Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#85840 - 04/10/11 03:00 PM Re: Electoylsis on Upper Lip and Sun/Makeup [Re: MsPetite]
issywissy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London,UK
Thanks for the information Dee and Barbara about medicated make-up.

I thought that the whiteheads that look as if there is a hair inside them were called folliculitis. I get these whiteheads at time without treatment as the hair follicle is infected by the growing hair.

Thread Sponsors
#86681 - 05/01/11 10:53 AM Re: Electoylsis on Upper Lip and Sun/Makeup [Re: issywissy]
thereish Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London UK
Hi Issywissy

How do you get on with the factor 50 does it not leave a ghostly white effect on your skin? i.e. how noticeable is it?

I know that you ordered skincueticals factor 50 is that what you use?

Thanks.

#86691 - 05/01/11 04:30 PM Re: Electoylsis on Upper Lip and Sun/Makeup [Re: thereish]
issywissy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London,UK
hi thereish,

I have been using it and found that it works well. It has a nice silky feel and I mixed it with my moisturiser and then apply. I have found that it can leave small, fine particles if rubned to hard. I wonder if that is the reflection of my skin however - I have skin that needs a lot of exfoliating. I find that I have lots of blocked pores (lovely).
I am skin type IV and have no issues with ashiness.
I don't usually reapply but when I do there is no issue with build up or a "ghost" effect.. I use Jane Ireland powder sunblock for the rest of the day.

I hope that helps.

P.S I personally have recently started to avoid moisturisers after electrolysis for a couple of days and use aloe vera gel and argan oil mixed so there is no possibility of reaction such as whiteheads for the ingredients of my moisturiser. Still get one or two for a day.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermocoagulation and Health Canada regulation
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:09 PM
One month on...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Sterilization in Canada
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair.
by Stephgold
01/13/18 11:49 PM
Hello again! Looking for advice and opinions.
by Stephgold
01/13/18 07:10 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9633
James W. Walker VII 8052
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3219
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod