consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#80023 - 11/08/10 09:26 PM Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia
Rosella Offline

Hi all

I'm trying to find an electrologist on the Gold Coast, Australia. There are some clinics in Brisbane but that's an hour drive away. There MUST be someone on the Gold Coast although I have been told that they are pretty thin on the ground over here. Please can someone help?!!

I would like to have the blend method i.e. galvanic current and high frequency current if at all possible.

I also have a question about licensing in Ausralia - is it done/required? And if so, how do I check if someone is licensed?

I have had electrolysis in New Zealand in a small town of about 25,000 but can't seem to find one here in a city of 550,000. If there are electrologists following this site then I suggest you look int the possibility of setting up on the Gold Coast. Especially the booming hub of Robina. You would make my day and I'm sure I'm not the only one on the Gold Coast that needs a scientifically proven permanent hair removal solution. I have tried IPL and found it did nothing for me after 10 sessions.

Thanks in anticipation...

Rosella

Thread Sponsors
#80025 - 11/08/10 10:31 PM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: Rosella]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Why are you so set on blend and galvanic? Thermolysis is actually fastest and just as effective. It's most important to find someone good.

I don't think an hour is a big deal since you can schedule your trips 3-4 weeks apart, as long as you get a clearance each time, i.e. you'd need to schedule long enough treatments for this.

What areas and type of hair are you treating? IPL and lasers work, but only on dark coarse hair at correct settings.

#80097 - 11/10/10 09:42 PM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: LAgirl]
Rosella Offline

Thanks LAgirl. I was told that blend is the most effective method but I agree that it's most important to find someone good. The problem here in Ausralia seems to be that there are hardly any fully qualified electrologists and I'm not sure of the licensing requirements in Australia either. Everyone seems to offer laser or IPL (especially IPL - it's cheaper I guess). The distance to Brisbane is one hour each way so two hours round trip and I want to avoid it if I can.

The area I need to treat is upper lip and chin. I tried IPL a few years ago and it didn't work well for me at all although I do have dark hair and fairish skin. I do have some blonder hairs on upper lip so maybe that affected the effectiveness. I went for about 10 treatments before I gave up.

#80103 - 11/10/10 11:03 PM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: Rosella]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Whoever told you that is being biased. All methods are effective in good hands, but thermolysis is fastest.

Dark hair is not enough for laser. It needs to be coarse and dense - the type of hair that leaves a shadow when shaved.

#80116 - 11/11/10 02:27 AM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: LAgirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
All electrolysis methods WORK. It's all about getting enough energy to the bottom part of the follicle and applying that energy for the right amount of time so the hair slides out with no traction.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#80119 - 11/11/10 10:52 AM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: dfahey]
laylah88 Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Australia
Rosella hello! i am from the Gold Coast too, and have found it SOO hard to find an electrologist frown I have been going to brisbane for a while but luckily found someone in Banora Point (approx 20 - 25 min drive from Nerang) she works from Home, and it only costs $50 an hour, Verry cheap, if you would like her number id be more then happy to give it to you so you can see what you think:) She only does thermolysis but

#80126 - 11/11/10 09:15 PM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: laylah88]
Rosella Offline

Oh Laylah88 that would be FANTASTIC. I'm in Robina so probably only a 15min drive for me - yay. And are you finding her good? I'm only new to this forum but I believe you can send me a private message with the number?

Thanks so much
Rosella

#80128 - 11/11/10 09:23 PM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: LAgirl]
Rosella Offline

Hi LAgirl - would IPL treatment work in the same way? So if I was to get IPL on my bikini line that would work much better? There hair is definitely very dark and very coarse eek

Thanks very much for all the input - very educational smile

Edited by Rosella (11/11/10 09:24 PM)

#80131 - 11/11/10 09:50 PM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: Rosella]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Please read the FAQs at the link below. IPL is not the best type of machine. You need a true laser if you want the best results. And yes, laser is great for bikini hair.

#84403 - 03/14/11 06:12 AM Re: Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia [Re: LAgirl]
PinkRugby Offline

Could you also send me the details of the electrologist in Banora Point? I have just moved back from living in London and I am in desperate need of an appointment.

Thanks smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
After first clearance?
by James W. Walker VII
12 minutes 43 seconds ago
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 10:48 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3184
Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod