others to see. smile

So for me, for the most part, laser was awesome. I wish the legs were a bit cheaper to do. I hadn't thought of doing more, but after reading up here, perhaps I will but I have to find someone (I moved up to NC). If you've light skin and dark hair, GO FOR IT.

My mom didn't have success with electrolysis and for me, the pain factor would probably rule that out. The laser itself wasn't like a "rubber band snapping" it was like someone set that rubber band on fire THEN snapped it on my leg! *grin*

Ideally, before my hair turns white. I wouldn't mind 1-2 more times on the legs and a really good touch-up on the neck and chin. But other than the neck and chin, I'm 100% satisfied with laser and grateful I could afford a bit of it (it's expensive) and that I still had dark hair to target. My mom, who still has to deal with her upper lip, is jealous. I had my youngest, who has the same upper lip issue) go several times to get her upper lip zapped.

That's my story. I can't believe I joined this forum 9 years ago. Time flies.

#118142 - 05/11/15 04:21 PM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: butterfly4444]
MayBelle Offline
Contributor

Did the laser work for the thin hairs? I have thin hairs with pigment

#122780 - 10/01/16 01:36 AM Re: Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post [Re: meowmeow]
ExSydneyGorilla Offline
Contributor

Here is my success story after a decade! Success after 10 Years!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Magnification, the ultimate question....
by dimi
08:46 PM
Beard Electrolysis
by adamj95
07:47 PM
In need of some feedback
by Iluv2zap
01:33 PM
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Iluv2zap
12:00 AM
Over the counter numbing cream
by yb
02:39 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9520
James W. Walker VII 8028
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
1 registered (Kim Rimmer), 112 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod