Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#75172 - 06/05/10 11:24 AM laser hair removal in Estonia
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello everyone smile
My name is Mannu and I write from Estonia, Northern Europe. I am glad that I found this forum because in our country laser hair removal is a so called 'new' thing - not much is known nor written about it, we have no forums where people share their thoughts or experience.
I have a pale skin and dark hair. I see LHR as the only possibility to find confidence again. I have put aside some money to do it but I'm not sure which clinic should I choose.
I can choose between 4 lasers used:
Lightsheer ET, ELOS, Candela and also IPL.
The chepest pick would be Lightsheer (lower legs cost around 150 US dollars while Candela's servise costs around 250 US dollars)so that I'd go for it if You recommended it. I read some topics where people discussed about diferent laser types and I did'nt find Lightsheer ET among others.
ANd I would ask one more question:
I have very fast hairgrowth. for instance after waxing my skin stays hairless for maybe 4 days maximum.
So waxing is not even a solution for me because I get ingorwn hair and the results are not worth it. I want to make sure that the fact that my hair grow back very fast doesn't mean that after laser hair removal treatments my hair grow back faster than to the patients with slower hair
growth?

I'd be very glad If you found time to answer me smile

Sponsored Links
#75173 - 06/05/10 11:32 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

The fact that your hair to grow rapidly after the waxing is a good indication for you to be a good candidate for laser.

As for choosing the best laser for you, there are people here who know how to advise you better than me. Odi, Romeo, LAgirl, etc .....

#75174 - 06/05/10 02:24 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: ]
odi Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Lightsheer is a decent diode laser, ELOS is IPL which is mostly waste of money, Candela is a company name that has mainly 2 versions for hair removal which are GentleLase (alex) for light skin and GentleYag (Yag) which is for dark skin. Both of Candela's lasers are good depending if your skin matches the specific machine that the clinic has.
IPL is... IPL which is mostly useless and we don't recommend.
There are a few IPL machines that give good results but they are few and are likely to cost just as much if not more than other true laser machines, so you will have to be specific there.

#75230 - 06/07/10 04:44 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: odi]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I would only choose between LightSheer and GentleLASE (Candela makes GentleLASE, but also other machines. Which one do they have?).

LightSheer is more difficult to use. I would only choose it over Candela's machines if you can be confident the clinic knows what they're doing.

Go in for consultations and ask the settings they're using. Get a test spot done.

#75794 - 06/21/10 04:16 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Thank you for answering!

Now I know I have to choose between LightSheer and Candela. I found out that the company uses Candela GentleLase Plus which should be the best laser by Candela, right?
I also can assure that the clinic which uses LightSheer ET knows what they're doing.

After reading one article about hair coarseness and seeing the pictures I do not know any longer if hair on my legs are coarse enough. It is a problem for me since we have no electrolysis in Estonia..

#75796 - 06/21/10 05:24 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Lower legs usually get good results. If you can post photos, it would help.

Either GentleLASE or GentleMAX is fine.

#77748 - 08/11/10 09:47 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hey!

I finally had my consultation this week. It was far from what I expected because I heared the same things I had read earlier from the company's webpage. The clinic uses LightSheer ET as I've mentioned before.
Anyway, the doctor didn't do a test patch and when I asked about the joules or pulse widht, she said I shouldn't worry because they only have skilled professionals.. what she did say was that they use more power eatch time, starting with lower settings. Do you think the way the consultation was carried out was normal..?
As I started to distrust the clinic I decided to ask about Epitouch Alexandrite - would You recommend it?

Thanks!

Edited by udujoove (08/11/10 09:49 PM)

#77757 - 08/12/10 07:14 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
jackbarganza Offline

Thanks for providing such a wonderful information. I was looking for such information and found here.

#77862 - 08/16/10 05:16 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: jackbarganza]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

LightSheer is fine in good hands.

It's not good to start with low settings. There is no benefit to you. You need to have them test your skin to figure out the highest settings your skin can handle so you can be aggressive from the start and get good results in fewer treatments.

#77999 - 08/22/10 12:46 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello again!

I will have my first LHR session tomorrow with Lightsheer. I don't know if they have the intension to test my skin but I'll ask for it definitely.
What are the best settings to start with? (My skin type is II-III)
And I would also like to know whether I should exfoliate my skin before shaving with shaving gel and moisturise it afterwards to get better results?

Edited by udujoove (08/22/10 12:47 PM)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
texaselectrolysissto
re.com

by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
My experience, theories and questions
by zapmyface
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Laser or electrolysis for leg and butt? (pics)
by Scurvy
02/21/18 10:57 PM
My thigh: PIH or ingrown hairs? With pictures
by FTM042014
02/20/18 11:02 AM
Can you kill your sweat glands with electrolysis?
by James W. Walker VII
02/19/18 03:45 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9644
James W. Walker VII 8054
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3237
Who's Online
1 registered (Julie Jacob), 126 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod