Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 5 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#70580 - 03/02/10 10:45 AM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 * [Re: James W. Walker VII]
PrincessNoodles Offline

James,

I bought a Fischer SE-4 a few months ago (I posted about it in another thread). I am having a lot of difficulty locating a manual for it. You mentioned that a person can get one mailed or even sent via PDF. I checked the Fischer website and can't find one on there. I have been unable to locate one in other places as well.

Do you have any suggestions on where I can obtain a manual?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
#70581 - 03/02/10 10:51 AM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: PrincessNoodles]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
You need only call them on the phone.
A PDF emailed to you would be free. Mailing a hard copy would cost you a small amount to cover the printing and shipping costs.

Since this is something you will probably only use for a week, I suggest the PDF and you print it on your own paper and slide it into a small clear plastic presentation folder. Your costs would be less than the shipping charges.

#72258 - 04/05/10 04:27 PM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: James W. Walker VII]
jkej Offline

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Hi!
I've been thinking about buying an electrolysis machine on ebay for some time now. I've started to check regularly what types of machines are available and at what prices.
I'm wondering about analog blend machines. They seem to be more abundant and significantly less expensive. From what I understand they work pretty much the same as the newer digital ones except you set currents manually instead of using built-in programs. Are there any other major differences? How big difference does these programs make? Is it like night and day? Are the programs more useful as a beginner or as an advanced user?

I'm considering buying an analog machine to start practicing together with a friend but if I'm convinced they're significantly inferior I might consider waiting until I can find a not too expensive digital machine.

#72260 - 04/05/10 05:21 PM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: jkej]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I would definitely get an analog. They are not inferior for what you want to do and are probably safer for a non-professional. It would be prudent to NOT do any facial work as you may scar each other as beginners. An Ultra Clareblend would be great and there appear to many around for sale these days below $1,000. Any serious professional electrologist who has a pretty good client base would be wise to to get the best equipment possible, but a buddy system requires much less fanciness because there is no money being being exchanged. Again, steer clear from your facial areas as beginners.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#72274 - 04/05/10 07:54 PM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: dfahey]

Top 10 Contributor

The highest end machines would feel more comfortable, if used properly, but I don't think the difference in the hands of absolute beginners would be worth an extra $1,000 in difference.

#72290 - 04/06/10 12:12 AM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: James W. Walker VII]
JoJo2753 Offline

Loc: Orange County, CA
I found a silhouet-tone posted on ebay right now for a very cheap price. Some of you might be interested in it and might want to check it out.

#72316 - 04/06/10 01:52 PM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: JoJo2753]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Is it a VMC? The VMC model is the best that Sil-Tone offers. It is a lovely epilator. One can disable the thermolysis side and do straight galvanic only which would be where a neophyte would want to start anyway. It will be pricey though, like $2,500 used unless the seller under prices it unkowingly.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#72324 - 04/06/10 03:49 PM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: dfahey]
jkej Offline

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Thank you for the quick replies!
I assure you I understand the risks of scarring from DIY-electrolysis and I do not plan to do any facial work unless I become sufficiently skilled.

I wonder if I understand the functionality of some of the analog Clareblend models.
I guess the one you call Ultra Clareblend is this one: Clareblend UltraBlend
Yesterday a Clareblend Model #8301 was sold for $112.50.
There is also this one for sale on ebay now: Clareblend Model #8101

From the look of the pictures, 8101 seems to be the simplest with just one dial to set the galvanic current and one to set the thermolysis energy. The 8301 seems to be similar but with an added autoblend unit, which I assume somehow automatically match the thermolysis energy to the galvanic current so you only need to turn one dial. The Ultrablend looks more modern but it is hard for me to tell what extra features it has. It seems to be able to do flash thermolysis but I guess this is not something I will use until much later in my learning process. What other advantages does it offer compared to the older models?

Btw, is this the Silhouet-Tone machine you are talking about? I am a bit curious about it too. Can anyone identify the model and say anything about it?

#72327 - 04/06/10 05:06 PM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: jkej]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

No, this is not the VMC model, but still it is a decent machine. ClareBlend would be best for you.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#72338 - 04/06/10 06:44 PM Re: Legitimate electrolysis machines on eBay part 3 [Re: dfahey]

Top 10 Contributor

I know of a VMC available if anyone is looking. Just contact me for details.

Page 5 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 52 53 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
All about Laser Hair Removal (LHR) in a long shot
by Silvana
Yesterday at 02:51 PM
Tweezers
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Guidance on after care
by Pkanji
Yesterday at 02:31 PM
Laser hair removal in London
by Applepie
07/16/18 03:18 PM
Soprano Platinum 3 lasers in 1. Is it good?
by Camouflage
07/15/18 07:20 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3450
Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod