consumer hair removal forum
Page 9 of 26 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#78609 - 09/18/10 05:06 PM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: BridgetBee]
BridgetBee Offline
Contributor

I also want to add that the beautician I went too was very realistic and said that it was giving some people great results and others were finding that they had to come back for more sessions. She didn't promise that it was a permanent solution but has been in the business for 25 yrs and thaought that it was a wonderful piece of technology. I have read alot abot it and I have a science (not physics) background. I believe that it could work but as was said in other posts - the only way to ever belive anything scientific is to see the raw data. This technology was developed in the mid 2000's so there should be loads of data available but I haven't been able to see it on the net. I know that people have got good results but what about the longevity of the results?? Surely the people that were involved in the early trials could post some feedback somewhere.

Sponsored Links
#78616 - 09/18/10 08:58 PM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: BridgetBee]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Where are you located?

#78621 - 09/19/10 12:12 AM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: C O'Connell]
BridgetBee Offline
Contributor

I'm in West Ireland. The salon I go to have it since April.

#78628 - 09/19/10 06:12 AM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: BridgetBee]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
So far, it seems to only be available in Ireland and Melbourne. I am based in Sydney, and as yet have not heard of any clinics offering it here. It is very interesting to hear about everyones' experiences and progress.

#78629 - 09/19/10 06:14 AM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: BridgetBee]
dee.oz (ireland) Offline
Major Contributor

well i have another session tomorrow also... the hairs on RHS have not come back but the hairs on LHS are starting to... so thats a little disappointing but im probably expecting too much too fast... im still in between minds whether to wax or not, after seen BridgetBees post, it makes me think i should not wax.. anyway will keep you all updated...

#78754 - 09/24/10 07:21 AM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: dee.oz (ireland)]
dee.oz (ireland) Offline
Major Contributor

it seems only 2 out of the 4/5 hairs on the LHS are coming back...

#78755 - 09/24/10 07:23 AM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: dee.oz (ireland)]
dee.oz (ireland) Offline
Major Contributor

sorry i mean the really long ones.. only 2 out of the 4/5... i still have millions of normal length hairs on the LHS

#78909 - 09/30/10 10:50 AM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: dee.oz (ireland)]
dee.oz (ireland) Offline
Major Contributor

HI All,As you may have read from my earlier posts - I am doing the selectif pro at moment. At the moment, I am not waxing/plucking the hair after treatment. I have been told that i need to wax to ensure the hairs are in anagen phase etc...
What is your opinion on waxing - does it make the facial hairs grow back worse? Any ideas?

#78910 - 09/30/10 12:55 PM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: dee.oz (ireland)]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Are they asking you to wax just ONE TIME or through the course of the treatments, periodically? Repeated, long term waxing can have adverse consequences on female facial hair. Doing it one time will not hurt.

I'm glad you understand that this is not a permanent solution to your problem. I think you are wasting your money and time, but will remain open-minded and follow this thread. These wonder procedures come and go, but as of 2010, electrolysis is the gold standard for PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL and LASER is a close friend for some situations for PERMANENT HAIR REDUCTION. The waxing is done to deceive you into thinking you see improvement. The real test is to run the course of these treatments according to what your salon person suggests and then back away from any hair removal for 6-12 months to see what you got left.

Those are my ideas! So how often is she asking you to wax?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#78927 - 09/30/10 08:57 PM Re: Selectif Pro - Applisonix [Re: dfahey]
BridgetBee Offline
Contributor

dFahey - I hope that you will be proven wrong but I know that this may not be a permanent solution. I have had three treatments. I had two one week after another and then one two weeks later. I am leaving two weeks between treatments now. I have my fourth session next week. I too worry about all the plucking that takes place during the treatment. I am very worried that it'll all come back and be worse but the beautician I am going to says that she wouldn't have it in her salon if she didn't believe that it could work. Admittedly she doesn't promise a permanent solution. I've read as much as I can on the net and it says that it gives results that are on a par with light based systems. I suppose time will tell what'll happen. I'm sure there are many factors - like why there is growth and treatments that have been used previously.

In your opinion would the hair folicles of the very fine downy hair be easier to destroy in general? Maybe the Appilsonix is stong enough for those hairs?

Page 9 of 26 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Josefa M. Reina
0 seconds ago
Electrolysis on legs
by Josefa M. Reina
Today at 07:10 AM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:30 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod