Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#75950 - 06/25/10 05:23 PM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: LAgirl]
MagicalPrincessKitty Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: California
I would love a tinted moisturizer, but I find they don't match my skin tone and are not full enough coverage. Plus they all look really orange, which I hate. I think the powder is what causes the caked-on look in my opinion, the foundation looks pretty natural until I add the powder. Because the powder sits on top of all my microscopic facial hairs, it makes me look really dusty. I started spiro two days ago to reduce my sebum production (and hair, of course), so I hope that I will be able to skip the multiple powder layers in the future. Then I suspect I won't even look like I'm wearing makeup (I'm a painter, so I am very meticulous about blending and texture when it comes to the liquid coverage).

That will be great, because I usually dress so casually. Do you know how ridiculous it looks to be wearing torn jeans, a sweatshirt, and 5 year old shoes, but then have your face done up like you're going to a ball? Haha. It's definitely not the look I am going for. :P

I hope fraxel works too. I am worried it may induce hair growth. I know photofacials can, do you know if fraxel carries much of a risk?

PS- Sorry if I sounded defensive. I'm just insecure, and I always wonder what awful things other girls may be hiding under the makeup as well.
1 laser session on right arm starting 07/02/10 (GenteLASE)
6.75 hrs electrolysis on tummy starting 01/07/10 (Apilus Platinum, picoflash)
10 hrs electrolysis on arms starting 01/30/10 (Apilus Platinum, synchro/picoflash)
37.25 hrs DIY electrolysis on left arm (OneTouch and Instantron)
1.75 hrs DIY electrolysis on tummy (Instantron, thermolysis)

Sponsored Links
#75974 - 06/25/10 11:24 PM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: MagicalPrincessKitty]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I've tried about 10 different tinted moisturizers. They're all very different! Right now, I have Boots and it's ok. The coverage is a bit too thin for my taste. The one I liked the best was Aveeno, but they discontinued it. I'm on my last bottle that I bought on eBay and not sure what I will do after. I tried like 5 different ones at Sephora and none seemed that great. Various ones do have lots of shades, but interestingly enough, the one that I like best, Aveeno, only comes in 2 shades and the lighter one is perfect on me.

I also recently tried Aveda and it seems pretty good. I may explore that one after this bottle runs out.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Fraxel's side effects.

p.s. That's interesting because that's not what I think at all when I see someone with a lot of makeup on. I always think of ho much better they would look without it or with lighter makeup, even if there is stuff to hide. But to be honest, many people seem to have skin issues and I think it's ok if some of it shows and you just have some light makeup on. For some reason, to me that's still normal and natural, and somewhat better than a thick layer of foundation and powder on top of it. But I do know what you mean about the powder!

#76063 - 06/29/10 06:56 AM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: LAgirl]
PRC86 Offline
Contributor

Loc: Brazil
I fell from bed early today, so I dropped by to say I didn't understand a thing from the last few posts. :p

Bonus video! This is us getting our asses kicked in the rain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6I7UvIGdhE

(We're the ones wearing red and blue jerseys and white shorts)

#76064 - 06/29/10 07:21 AM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: PRC86]
emilily Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I've been thinking about trying out Aveeno moisturiser. The one we get in Australia is a 15spf one, but doesn't have the tint.
However, I found a couple of sites that didn't have very good reviews for the products; http://www.acne.org/aveeno-radiant-skin-daily-moisturizer-with-spf-15-reviews/121/page1.html , http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showr...no/Moisturizers , just in case you wanted to check them out.

The tinted moisturiser I have at the moment is terrible, it's 10.0.6. It has a weird smell and leaves my skin feeling tacky. Also, the colouring means that instead of looking barely there on me, I look like I'm wearing a mask. So I've just been using my normal moisturiser and not bothering with any makeup.

Having to wear makeup to hide stuff scares me, and it's the reason I haven't started electrolysis on my face yet smile if I do find a great electroligist in Adelaide then I definitely will. Til then, it's worrying about hyper pigmentation from laser.

Oh and nice video smile is that rugby?

Current (Apilus Platinum):
Chin, lip, sides: Starting 30/08/13 1420 minutes
Tummy: 1 hr 21/09, 1 hr 30/09/13, 1.5 13/01, 1.5 08/04, .5hr 26/06, 1 hr 17/11/14,.25 hr 09/03/15, .25 31/07/2015
Chest/underarm: 2 hr 12/10, 1 hr 21/10, 1.5 hours 12/12/13, 1.5hours 11/02, 1.5 08/05, .5hr 26/6, 1hr 05/08, 1hr 17/11/14, .75hr 09/03/15, .5hr 13/07/15

Most recent: 45mins 08/10/2015, 30mins 02/16, 1hr 24/06/16, 1hr 11/10/16, 45 mins 18/09/2017

#76070 - 06/29/10 03:01 PM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: emilily]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

The tinted Aveeno moisturizer has been discontinued. I bought my last two on eBay. It only comes in two shades, so I wouldn't try it without being able to test and return first.

Boots is not bad. Aveda is decent too.

Laser doesn't cause any pigmentation issues if the settings are correct.

#76351 - 07/07/10 12:09 PM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: PRC86]
proximityinfo Offline

You're lucky you're a guy. Society is much more cruel to females with this problem than males. I've known some pretty hairy women who had to shave and wax and bleach every inch of themselves daily just to get the confidence to go to school each day or wear shorts at PE time. I didn't have it that easy either since I have super white skin and black hair.

Edited by James W. Walker VII, CPE (07/08/10 11:20 AM)
Edit Reason: removed ad links

#76357 - 07/07/10 03:31 PM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: proximityinfo]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Are you here for the hair forum or to promote your auto parts site? The latter isn't allowed btw.

#76568 - 07/12/10 11:17 PM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: LAgirl]
PRC86 Offline
Contributor

Loc: Brazil
I find it funny that proximityinfo just copied and pasted someone else's post.

So, a new question: do you guys ever think of your past problems with hair? (after you're done with the treatments, obviously)

I just got back from my third appointment, so I'm enjoying that hair free period. One of my recurring thoughts throughout the day is that I'm hiding from people that I used to be way too hairy for society's standards. I know, I have deep-seated problems that runs deeper than just body hair, but I somehow think I may not be the only one feeling like this.

So, later everyone!

#76575 - 07/13/10 03:26 AM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: PRC86]
MagicalPrincessKitty Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: California
Hey, look, I'm so famous that strangers are reciting my quotes! I'm like the next Mark Twain or Confucius!

Yes, you are not alone. I always ask myself how revealing I'll be with people once I'm hair free. Will I tell them I'm "hairy" at heart, or will I let them think I'm naturally smooth? Will I live the rest of my life in denial about it? Will all my future lovers be privy to the info that my naughty bits have been lasered?

I dunno. I think I'll be pretty open about it, I don't want to insult my former self, if that makes sense. She had to deal with enough shame without me retroactively snubbing her too.
1 laser session on right arm starting 07/02/10 (GenteLASE)
6.75 hrs electrolysis on tummy starting 01/07/10 (Apilus Platinum, picoflash)
10 hrs electrolysis on arms starting 01/30/10 (Apilus Platinum, synchro/picoflash)
37.25 hrs DIY electrolysis on left arm (OneTouch and Instantron)
1.75 hrs DIY electrolysis on tummy (Instantron, thermolysis)

#76879 - 07/20/10 04:54 AM Re: excess body hair, self-image and dating [Re: MagicalPrincessKitty]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Hmm...well, it depends. I don't think about my underarms at all. I never decide what to wear based on how my underarms look because there is absolutely zero hair there. That's a nice feeling. I also never worry about having to go to the pool or the beach on last minute's notice. My bikini and stomach are always ready. No need for waxing or bleaching. I also haven't even looked at my upper lip in months. So I guess I'm confident there is nothing there to notice.

I still shave my legs since I only had 3 treatments, but I really barely pay attention to them. I probably do it about once every 1.5-2 weeks and really only because it's summer now and I'm wearing shorts and dresses. And this isn't because there is no hair there. It's just fine and sparse and the fact that I don't have hair in other places makes me completely ignore it. I think I kind of came to the conclusion that I don't really care that much if my legs have a bit of hair. I think it partly has to do with the fact that I now think that men don't really care. smile

I remember I used to be consumed with hair issues. Every time I went to bed or got up in the morning, I was deciding what to wear based on how "prepared" by body hair was for the exposure.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod