Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#75172 - 06/05/10 11:24 AM laser hair removal in Estonia
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello everyone smile
My name is Mannu and I write from Estonia, Northern Europe. I am glad that I found this forum because in our country laser hair removal is a so called 'new' thing - not much is known nor written about it, we have no forums where people share their thoughts or experience.
I have a pale skin and dark hair. I see LHR as the only possibility to find confidence again. I have put aside some money to do it but I'm not sure which clinic should I choose.
I can choose between 4 lasers used:
Lightsheer ET, ELOS, Candela and also IPL.
The chepest pick would be Lightsheer (lower legs cost around 150 US dollars while Candela's servise costs around 250 US dollars)so that I'd go for it if You recommended it. I read some topics where people discussed about diferent laser types and I did'nt find Lightsheer ET among others.
ANd I would ask one more question:
I have very fast hairgrowth. for instance after waxing my skin stays hairless for maybe 4 days maximum.
So waxing is not even a solution for me because I get ingorwn hair and the results are not worth it. I want to make sure that the fact that my hair grow back very fast doesn't mean that after laser hair removal treatments my hair grow back faster than to the patients with slower hair
growth?

I'd be very glad If you found time to answer me smile

Sponsored Links
#75173 - 06/05/10 11:32 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

The fact that your hair to grow rapidly after the waxing is a good indication for you to be a good candidate for laser.

As for choosing the best laser for you, there are people here who know how to advise you better than me. Odi, Romeo, LAgirl, etc .....

#75174 - 06/05/10 02:24 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: ]
odi Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Lightsheer is a decent diode laser, ELOS is IPL which is mostly waste of money, Candela is a company name that has mainly 2 versions for hair removal which are GentleLase (alex) for light skin and GentleYag (Yag) which is for dark skin. Both of Candela's lasers are good depending if your skin matches the specific machine that the clinic has.
IPL is... IPL which is mostly useless and we don't recommend.
There are a few IPL machines that give good results but they are few and are likely to cost just as much if not more than other true laser machines, so you will have to be specific there.

#75230 - 06/07/10 04:44 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: odi]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I would only choose between LightSheer and GentleLASE (Candela makes GentleLASE, but also other machines. Which one do they have?).

LightSheer is more difficult to use. I would only choose it over Candela's machines if you can be confident the clinic knows what they're doing.

Go in for consultations and ask the settings they're using. Get a test spot done.

#75794 - 06/21/10 04:16 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Thank you for answering!

Now I know I have to choose between LightSheer and Candela. I found out that the company uses Candela GentleLase Plus which should be the best laser by Candela, right?
I also can assure that the clinic which uses LightSheer ET knows what they're doing.

After reading one article about hair coarseness and seeing the pictures I do not know any longer if hair on my legs are coarse enough. It is a problem for me since we have no electrolysis in Estonia..

#75796 - 06/21/10 05:24 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Lower legs usually get good results. If you can post photos, it would help.

Either GentleLASE or GentleMAX is fine.

#77748 - 08/11/10 09:47 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hey!

I finally had my consultation this week. It was far from what I expected because I heared the same things I had read earlier from the company's webpage. The clinic uses LightSheer ET as I've mentioned before.
Anyway, the doctor didn't do a test patch and when I asked about the joules or pulse widht, she said I shouldn't worry because they only have skilled professionals.. what she did say was that they use more power eatch time, starting with lower settings. Do you think the way the consultation was carried out was normal..?
As I started to distrust the clinic I decided to ask about Epitouch Alexandrite - would You recommend it?

Thanks!

Edited by udujoove (08/11/10 09:49 PM)

#77757 - 08/12/10 07:14 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
jackbarganza Offline

Thanks for providing such a wonderful information. I was looking for such information and found here.

#77862 - 08/16/10 05:16 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: jackbarganza]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

LightSheer is fine in good hands.

It's not good to start with low settings. There is no benefit to you. You need to have them test your skin to figure out the highest settings your skin can handle so you can be aggressive from the start and get good results in fewer treatments.

#77999 - 08/22/10 12:46 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello again!

I will have my first LHR session tomorrow with Lightsheer. I don't know if they have the intension to test my skin but I'll ask for it definitely.
What are the best settings to start with? (My skin type is II-III)
And I would also like to know whether I should exfoliate my skin before shaving with shaving gel and moisturise it afterwards to get better results?

Edited by udujoove (08/22/10 12:47 PM)

#78035 - 08/23/10 04:19 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

We don't recommend anything under 25J on this machine for your skin type. Your skin should definitely be able to handle it and higher. Also, they need to use compression. Did they?

No need to exfoliate or moisturize. Just shave 1-2 days prior so that you have a bit of stubble visible.

Let us know how shedding goes in 3 weeks. Whatever doesn't shed, wasn't affected and needs a touchup.

Does their Lightsheer have a 9mm or 12mm spot size?

#78104 - 08/25/10 07:26 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Thank you very much, LAgirl!

I will share my emotions and experience with you.

I had my lower legs treated with Lightsheer ET.
The practitioner used a transparent gel which had to cool my skin. She glided the spot for about 3 cm, hung it up and then glided again for 3 cm and it felt that she rolled over one place more than once.
The procedure did hurt but not very much, it was more of inconvenience than pain. After two days my skin looks like it looked after waxing - I have red dots on my skin.
I was told it is better not to shave between treatments, only the night right before my next appointment. And that the next appointment should be within 4-6 weeks.

I am planning to have my bikini line treated too but I will wait for at least 3 weeks to see how the shedding goes.

What are your impressions?

#78105 - 08/25/10 07:40 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

4-6 weeks is too early. Legs also have long hair cycles. If shedding happens like it should, you shouldn't have any new hair to treat for 8-12 weeks.

Many glide using LightSheer. The important thing is that they press down when they do. It's a common issue - settings can be good, but without compression, they're not effective.

Definitely wait for shedding here first before adding any more areas.

#78476 - 09/13/10 04:19 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

It's been 3 weeks since my first LHR. About 50% of the hair has fallen out, not more, and I also have pepperspots. I was treated with 25J. It's interesting that after waxing my skin reacted much more than after LHR treatment.
I don't know what I should do now because that clinic offers no touch-ups and that makes me really dissapointed.

#78481 - 09/13/10 08:00 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

How much of the hair is actually growing as usual? Pepperspots are dead hairs, so don't count those.

#78505 - 09/14/10 07:14 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

About 50% of the hair is growing as usual.

#78510 - 09/14/10 08:48 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Can you find out the settings used? Also, it doesn't sound like they used compression, which is an issue.

You should ask for a touchup on missed hair (whatever is growing at this point as usual was missed). But I would find out the settings first so you know whether you need to push them to increase them for the touchup.

#78523 - 09/15/10 06:36 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello, LAgirl!

I only know that I was treated with 25J. When I asked about the spot size, she didn't know, and showed me the spot so I could figure out myself which I didn't, of course.
And I don't know whether she used compression or not, supposedly not. Does it mean she had to push the spot close to my skin not just glide gently?

It seems to me I'm in a big mess - when I am gonna try to make clear to them that I need a touchup, I'm left with empty hands.

#78528 - 09/15/10 02:08 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, she needed to press the laser against the skin. I would call and ask for a touchup with the most experienced person there (who at least knows what a spot size is) and make sure they press!

#79687 - 10/25/10 03:32 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Now it has been 10 weeks apart and I am considering having a new treatment. I didn't have a touchup because they don't offer touchups.

Now I don't have a clue what to do next. Should I repeat there (because I see some shedding and quite many hair are stuck in hair follicles) or should I go for Gentlelase Plus?
The reason why I am confused AT ALL is that the clinic that uses Gentlelase has much more expensive prices, for instance lower legs with Lightsheer cost 170$ and with Gentlelase 300$
Do people in general get earlier and/or better results with Gentlelase?

#79714 - 10/26/10 03:04 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

If the clinic knows how to use LightSheer well (it's more difficult to use) and is using good settings, it's definitely fine to stick with it.

#79718 - 10/26/10 03:10 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

What would be good setting for the second treatment? They started with 25J.
And.. as about half of the hair shed I am not sure if they know how to use Lightsheer well. ALthough I might try to advise them on pressing the spot against the skin which would be awkward..

#79721 - 10/26/10 03:15 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Compression is important, i.e. using the up-and-down method and pressing each time.

They should test your skin and see what your skin can handle safely above 25J. 25J should be the minimum they should use. We can't really advise how high you can go. This is something that they need to test your skin for.

#81024 - 12/14/10 06:25 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Time to share my experience again.

I had my second LHR treatment with Lightsheer 7 weeks ago on lower legs and bikini line. I saw almost a complete shedding on both lower legs and bikini line. But now, 7 weeks later, most of the hair has grown back on my legs, although they are much finer than they used to be. Is that a bad sign that they have mostly grown back? What comes to bikini line then I am still satisfied with the results.

#81025 - 12/14/10 06:26 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

It sounds normal. You should be getting another treatment in the next 1-3 weeks.

#82045 - 01/19/11 09:22 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

I had my third treatment on lower legs, bikini line and part of my upper legs done 3 and a half weeks ago.
This time I am not satisfied because only 50-60 percent of the hair treated have sheded although the practitioner used 33 joules this time and it hurt badly.
I am thinking of visiting them again and of paying for the treatments again.
May having a treatment in 5 weeks time be somehow bad for the hair cycles? Because I won´t be able to go earlier.
Thank you for answering!

#82057 - 01/20/11 02:45 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

You should ask them for a touchup. Sounds like they missed spots. It's best to do it now while the hair is in the right phase. Don't wait until 5 weeks. At that point, you might as well wait 10 weeks for your next treatment.

Did they use compression? Or they glided without pressing?

#82064 - 01/20/11 09:47 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello, Lagirl!

I called the clinic and ecplained that I have soooo many missed spots on my legs and they advised me on coming to the clinic tomorrow to show the areas treated.

Do people shave at home before getting a touchup? I mean.. is there a chance I get a touchup or will it just be a visit to show my concern?

And.. it is very hard to teff if they used compression or not because it hurt badly and I couldn't think of anything else but the pain. There are areas on my legs I know they treated meaning the laser touched the place but I see no shedding. And on lower legs I have so called hair-stripes so it seems there the laser just missed spots.

I am pretty much sure they don't offer touchups and going there means I have to pay again for the whole thing. Another concern is that they really don't even know the basic rules because on my consultation nothing about complete hair shedding between treatments was mentioned.

#82069 - 01/20/11 05:13 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I wouldn't shave. I would leave it so they can see all the missed spots. You can shave there.

Striping is definitely a result of not overlapping and gliding.

Even if they don't technically offer it, I think you should try to press them for a touchup based on the fact that you paid to treat the entire area, not 50% of it. I would point to striping as a definite clue that the area just wasn't covered well.

#82075 - 01/20/11 07:47 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

I won't shave and see what happens.

Is there a slight difference between having a touchup on a week 4 or 5? Is it useless in that case?

#82076 - 01/20/11 08:54 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

It's best to get it as close to 3 weeks as possible. Technically, it's better to get it the next day after the treatment, but you won't know what was missed then. 3 weeks is the earliest you can tell for sure.

#82170 - 01/23/11 07:50 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

I went to the clinic and they were willing to offer me a free touchup for lower legs. I didn't shave before so the practitioner could see the hair stripes.
I asked her to press the laserspot hard against my skin to see if that way the results would be better. She said she had never used that hard compression on anybody before.

My skin has not been that red and itching as this time, I have black-head alike dots all over the area treated, is that normal?

#82233 - 01/24/11 04:28 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, those are pepperspots. It's dead hair that will fall out. You can start exfoliating to help that process in a week or two.

It looks like you're teaching them to use the machine wink

#89785 - 07/12/11 09:52 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello!

I'll tell you what has happened to me in the meantime.

Right now I am having treatments with Candela because after each treatment with Lightsheer I had patchy skin and I was never satisfied with the results. With Lightsheer I had 4 tr on lower legs, 4 on bikini and 2 on upper.
I've had plus one treatment on each area with Candela Gentlelase laser.
The practitioner also treated my buttocks although I was not sure if the hair there were coarse enough (dark-yes).
Now after 5 weeks my buttocks are OK meaning not much hair growing there, but full of folliculitidis. I was asked to come back after 1,5 months to have my buttocks retreated.

How can I be sure that the laser works on my buttocks and doesn't induce hair growth? I can't provide a picture because there's nothing to see yet.

All the best,
M

#89793 - 07/12/11 07:27 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

What settings were used? What is your skin type?

You can't be sure unless you don't treat the area that doesn't have coarse dense growth.

#90111 - 07/20/11 09:08 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

My skin type is II.
My next treatment is on Friday- I'll ask for the settings then.

What comes to hair density, I have strong doubts.. I just watched photos most people in this forum said laser would do no good and I even don't have that dense hair. My hair is dark but not dense enough. Unfortunately there's no electrolysis in my country.

Should I go and have my next treatment or wait until my hair grow so I could post photos?
The doctor who treats my hair said nothing about me not being the perfect candidate.

#90112 - 07/20/11 10:06 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

There is no point of having a treatment if the hair has not fully grown in yet. Many clinics will just treat regardless and will say "sorry" when you get no results. I wouldn't waste your money if the hair is not coarse and dense.

You can potentially consider traveling to Germany or Spain for electrolysis once a month.

#90380 - 07/31/11 01:01 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello!

I skipped my last session and let my hair grow just to be sure what I do is right. I've made a few photos in order to let you decide what is best for me because clinic doesn't do that for me.

These photos are made from the back of my upper leg, the last one is the closest to the knee.

I found one clinic in my country that offers electrolysis. Here's the site:
http://www.janssen-beauty.ee/eng.htm
I don't know what to think of it..

Thank you!

Attachments
oioi 007.jpg (92 downloads)
oioi 012.jpg (81 downloads)
oioi 015.jpg (77 downloads)

#90412 - 08/01/11 02:23 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Your hair is fine and sparse and definitely needs electrolysis.

I don't see any information on the type of electrolysis machine this clinic uses and what method on their website. You may want to call and ask.

#90644 - 08/08/11 11:02 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Does it mean that laser is useless for me?

#90650 - 08/08/11 02:06 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I would say yes. Electrolysis is effective on any color or structure of hair. A modernly equipped electrologist who is skilled at performing the faster modalities of thermolysis, can whip through this area with excellent, permanent results. If you are fortunate enough to have someone nearby that fits this profile, then you will be satisfied.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#90651 - 08/08/11 02:16 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes

#90712 - 08/09/11 02:36 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

They use Apilus Cleo, the administrator knew nothing about the licence, she said 'probably'.

#90722 - 08/09/11 07:31 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
lefty2g1 Offline
Contributor

You can NOT BE ASSURED OF ANYTHING. There have been comments by people here who own any one of the lasers. When they bought it they did so because they felt it was the best. IT MIGHT BE THE SKILL OF THE OPERATOR NOT THE LASER TO MATCH UP YOUR HAIR TO THE LASER COLOR. I'M SURE ALL THE LASERS WORK. You will have to get a test area done by each,

#90723 - 08/09/11 07:48 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
lefty2g1 Offline
Contributor

You can NOT BE ASSURED OF ANYTHING. There have been comments by people here who own any one of the lasers. When they bought it they did so because they felt it was the best. IT MIGHT BE THE SKILL OF THE OPERATOR NOT THE LASER TO MATCH UP YOUR HAIR TO THE LASER COLOR. I'M SURE ALL THE LASERS WORK. You will have to get a test area done by each.the questuins you ask can ONLY be answered by a SKILLED, EXPERIENCED OPERATOR. They can not make a suggestion with any certainty without seeing the patient. Even then... it is ONLY AN OPINION BY SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO, IF THEY WERE REALLY THAT PROFICIENT , WOULD NEVER MAKE SUCH STATEMENTS. WOULD YOU GO TO A DOCTOR TO HAVE SURGERY WHO DID NOT SEE THE PATIENT FIRST?

All those who proclaim they are professionals have very little idea as to what "professionalism" constitutes. You can read that here every day. A course in ETHICS is needed.

As to getting a reference....NOBODY HERE HAS SEEN YOUR HAIR OR SKIN.

#90724 - 08/09/11 08:01 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
lefty2g1 Offline
Contributor

Maybe you are lucky there is no electrolysis there because that means there are no schools either. Results with laser and electrolysis are more dependent on the operator and experience than the machine.

#90726 - 08/09/11 08:15 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
lefty2g1 Offline
Contributor

Maybe you are lucky there is no electrolysis there because that means there are no schools either. Results with laser and electrolysis are more dependent on the operator and experience than the machine.

#90727 - 08/09/11 08:20 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: lefty2g1]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

There are "professionals" who base their advices on the repetition in the behavior of many cases through what they have seen over years of experience.
I have seen many cases of Laser where the results have been disappointing, although I've also seen a number of excellent cases.

#90729 - 08/09/11 09:49 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: ]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Is it really necessary to make 4 posts in a row?

#90732 - 08/09/11 10:01 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hey. I am about to ask the same thing I wanted to know before:
Is Apilus Cleo a trustable machine? I booked one time for one hour, perhaps it is not enough to cover even one third of the back of my upper leg, isn't it?

#90733 - 08/09/11 10:07 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

An average electrologist removes 5-10 hairs per minute. Skill is important. If they know what they're doing, this machine is cheap, but should be ok. Make sure they're not plucking.

#91213 - 08/24/11 06:38 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello again!

I had my first electrolysis session on Monday, here are the results.

I also added a photo of my leg hair aftr they've grown- are you still certain it's best to have electrolysis and not laser?

I ask this question because I could only do electrolysis once a month for half an hour because the practicioner's timetable is so full!

Thank you!!!

Attachments
hairtell 010.jpg (211 downloads)
hairtell 003.jpg (86 downloads)

#91223 - 08/24/11 10:07 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, the hair is pretty sparse and fine.

#91235 - 08/25/11 07:49 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
ayman01 Offline

Originally Posted By: udujoove
Hello again!

I had my first electrolysis session on Monday, here are the results.

I also added a photo of my leg hair aftr they've grown- are you still certain it's best to have electrolysis and not laser?

I ask this question because I could only do electrolysis once a month for half an hour because the practicioner's timetable is so full!

Thank you!!!

Wow, is that bruising from the electrolysis? I was thinking of having electrolysis done on my ears, but not if it causes unsightly marks and bruises like that.

How long did the red marks last by the way?

#91244 - 08/25/11 03:39 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: ayman01]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

There should be no bruising from electrolysis. I assumed it was something else.

#91287 - 08/26/11 03:46 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: LAgirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Unfortunately I got the big bruise from electrolysis. Here's the explanation I was given: near the knee (it's done on my upper leg, dorsum, near the knee) there are many little cappillaries and one or two of them were hit my the needle.

Is that sensible explanation or not?

And should electrolysis sessions on one area be spaced at least 3 weeks? Is it useless to go further if I can only have electrolysis done once every two months?

And is there a good healing cream you could recommend? I use only aroe vera gel.

Ayman01: it's 4 days after my first session and I have red dots still, it takes time to heal.

#91309 - 08/26/11 11:49 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
It might be what happened but it doesn't sound right to me.... at all... but what do I know. I hope some of the electrologists will speak up about this.

You can go once every 2 months instead if you can get cleared of all hair each time you go.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#91315 - 08/27/11 05:59 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
While this bruise is particularly nasty and unfortunate, it can happen occasionally, and will clear up, the rest looks like an average reaction from using non insulated probes. Give her another chance, now that she is aware of your potential to bruise, she will likely work a little more slowly and carefully next time.

#91322 - 08/27/11 12:32 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: C O'Connell]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hi Christine,

I have a question - are the bruises caused by the probe not being inserted in the follicle? Meaning, if the probe was accurately inserted, there is no chance of this happening?
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#91325 - 08/27/11 02:05 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I apologize for posting in this thread. I got a PM from someone regarding the difference between angiogenesis and petechiae, and forgot to respond. (It’s about bruising.)

The normal angiogenesis “red dot” will have a very sharp border that defines exactly where the follicle used to be. (This is normal, unavoidable, good, and visible on folks with thin white skin.) The dot from petechiae will be larger and have an irregular (diffused/spread out) border … almost like a star nebula. In the case of localized petechiae, perhaps the person was taking aspirin or other blood thinner, or such an event is special to their case. Also, if not on every follicle, this could be a micro-hemorrhage caused by inserting outside the follicle wall into a tiny blood vessel. In this case, blood leaks out into the surrounding tissue.

The bruise in the photo? I have never seen such a bruise caused by an electrolysis needle. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime event. Sometimes bruising takes place when local is administered, but not this large of a bruise (usually about a quarter of the size of a penny at most). Bruises always go away.

#91327 - 08/27/11 06:01 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: Michael Bono]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hi Michael, another question:

If the needle is inserted outside many follicles (rather than just one or two), into tiny blood vessels each time, over an area, could not a bruise like the above form?

#92341 - 09/28/11 08:37 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: Michael Bono]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello..

It's been 1,5 months after my first and probably last electrolysis treatment. I have quite large ugly scars on my legs and I have no courage to have another treatment. (to be mentioned- the place where I had my electrolysis session done is the only one in the country which offers the procedure)

I have a question- would it be a totally wrong decision to carry on with laser (Candela) according to my photos posted? I am losing hope..

Thank you

#96093 - 02/23/12 10:30 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Just to tell you mu story..

After posting pictures to this thread I found out that my hair was too fine for laser. I switched to electrolysis. In September I found out about my serious back problem. I had to visit the local swimming pool 4 times a week full of people. I got embarrassed. Too embarrassed to tell. I couldn't move on with electrolysis. Now here I am- still wasting money on laser and not getting too good results. At least I can enjoy a 3-4 week hair-free period after each session. I am frightened to increase the growth, I am afraid of what's next.

#96113 - 02/25/12 06:59 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
mumbaigirl Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Why are you wasting money on laser? Why don't you simply wax once a month or so?

I don't think your hair is VERY fine. You can still try GentleLase laser. It's pulse width is fixed at 3ms and it may be able to target your hair at high settings. Do get a patch test to check if you can take high settings on GentleLase without burning.

Electrolysis doesn't usually cause the kind of bruising you experienced. Instead of wasting money on bad laser treatments, you should save to fly to a good electrologist. There are some electrologists on this forum who can give you GREAT reduction in just 3 full clearances.

You can try water-proof cosmetic camouflage on your legs to hide the bruises. They should have faded away by now though..

#96120 - 02/25/12 09:54 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: mumbaigirl]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Thank you, mumbaigirl.

Right now I'm having treatments with Candela GentleLase Plus laser. So far my skin has reacted well, after 2-3 days it's back to normal again. How high are high settings? So I know what to ask.

What comes to electrolysis then it's not an opinion for me because I have to visit the local swimming pool 4 times a week and I couldn't stand those interested-laughing eyes on my legs frown

And waxing.. believe it or not but after 1 week I feel the stubble and in about 1,5 weeks I have bumps all over.

#96133 - 02/26/12 09:32 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
mumbaigirl Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Do you know what settings they are using on you right now?

14J or higher/3ms/18mm would be considered high on GentleLase. Some people who do not respond to the 18mm spot size respond to the 15 mm spot size. With the 15mm spot size, fluence should be 20+.

You can try burqini or swimming leggings to cover your legs while swimming. If I were you, I'd seriously consider electrolysis.

What bumps? Are they just red and inflammed? Or are they pus filled as well? Or are they in-grown hairs?

#96137 - 02/26/12 09:58 AM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: mumbaigirl]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

udujoove, how many LASER treatment did you do since your first post here? Did you get any results?

#96301 - 03/04/12 04:11 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: ekade]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello!!

Mumbaigirl - no, I don't know the setting used before. What I know is that the settings hasn't been risen since the second treatment and for now I have had 4 on my bikini area and 5 on my upper legs. The woman who treated me said there's no need to rise the settings when my hair responded well..
I had my last session 2 weeks ago and I can tell this time not much hair has fallen out. I definitely need to have a touch-up and probably rise the settings. I'll try to explain the need for a higher settings.
The bumps are inflammed and bus-filled.

Ekade- 4 on my bikini and buttocks, 5 on the back of my upper legs and 4 on my lower legs. I can tell that it has been worthy on my bikini area and lower legs- I don't have to shave so often and when I do I don't get bumps. It's not so good with my buttocks and back of my upper legs.

#122156 - 06/29/16 07:00 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
kljutsh Offline
Contributor

Loc: estonia/finland
Hi, udujoove! It's been quite some years since these posts here.. I wonder how it continued for You? I'm an Estonian also and in a similar spot. I am starting electrolysis now (in another salon though that comes recommended - well, I'll let You know how it went!). I have PCOS therefor have hirsutism as well. I've waxed through many years and have now decided to treat certain areas with electrolysis. Cheers!

#125765 - 02/11/18 03:29 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hey, klutsh! Where do you have your electrolysis done and what are the results?

#125766 - 02/11/18 03:42 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

Hello everyone!

Here I am again, after 6 years. I had a long pause in LHR and started again with it 1,5 years ago as electrolysis is still not available for large areas. I can tell that I had a success with the back of my upper legs as well as lower legs and I am almost hair free from there. I started to have laser treatments on my hands, the front of my upper legs and buttocks and have had 5 sessions with 18mm GentleLase so far. I have experienced shedding each time but here is my concern: it seems like I am experiencing a pradoxical hair growth on my upper hands in areas which were not even treated with laser. I also have a feeling that the hair on my upper arms are more dense now after the treatment. What areas are the most harmful for paradoxic hair growth? For women face and upper hands, right? I have also thought about the possibility of hormonal disbalance but upper hands are probably not that hormone-related? I will post pictures of those areas and I would like to know what are your thoughts about carrying on with laser and if yes then on which areas you would go for it and for which areas you'd definitey avoid it? Would using ice cooling next to treated areas be an option?

Edited by udujoove (02/11/18 04:30 PM)

#125767 - 02/11/18 04:14 PM Re: laser hair removal in Estonia [Re: udujoove]
udujoove Offline
Contributor

[img]http://tinypic.com/r/2qjd8ja/9[/img] (lower arm hair)
[img]http://tinypic.com/r/2qjd8ja/9[/img] (upper arm hair)
[img]http://tinypic.com/r/53pc2e/9[/img] (upper arm close to shoulders - the area wasn't treated, having new dark hair growing there)
[img]http://tinypic.com/r/53pc2e/9[/img] (buttocks)
[img]http://tinypic.com/r/2cx7wau/9[/img] (upper legs)

Edited by udujoove (02/11/18 04:23 PM)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
texaselectrolysissto
re.com

by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
My experience, theories and questions
by zapmyface
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Laser or electrolysis for leg and butt? (pics)
by Scurvy
02/21/18 10:57 PM
My thigh: PIH or ingrown hairs? With pictures
by FTM042014
02/20/18 11:02 AM
Can you kill your sweat glands with electrolysis?
by James W. Walker VII
02/19/18 03:45 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9644
James W. Walker VII 8054
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3237
Who's Online
1 registered (Julie Jacob), 126 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod