Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#80413 - 11/22/10 03:46 PM Bum Waxing?
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Hey everyone,

I'm a male in my early 20's and I have a question about waxing.

I'm really looking for some advice on whether or not it is possible to wax your bum. I've searched the forums with no luck and I really would like some help on the subject.

I have very hairy legs, the hair starts on the top of my foot and goes up my lower and upper leg (front, back and sides) which doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that this thick BLACK hair then covers my bum completely. This never really bothered me as I thought all men were like this (as after all we did evolve from apes :D) It was only as I got older and started having girl friends that I realised it wasn't really normal. Most girls either laugh or are completely put off by it and I want to have it removed.

I've looked at electrolysis, but it's very expensive, so waxing is the route I'm looking to go down.

I've tried shaving cry and hair removal cream cry crazy but was the most uncomfortable I have ever been in my life, to the point where I couldn't sit, lay or stand lol

So is waxing your bum possible?

Can I do it myself?

What kit?

What after skin treatment?

Many Thanks!

Sponsored Links
#80416 - 11/22/10 04:06 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
edokid
Unregistered

There's no reason you can't do it yourself but it's probably a tricky area to do. Depending how much you have I find that using the Nair or Veet can't remember which one, spray is really good. It's just the 3 minute one and is almost like hair spray it sprays out so it provides really good coverage.

If the hair is very dark and coarse I'd suggest looking into doing laser then. Waxing you'll have to do all the time where laser will be permanent. You may even be happy with the reduction you get from a few laser sessions since all the very dark coarse hair will be removed first. You'll find that if you did use hair removal creams or shave that it will be much better since you won't see as much of the stubble since all the dark coarse hair will be gone. Or you can continue a full laser session 6-8 treatments and you'll probably have at least 80% of the hair removed with only the finer lighter hair remaining. Electrolysis could get rid of the rest or you may find it's acceptable the amount you have remaining.

#80417 - 11/22/10 04:16 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: ]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I've tried hair removal cream (both menís "Gel" and womenís "Spray")and within 12 hours I had some stubble. Within 24 hours or so my bum was covered with stubble all over and because you have to wait 48 to 72 hours before you can use the hair removal cream again it meant I had to put up with sharp stubble for days. Also the stubble made my skin really saw and itchy and left pink dimples all over my bum.

I haven't used it since and the hair is thick and black again and completely covers my bum. Would waxing not work?

Thanks!

#80418 - 11/22/10 04:39 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
edokid
Unregistered

No waxing would definitely work it's just that you'd have to do it every couple months or so and if it's something that you're planning on doing for good, laser will be cheaper in the long run. Once you do one laser session the hair all falls out and you'll be completely smooth for close to 2 months, then you repeat 6-8 times until most of it is all gone. Would prob be $100-200 per session.

#80420 - 11/22/10 05:32 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: ]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

I can afford a wax kit at £15-£20 but can't afford laser treatment at £100+ a session at the moment (and am too embarrassed to have someone laser my bum). I'll see how waxing goes and hopefully look into laser for the long term.

Thanks

Edited by New_Guy (11/22/10 05:33 PM)

#80422 - 11/22/10 06:51 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
edokid
Unregistered

Oh okay right I thought you meant you'd get it professionally waxed. I'm the same could never do laser lol luckily I don't have issues there phew. You can definitely do it yourself it just might take some practice because it's such an awkward area to be working in. Definitely not impossible though.

#80426 - 11/22/10 08:39 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
Follicooler Offline

Get yourself an epilator Braun and Philips make good ones the cheaper versions just as good as the expensive ones wink you will only need to use it probably once a week to ten days but befor first use either trim your short hair with clippers or shave it all off and wait for it to get stubbly and then use the epilator otherwise you will get a rash and it will be quite painfull if the hair is to long when you start.

amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k%3Abraun+epilator%2Ci%3Adrugstore&keywords=braun+epilator&ie=UTF8&qid=1290458443#/ref=sr_st?keywords=braun+epilator&qid=1290458491&rh=k%3Abraun+epilator%2Cn%3A65801031&sort=price

Edited by Follicooler (11/22/10 08:45 PM)
Edit Reason: link

#80427 - 11/22/10 08:46 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Follicooler]
Follicooler Offline

Forgot yes you can wax your bum but the epilator route is much less messy and time consuming

#80429 - 11/22/10 08:59 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Follicooler]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: NE Louisiana
I've used an epilator before and it works fine. Do trim it down first though. Also may want to apply some sort of bump cream afterwards too.
If you wax, unless you are very flexible, getting it all and in the correct direction would be tricky. Maybe you have a close friend who could help? An idea anyway.

#80430 - 11/22/10 09:02 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: templje]
edokid
Unregistered

That would be an interesting conversation "Hey dude want to come over tonight drink some beers, oh and try waxing my butt for me?" Haha.

#80433 - 11/22/10 09:06 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: ]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

The beers would help. I have one who is an esthetitian and would do it. Oh, if you go the epilator route, you can squat over a mirror to get the perineal area. Be prepared for some pain.

#80434 - 11/22/10 09:14 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: templje]
Follicooler Offline

This stufff works great best thing i have used its got salicylic acid in it great to use a couple of days after electrolysis too
http://www.boots.com/en/Neutrogena-Visib...ansing%20Lotion

use it before and after epilating have tried bump creams and everything else or hydrogen peroxide 10vol is great to clean area and disinfect make sure you exfoliate regularly to

Edited by Follicooler (11/22/10 09:17 PM)
Edit Reason: link

#80440 - 11/22/10 11:42 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Follicooler]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: Follicooler
Get yourself an epilator Braun and Philips make good ones the cheaper versions just as good as the expensive ones wink you will only need to use it probably once a week to ten days but befor first use either trim your short hair with clippers or shave it all off and wait for it to get stubbly and then use the epilator otherwise you will get a rash and it will be quite painfull if the hair is to long when you start.

amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k%3Abraun+epilator%2Ci%3Adrugstore&keywords=braun+epilator&ie=UTF8&qid=1290458443#/ref=sr_st?keywords=braun+epilator&qid=1290458491&rh=k%3Abraun+epilator%2Cn%3A65801031&sort=price

Had to Google "epilator" as I'd never heard of it, sounds like it's something worth looking into, but also sounds very painful (particularly as it looks like I've got 1,000+ thick black hairs on each cheek frown and ripping them out 1 by 1 doesn't sound like fun) laugh

#80441 - 11/22/10 11:43 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: templje
I've used an epilator before and it works fine. Do trim it down first though. Also may want to apply some sort of bump cream afterwards too.
If you wax, unless you are very flexible, getting it all and in the correct direction would be tricky. Maybe you have a close friend who could help? An idea anyway.

Thanks for the help. I'm quite flexible and managed to shave that area no problem so I'm hoping confused waxing won't be much more difficult. laugh

#80442 - 11/22/10 11:46 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: ]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: edokid
That would be an interesting conversation "Hey dude want to come over tonight drink some beers, oh and try waxing my butt for me?" Haha.

LMAO <--- Literally grin

That would make a whole new version of the Budweiser advert...

"Hey what you doing"?
"Not much, watching the game, having a Bud, waxing my mates ass"
"Huh....."?

#80443 - 11/22/10 11:49 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: templje]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: templje
The beers would help. I have one who is an esthetitian and would do it. Oh, if you go the epilator route, you can squat over a mirror to get the perineal area. Be prepared for some pain.

cry

#80444 - 11/22/10 11:54 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Follicooler]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: Follicooler
This stufff works great best thing i have used its got salicylic acid in it great to use a couple of days after electrolysis too
http://www.boots.com/en/Neutrogena-Visib...ansing%20Lotion

use it before and after epilating have tried bump creams and everything else or hydrogen peroxide 10vol is great to clean area and disinfect make sure you exfoliate regularly to

So you are supposed to apply certain products before waxing and another product after waxing? When you say exfoliate do you mean use a certain product or just wash with soap? lol

#80446 - 11/23/10 01:27 AM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
Kirk99 Offline
Contributor

I understand your concern about cost when it comes to laser; I would have done it a lot sooner than I did, if I had the money earlier.

My advice - Save your money and go with the laser, you will not be disappointed; its worth it. As far as having someone treating you bum, well it turns out it isn't really that big of a deal, remember you're dealing with a professional who has "seen it all." It's over quick and you'll be on your way. After my initial treatment I didn't hesitate a moment to drop my drawers the second time. Again, it's worth it!

#80451 - 11/23/10 02:27 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Kirk99]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Thanks for your help. I'll definitely consider the laser for the future, perhaps after I've tried the waxing a few times. It's not so much the thought of someone seeing my bum, it's more the fact that I feel different being so hairy there. I know they've "seen it all" but maybe not as hairy as me :P and if they have then I'm probably in the 1 in 1,000 that they might come across which makes me feel like Iím weird frown

Many thanks

#80454 - 11/23/10 03:50 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
edokid
Unregistered

Well remember too you have to shave before your appointment so it's not like they'd see it that much differently than anyone else smile

#80456 - 11/23/10 05:40 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: ]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Oh I didn't realise that, that's not so bad then smile When you say shave do you mean trim to stubble? What about when waxing, do you wax it long or trim it to stubble first?

Thanks

#80459 - 11/23/10 08:31 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

For Laser, shave completely. For waxing, trim to about 1/8-1/4 inch

#80460 - 11/23/10 08:32 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: templje]
New_Guy Offline
Contributor

Ok, thanks.

#80463 - 11/24/10 01:44 AM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
templje Offline
Major Contributor

Yep, also if regular hot wax is tuff on your skin, try hard wax, it just sticks to the hair.

#87121 - 05/08/11 11:11 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Anonymous]
wanabehairfree Offline
Contributor

bum waxing can cause pilonidal sinus

#90689 - 08/08/11 10:47 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: wanabehairfree]
Dr Paul Offline

Loc: Lancashire, UK
I've been getting my bum done as part of a full-body wax for 5 or 6 years now (both cheeks & crack). I'm fussy about having it all nice & smooth, including the perineum & anal areas as it's so much cleaner & smoother. I've never had any problems other than the odd ingrown hair on the lower parts of my bum cheeks. Deb at the salon is an excellent waxer, and more than happy to get everything smooth!

#93216 - 11/03/11 04:30 AM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Dr Paul]
tex Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: North Texas (DFW), USA
I agree on getting the entire backside waxed and all in between including several inches along the legs - I ask my waxers to remove every hair under my boxer shorts so this gets it all. Note that waxing styles, methods, and waxes vary considerably. I like the variety and so I keep going to more than one spa.... but if you don't like one experience, keep on looking.

Some folks ask for help on spreading the cheeks, or helping keep ones parts pulled aside or taught as needed. Still others, handle it just fine on their own. Seems that no-one requires the doggy-style butt-in-the air anymore, so I either lay on my stomach or my side with knees pulled up towards my gut.. I must admit that the hard wax is a bit nicer (it is used on pubes, crack and underarms when used), but hot wax is fine as well.

The key is experience on doing it right, safely, and easy - speed is good for both client and provider. And, of course, comfort in working around my nether regions is really important - I have worked with trainees and their reluctance to get in there and work confidently make the experience a bit more painful...

#102811 - 11/29/12 12:46 AM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: tex]
My Epil Offline
Contributor

Loc: USA
YIKES!! I have used an epilator on a MANY different areas of my body (but eventually stopped - long story) and I would absolutely not recommend putting an epilator down there. It will be extremely painful and poor long term results, from my experience. Between that and waxing, I definitely recommend waxing. Less pain, less ingrowns, faster, more consistent.

Good luck!!

I might actually try waxing down there myself. I usually just shave because I guess I don't care too much right now.

#106985 - 05/17/13 01:57 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Anonymous]
Annie G Offline

If you would like to learn how. There is a training video you can watch that shows how to wax a man's bum and the rest of his body.

#107320 - 06/02/13 10:11 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Anonymous]
AusMu Offline
Contributor

Loc: Irvine, CA
I'm a guy who also grows hair on the booty. Waxing works fine, but hear me out. I've been doing this other method called 'surgaring' for my buttocks hairs. It's kind of like waxing, only they use this sticky sugar like stuff to remove the hair instead of using hot wax. I find the method to be much better for removing hair in the butt area. It's easier clean up since the stickyness comes off with water only, it doesn't leave the undesirable ingrown hair when regrowth happens and it doesn't rip off that first layer of your skin that causes you to get those red bumps all over after waxing. It seems to last a little longer too, but that could just be me. The only downside is that it cost a little more than waxing. My girl charges me $20 for waxing and $40 for sugaring. I think it's worth it to pay the $20 extra dollars since it's much easier on the skin and the results are better in my opinion.

#113007 - 03/19/14 07:19 PM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: Anonymous]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

You guys must be strong I epilate my legs and under my arms I tried down below and well never again back to shaving I am considering getting a brazillian done at a salon because I like how I can go 2 weeks now without doing legs and under arms and its annoying that I have to do the women's bits twice a week with sometimes a little stubble that night before I do it again smirk hubby likes a little sometime down there but I like without and don't think anyone appreciates stubble. I would love to laser but can not afford to do it unless I went down the groupon route but so many negatives about doing the cheap way and under treatments. Perhaps it will need to go onto my xmas list this year and see if santa will pay up. Epilator down there ouch you don't really have a choice when you have paid somone to wax they will pull it off quick but when you are epilating trust me it will hurt and will be hard to see back there too.

#123736 - 04/06/17 02:52 AM Re: Bum Waxing? [Re: New_Guy]
AmyStanton37 Offline

It's possible to wax your bum but you'll need a second per to help you. It gets pretty challenging trying to reach certain spots on your bum and you do want a patchy bum lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
After first clearance?
by Roselake21
Today at 05:55 AM
Advice for customers.
by Roselake21
Today at 05:32 AM
Share feelings here (not questions)
by LisaRay
Today at 01:45 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3184
Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod