Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#82599 - 02/04/11 01:58 AM New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
For anyone interested, a new electrology school is opening in Columbus. Classes are scheduled to begin March 4, 2011. The Cosmetic Therapy Training Program will offer a 765 hour program, with 50 hours of the required laser hair removal program, also being offered. The State Medical Board of Ohio and the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools have both approved the program.

Instructors will be physicians and others who have a degree within the science they teach. Currently licensed CT's/electrologists may attend regularly scheduled classes, for a fee, to obtain continuing education required for license renewal every two years. Classes will be offered on Friday's and Saturday's from 8am to 6:30 pm. Don't know the fee schedule, but anyone interested in attending this new program can call Vickie Mickey's office at 614-457-0448.

I personally am very pleased that this program recognizes the need to train students in both modalities for professional hair removal/reduction - electrolysis and laser. I have been to Vickie's facility and it is very nice, not to mention, very accessible from the interstate.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Thread Sponsors
#82638 - 02/05/11 03:27 AM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: dfahey]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Kansas
This is wonderful!

Do you know the hours for electrolysis?

If the program is approved by the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools, then does it mean that students could get student loans to attend? I have a client who is planning on going "somewhere" this spring/summer......

#82639 - 02/05/11 03:47 AM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: Barbara_CPE]
bryce Offline
Major Contributor

As far as I understand the Ed code, a school has to be "recognized" by the department of education in order to get access to federal student loan programs. Recognition comes from getting accreditation by (1) the relevant regional accreditation body, (2) certain national bodies, and (3) state agencies for vocational programs. Private loan programs can do whatever they want, so there may be options there, too. I imagine (3) applies above, so it may.

http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html

#82640 - 02/05/11 04:08 AM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: bryce]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks Bryce for that information. Barbara, I can't answer your questions, but will try to later.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#82731 - 02/07/11 06:33 PM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: dfahey]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Bryce is correct on accreditation and being thus recognized by the dept. of Ed for student loans. And, that is exactly what the AEA was trying to do years ago. I was part of the accreditation process and we developed landmark work for our electrology schools. AEA probably spent $100K developing the program (our advisor had done the accreditation for Harvard!)

After all that work (a period of about 2 years) we only had two schools apply for accreditation. Remember the AEA program is the REAL DEAL — it's just that nobody seemed to want it!

#96210 - 02/29/12 04:48 AM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: Michael Bono]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

More information:

STUDENT CATALOGUE
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#96212 - 02/29/12 05:08 AM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: dfahey]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
$15,575 spent, and you still need to pay more to sit for the licensing exam. shocked

#96218 - 02/29/12 03:25 PM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Nice to see the new school! BRAVO!
I'm sure it's going to be a great success!

"Build it and they will come." (Or something like that?)

#96219 - 02/29/12 04:00 PM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: Michael Bono]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Ohio School

I read through the catalogue and I’m impressed and excited about their view of the future. Indeed, a professional that has real understanding of all modalities (laser too) and will become a “hair removal expert.” DOUBLE BRAVO!

As the line in the movie says: “It’s the future, Mr. Gitts!” Indeed, this is the future. Were I starting my career, this would be my school choice.

Imagine experts with full understanding of laser and electrolysis? Not just “picking it up on the go,” but learning in depth. Not understanding electrolysis or laser only “by what I’ve seen,” but by the science.

I think we should all be supportive of this endeavor that will benefit both professionals and patients. Imagine going to ONE person and being given the best “modality” based on your personal needs. Imagine not having to “shop around” and use your own body as an experiment.

WAY TO GO OHIO!

#97260 - 03/28/12 03:31 PM Re: New Electrolysis School opening in Columbus, Ohio [Re: Michael Bono]
NoHairNewby Offline
Contributor

Loc: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I am living in Ontario Canada and am investigating training for electrolysis.

It is more than frustrating.

I just spoke with a school and they are giving the course in 40 hrs of theory and clinical...

I can't find anywhere that is reputable.

Help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
Today at 09:16 AM
Any comments about Cabelo Electrolysis in Canada?
by Ton
Today at 04:50 AM
Any microscope-assisted in Bristol or SW England?
by Ton
Today at 04:46 AM
Magnification, the ultimate question....
by beate_r
Today at 04:23 AM
Beard Electrolysis
by adamj95
Yesterday at 07:47 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9520
James W. Walker VII 8028
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
1 registered (LRN), 106 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod