consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#8793 - 05/30/02 04:42 AM Re: Home electrolysis
Puff Offline

Loc: Nevada
npetty....looks like we are on the same path. Want to race and see who get done quicker [Razz]

With a name like "Petty" Hmmmmmm....sorry I just had to say it.

Good luck. I am going to try to pick up a On Touch locally next week. If I can't find one then I will order one. I also believe I will try some ELA-Max 5.

Sponsored Links
#8794 - 05/31/02 06:55 PM Re: Home electrolysis
Ros Offline

Loc: uk
Hi.
First i would like to thank Hairfacts for saving me a lot of cash [Smile] .i was seriously thinking of buying a unit from "global e supply" until i read about them, enough said about that.
I'm a trans person m2f, i've had quite a lot of electrolysis but still have my top lip and under my chin to do, i'm looking for a good machine to finish the job, can anybody recommend a company or website where i could purchase a good machine that uses blend or just galvanic, i would prefer it to be in the uk.
Thanks
Ros.. [Razz]

#8795 - 05/31/02 06:57 PM Re: Home electrolysis
Ros Offline

BTW, i can recommend "One Touch" i used one a few years ago, it was slow but did the job..

Ros. [Smile]

#8796 - 06/01/02 07:47 AM Re: Home electrolysis
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
You might check out this site, which has a device for about US$200-something:

Amanda's electrolysis device (Australian)

There are a couple of caveats, though-- I don't know what the regulatory status of this device is in the US-- it might be stopped at customs if they are not registered with FDA.

I do not know anyone who has purchased this device or used it. The manufacturer wrote to me, and *appears* to be honest and ethical, as well as an engineer.

I have not inspected the device personally, and I have no way of knowing about the manufacturers business practices at this time.

(note: this is not an endorsement, but a suggestion for further research. No claim is made as to the quality of this device or the service from this company)

#8797 - 05/31/02 08:21 PM Re: Home electrolysis
Ros Offline

Thanks Andrea.
It looks ok but i would prefere somewhere nearer England, i have to find a machine because my usual electrologist is moving in a few weeks. Ros.

#8798 - 05/31/02 08:25 PM Re: Home electrolysis
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

You might ask your electrologist if he or she has any used equipment they will be selling when they move.

#8799 - 05/31/02 08:53 PM Re: Home electrolysis
Ros Offline

i have already asked, unfortunatly no go, she is moving equipment and all.
Well i'll keep trying.

#8800 - 06/01/02 08:02 AM Re: Home electrolysis
natalie Offline

Loc: Michigan
I'm interested in buying a home unit for personal use. I'm patient and will take my time, but I honestly have no clue which brand/model I should be going for.

If there are any that are under $50 and work well, I'd appreciate if someone would let me know a good brand and model that they've had good experiences with. I see a few different ones on various webpages but I'd rather ask before just randomly picking one out. Thanks!

#8801 - 06/01/02 10:13 AM Re: Home electrolysis
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Welcome, natalie!

For under US$50, your best bet is the One Touch, You can buy it at many drugstore chains and at beauty supply stores.

You can also buy it online, which I discuss on my site:

Hairfacts: home electrolysis purchasing info

#8802 - 06/01/02 02:51 PM Re: Home electrolysis
natalie Offline

Loc: Michigan
Thanks, I'll plan on purchasing one of those probably.

I'm a very patient and very precise person (with steady hands, too, I may add!) and am good at following directions. I know home electrolysis is recommended against but... if I follow directions, take my time, and use the tool properly, should I see lasting results? (permenant is what I'm going for)

Thanks for your advice!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Pro-Tec Probes Recommendations for Apilus
by Iluv2zap
Today at 08:30 PM
Unwanted hair - help/advice!
by EUGuy
Today at 04:27 PM
PCOS over-diagnosed
by Michael Bono
Today at 04:19 PM
Apilus Platinum Pur for Sale
by laraisk
Yesterday at 09:14 AM
Something wrong
by blueberry
10/18/18 09:11 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9726
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3515
Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod