Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#80433 - 11/22/10 09:06 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: ]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: NE Louisiana
The beers would help. I have one who is an esthetitian and would do it. Oh, if you go the epilator route, you can squat over a mirror to get the perineal area. Be prepared for some pain.

Sponsored Links
#80434 - 11/22/10 09:14 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: templje]
Follicooler Offline

This stufff works great best thing i have used its got salicylic acid in it great to use a couple of days after electrolysis too
http://www.boots.com/en/Neutrogena-Visib...ansing%20Lotion

use it before and after epilating have tried bump creams and everything else or hydrogen peroxide 10vol is great to clean area and disinfect make sure you exfoliate regularly to

Edited by Follicooler (11/22/10 09:17 PM)
Edit Reason: link

#80440 - 11/22/10 11:42 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Follicooler]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: Follicooler
Get yourself an epilator Braun and Philips make good ones the cheaper versions just as good as the expensive ones wink you will only need to use it probably once a week to ten days but befor first use either trim your short hair with clippers or shave it all off and wait for it to get stubbly and then use the epilator otherwise you will get a rash and it will be quite painfull if the hair is to long when you start.

amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k%3Abraun+epilator%2Ci%3Adrugstore&keywords=braun+epilator&ie=UTF8&qid=1290458443#/ref=sr_st?keywords=braun+epilator&qid=1290458491&rh=k%3Abraun+epilator%2Cn%3A65801031&sort=price

Had to Google "epilator" as I'd never heard of it, sounds like it's something worth looking into, but also sounds very painful (particularly as it looks like I've got 1,000+ thick black hairs on each cheek frown and ripping them out 1 by 1 doesn't sound like fun) laugh

#80441 - 11/22/10 11:43 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: templje
I've used an epilator before and it works fine. Do trim it down first though. Also may want to apply some sort of bump cream afterwards too.
If you wax, unless you are very flexible, getting it all and in the correct direction would be tricky. Maybe you have a close friend who could help? An idea anyway.

Thanks for the help. I'm quite flexible and managed to shave that area no problem so I'm hoping confused waxing won't be much more difficult. laugh

#80442 - 11/22/10 11:46 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: ]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: edokid
That would be an interesting conversation "Hey dude want to come over tonight drink some beers, oh and try waxing my butt for me?" Haha.

LMAO <--- Literally grin

That would make a whole new version of the Budweiser advert...

"Hey what you doing"?
"Not much, watching the game, having a Bud, waxing my mates ass"
"Huh....."?

#80443 - 11/22/10 11:49 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: templje]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: templje
The beers would help. I have one who is an esthetitian and would do it. Oh, if you go the epilator route, you can squat over a mirror to get the perineal area. Be prepared for some pain.

cry

#80444 - 11/22/10 11:54 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Follicooler]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: Follicooler
This stufff works great best thing i have used its got salicylic acid in it great to use a couple of days after electrolysis too
http://www.boots.com/en/Neutrogena-Visib...ansing%20Lotion

use it before and after epilating have tried bump creams and everything else or hydrogen peroxide 10vol is great to clean area and disinfect make sure you exfoliate regularly to

So you are supposed to apply certain products before waxing and another product after waxing? When you say exfoliate do you mean use a certain product or just wash with soap? lol

#80446 - 11/23/10 01:27 AM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
Kirk99 Offline
Contributor

I understand your concern about cost when it comes to laser; I would have done it a lot sooner than I did, if I had the money earlier.

My advice - Save your money and go with the laser, you will not be disappointed; its worth it. As far as having someone treating you bum, well it turns out it isn't really that big of a deal, remember you're dealing with a professional who has "seen it all." It's over quick and you'll be on your way. After my initial treatment I didn't hesitate a moment to drop my drawers the second time. Again, it's worth it!

#80451 - 11/23/10 02:27 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Kirk99]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Thanks for your help. I'll definitely consider the laser for the future, perhaps after I've tried the waxing a few times. It's not so much the thought of someone seeing my bum, it's more the fact that I feel different being so hairy there. I know they've "seen it all" but maybe not as hairy as me :P and if they have then I'm probably in the 1 in 1,000 that they might come across which makes me feel like Iím weird frown

Many thanks

#80454 - 11/23/10 03:50 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
edokid
Unregistered

Well remember too you have to shave before your appointment so it's not like they'd see it that much differently than anyone else smile

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by adrien_sanchiz
1 second ago
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
Today at 01:57 AM
Ripped Off?
by Soft Touch
Today at 12:36 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
Today at 12:10 AM
FOR SALE
by CMM
Yesterday at 02:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
1 registered (adrien_sanchiz), 88 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod